Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I use Springfield, NJ or Devon, PA Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to pickup my new MS as early as next Monday in Devon, PA (had been Norristown, but they completed the move last week). Because of the recent issues with Tesla dealerships in NJ, and because I live almost exactly equidistant to the Devon and Springfield service centers, I ended up with a PA delivery. My contact with the Norristown/Devon DS has been OK (communication could be better), and the guy seemed friendly enough when I visited Devon the other day (reconnaissance, of course).

However, I've read a few things lately about the Norristown/Devon crew being less than spectacular. And I remember seeing some positive reports about the Springfield SC. But this is anecdotal and limited by my recent arrival to these boards (and over at the Tesla forums).

Have any of you had the experience of dealing with both service centers and found any differences in quality, responsiveness, and service? If not, do any of you have any particularly strong positive or negative impressions of the staff at either place?

Despite picking up the car in Devon, I'm not wedded to the idea of using that SC, so can be flexible.

Thanks.

Ordered 4/27, Confirmed 4/29, VIN received 5/1; VIN: P43253
S85 | Black | Pano | Black Leather | Obeche Matte| Dual Chargers | Tech | Air | Parking Sensors | Fog Lamps | Subzero | Package Shelf

The Springfield service center is awesome - fortunately, I havent had to do any work yet, but their attitude, cleanliness of shop and genuine care / interest for their customers is great, and I know that when I do go their for the annual, or any service that is needed, that I'll be well taken care of.

Interesting, your comment about Queens. Adam the service manager from Queens and a couple of others opened the Springfield Center. And I have been to Queens many times and can say in my case they have been absolutely amazing. Tim and the people at Queens have taken care of every issue I have had and then some. It may just have been your experience. I have also been to Springfield and Adam's crew is excellent as well.

go to Springfield. They were willing to help and to address some issues while the others were not (Queens/Norristown).

Interesting, your comment about Queens. Adam the service manager from Queens and a couple of others opened the Springfield Center. And I have been to Queens many times and can say in my case they have been absolutely amazing. Tim and the people at Queens have taken care of every issue I have had and then some. It may just have been your experience. I have also been to Springfield and Adam's crew is excellent as well.

I like Adam. Met him two or three times now.

Regarding queens, they lied about tire tread levels in their report. They made up numbers and didn't actually measure. They also didn't fix a few things that Springfield had addressed later no problem. Queens also scuffed up the rear bumper by I am assuming backing into something. Of course I can't prove that though but I polished it out easy anyway. Besides queens is located in a horrible horrible neighborhood that looks quite unsafe and I would never want my family members driving in and out of there. Whoever chose that location should be fired. Clearly the probably google mapped it and leased it without doing onsite inspection. In addition to being unsafe, there is absolutely no parking available. Tesla's are lined up illegally on the sidewalks and everything. It's very bad.

Did my pickup in Norristown. Had service at Norristown once before they moved to Devon (for rear cup holder install), then recently had service at Devon to address a few issues, 12,000 mile service, an alignment (damn NJ pot holes...) and to install a second charger. Did the valet for the latter. Its about an hour away from me (Springfield is further) and they brought me out a loaner on a trailer, loaded up my car, hauled it off, and got to work. They resolved all of my issues, brought the car back in the same manner days earlier than anticipated, near the end of the day through Philadelphia rush hour traffic no less. Was clean and working perfectly.

Same crew from Norristown moved to Devon.

No complaints.

If you are not happy with the location of the Queens Center so be it. I make the trip because I find their honesty refreshing and I have always had an excellent experience. I doubt Adam would have let anyone lie about tire level numbers. Perhaps it was an error, I found Adam and now Tim to be very strait forward. I had service done at both locations, excellent service at both. Certainly if you do not like the location don't go there, I find the team there extremely knowledgeable. Glad to see you like Adam now that he is at Springfield. If you can't say for sure your car was marked at Queens perhaps it did not happen there, just saying. Some terriffic Restaurants are located in the worst areas of Newark, I go there and enjoy the food each time.
If you don't like the Queens Center don't go there, I go there for GREAT service not the location. Oh and I am glad the Techs that went to Springfield from Queens have fixed your "few things" now that they are in Springfield, the Jersey air makes them smarter.

I like Adam. Met him two or three times now.

Regarding queens, they lied about tire tread levels in their report. They made up numbers and didn't actually measure. They also didn't fix a few things that Springfield had addressed later no problem. Queens also scuffed up the rear bumper by I am assuming backing into something. Of course I can't prove that though but I polished it out easy anyway. Besides queens is located in a horrible horrible neighborhood that looks quite unsafe and I would never want my family members driving in and out of there. Whoever chose that location should be fired. Clearly the probably google mapped it and leased it without doing onsite inspection. In addition to being unsafe, there is absolutely no parking available. Tesla's are lined up illegally on the sidewalks and everything. It's very bad.