Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I worry about Tesla going out of business?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figure if the stock market goes totally the wrong way for them the T will be a Toyota sub-brand, or Fiat, or BYD, or something else we've yet to hear from that's actually bigger than 10 bears out of China or India. It seems to be working out okay for Jaguar, and Volvo. Lots of people still buying Mitsubishi cars too, and they got into trouble and became part of the "Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance". There are so few brands that own themselves nowadays that Tesla is part of a reasonably exclusive club right now.

Reactions: goldengate
Our last 5 brand new vehicles have all been from GM. 2 Buicks, 2 Cadillacs and a GMC.

They actually DID go bankrupt. And do you know how concerned I was about it? Zero. Zero percent.

Now there’s a Buick (which has been bankrupt) and a Tesla (which has never been bankrupt) in my driveway. One burns flammable liquid, creating explosions hundreds of times a minute. The other uses the same electrons I use to power my home.

And the media would have me believe the Tesla is the riskier of the two?

We decided to order a Model S before the first delivery. Scary? I’ll say. Twice the price of any previous car and Tesla disappearing would have put our family in financial stress. But we weighed the positives as being worth it.

On our third, two of which are sitting in our garage - not an ICE on the property. Number one had served us well and took us over 165,000 miles.
We have actually saved money (fuel and maintenance, let alone safety).
Listening to the demise of Tesla has been a running joke with us.
Go anywhere with your Tesla ( even here in Tesla land California) and people flock to look at your car and throw questions your way.
Not only have our three Tesla’s be an innovation, but also an inspiration.

Despite multiple reports of Tesla going under, today they remain the number one car maker far outpacing number 2 with triple the production. Leading a string of electric car producers, they still are the leading innovators of transportation design.

Despite multiple reports of Tesla going under, today they remain the number one car maker far outpacing number 2 with triple the production. Leading a string of electric car producers, they still are the leading innovators of transportation design.

While I don’t disagree with your optimism, this isn't even close to being possible. Even if they sold cars as fast as they could make them, there’s no way they could scale up production capacity that fast.

I think Tesla is enjoying the status as a hugely disruptive force in the market because of all the things they’re doing that your more rigid automakers aren’t. But some very smart people are taking notice, and changes are being made across the industry.

I think Tesla has earned their place as a major automaker with the wide-scale rollout of the M3, but make no mistake...the competition is evolving faster than they ever have in history. Because they have to. And that’s nothing but WIN as a consumer.

In February 2019, Tesla announced it planned to acquire Maxwell Technologies. On May 16, Tesla completed its acquisition of Maxwell Technologies for over $200 million.

Maxwell Technologies is known for developing energy storage and power delivery solution-related products for automotive, heavy transportation, renewable energy, and much more. It is rumored Tesla was after Maxwell's Intellectual Properties that would benefit their vehicle's performance and range.

Yep he is going broke lol

Fred

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
In February 2019, Tesla announced it planned to acquire Maxwell Technologies. On May 16, Tesla completed its acquisition of Maxwell Technologies for over $200 million.

Maxwell Technologies is known for developing energy storage and power delivery solution-related products for automotive, heavy transportation, renewable energy, and much more. It is rumored Tesla was after Maxwell's Intellectual Properties that would benefit their vehicle's performance and range.

Yep he is going broke lol

Fred
10 month reference was before the Maxwell acquisition.
Now it is even shorter.

It will help if they stop selling SR.

True, and a lots of the pain are self inflicted wound (Best example would be Canadian Version of SR, was cloth interior 360km range, then becomes SR+ interior with 360km range, and then becomes SR+ interior with 150km range, what's next?). If Tesla can becomes more consistent (at least from the consumer point of view) and never over promise, things would looks a lot more under control.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
While I don’t disagree with your optimism, this isn't even close to being possible. Even if they sold cars as fast as they could make them, there’s no way they could scale up production capacity that fast.

I think Tesla is enjoying the status as a hugely disruptive force in the market because of all the things they’re doing that your more rigid automakers aren’t. But some very smart people are taking notice, and changes are being made across the industry.

I think Tesla has earned their place as a major automaker with the wide-scale rollout of the M3, but make no mistake...the competition is evolving faster than they ever have in history. Because they have to. And that’s nothing but WIN as a consumer.

Ahhh, yes. But you didn't take into account the takeover in 2021 when Tesla bought the previous #1 and #2 automakers - thus substantially increasing capacity to meet demand. All this after 80% of the public demanded electric after countless episodes of humiliation with the so-called muscle cars and pickups.

Don't forget to follow Elon's tweets...I was told on several occasions by my Tesla rep that his tweets dictate their strategies :)

You mean these? hope he can stop posting tweets that can't materialize
1.JPG
2.JPG