Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I reject my current delivery (HW3) for HW4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to retool. CT and Semi are new manufacturing lines
What does that have to do with anything?

I'll repeat it

Elon said the new HW4 FSD computer will be used in all vehicles. That could be the only reason for additional cameras ports. They made the board have enough inputs for the additional cameras in the CT and Semi.

There's no promise of any additional cameras coming to the SEXY line.

It's possible, but 0 confirmation.

I'll repeat it

Elon said the new HW4 FSD computer will be used in all vehicles. That could be the only reason for additional cameras ports. They made the board have enough inputs for the additional cameras in the CT and Semi.

Tesla really dug themselves into a hole with the camera layout on the regular cars. It's pretty much a joke at this point that there's still no bumper camera.

If history is any guide HW4 is going to be a significant feature *regression* for months if not years and any additional capabilities, if they ever come, are going to be a long ways off.

Vision-based replacement for USS is NEVER going to achieve parity. It’s a garbage idea and the only real motivator is cost cutting.

If I were in the market right now I might SEEK OUT a HW3/USS car vs. thinking of rejecting one.

If history is any guide HW4 is going to be a significant feature *regression* for months if not years and any additional capabilities, if they ever come, are going to be a long ways off.

Vision-based replacement for USS is NEVER going to achieve parity. It’s a garbage idea and the only real motivator is cost cutting.

If I were in the market right now I might SEEK OUT a HW3/USS car vs. thinking of rejecting one.
Can't blame you. Vision is a joke right now. It's so frustrating to see Tesla get away with this over and over again, and take that from someone who's a shareholder.

Reactions: StevenSD
For free SC these are the details. You must order AND take delivery in said wondow of time:
Screenshot_20230421_140412_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: brkaus and Kare101

I'll repeat it

So if they are not gonna put extra cameras what's the point of HW4? A faster chip? Watch one of the previous TMC podcasts where they discuss HW4 and all 3
guys see additional cameras being added to ALL the cars as their are blind spots in the front and the rear. And if you take a current car with HW4 it WILL NOT be able to be retrofitted with the extra cameras

Reactions: phantasms
Please don’t take it. It was likely a reject by someone else, it took the SC a while to get it fixed. Save yourself some time from lemoning it 3 months down the road.
Untrue. Could have been available for a buyer and they had a change of heart. No reason to think it was a damage scenario?

Givej price increase now, easier decision.

I'll repeat it

Read this 2024 Tesla Model 3 (facelift) purportedly seen on test