Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(recall they were a signatory on that letter to Trump to relax standards, etc...).

Every automaker save Tesla in the USA was a signatory to that letter.

Even GM with Volt Bolt and CT6 PHEV and Nissan with LEAF.

They all weaseled by going through the American Auto Manufacturers Association.

FCA makes money selling Rams and Hemis.

PHEVs area simply a hedge.

Das US-amerikanische Unternehmen plant nach dem Start seines neuen „Model 3“ die Produktion von 50.000 auf 500.000 Fahrzeuge innerhalb zwei Jahr steigern zu können. Rund 400.000 verbindliche Fahrzeugbestellungen lägen dem Unternehmen schon vor, heißt es. Der Tesla-Chef Musk sprach am 08.11.2016 in Prüm sogar von 600.000 Fahrzeugen. Eine Millionen Fahrzeuge sind für 2020 geplant. Musk favorisiert bei dieser Planung die Roboter-Technik. Maschinen sollen Maschinen bauen, sagte er. Den Produktionsausbau soll der ehemalige Audi-Manager Peter Hochholdiger organisieren. Ihn hat Musk auch bereits engagiert.

"On 8 November 2016, the Tesla CEO Musk spoke in Prüm, even mentioning 600.000 vehicles." [reserved], seeing how this sentence relates back to the previous one which mentions around 400.000 known reservations. However, the article isn't really well informed since they speak of "verbindliche Fahrzeugbestellungen" which would mean binding reservations (=orders) which we know they're not. But hey, on the Model 3 concept sketch thank you note I recieved it said "Thank you for ordering a Model 3" so we all know that Elon can be pretty sloppy with his used of "order" v.s. "reservation".

More "color" on the troubles at the competition: UPDATE 3-Work halts on Nevada car plant as troubles mount for Chinese entrepreneur

Faraday Future, based in Gardena, California, reportedly missed several payment deadlines with contractor AECOM, according to a Nevada state official. A Faraday spokesperson declined to confirm whether it missed payments, but said Faraday "is

working with" AECOM during an "adjustment period" at the plant and that it planned to restart work at the plant in 2017.

"This is a Ponzi scheme," Nevada State Treasurer Dan Schwartz said in an interview Tuesday. "You have a new company that has never built a car, building a new plant in the middle of the desert, financed by a mysterious Chinese billionaire. At some point, as with Bernie Madoff, the game ends."

I FINALLY have my ownership statements for TSLA and SCTY from my broker.

I tried calling the numbers for international voters as mentioned on SCTY IR and TSLA IR, but noone answers (yet).

Does someone here know how to vote having this statement ?
I assume it is by e-mail.

I voted my shares held at Fidelity through their web site, but for the shares held in Merrill Lynch account, I've received a card via regular mail with control number and instructions to vote via separate web site using the control number from the card.
I am not sure if web site for voting in NA different from voting in Europe, but the website I was requested to use was: Welcome to Proxyvote.com

I fully believe that Tesla will be the best and perhaps the most profitable company 10 years from now. With that being said, if Jim Chanos and his pack of negative nellies are right, I demand a TMC meetup in Las Vegas where we can laugh and drown our sorrows. I'm alive and healthy. That's all that matters! I guess this could be considered a bagholders quote...but I have no fear!

Last edited:
Does anyone think Chrysler Pacifica will steal some Model X sales next month?

Did you forget the sarcasm tags? Why would anyone suggest cross shopping of vehicles in completely different market segments just because they both happen to have batteries in them? Sure it might happen occasionally in rare occurrences but not in any way that matters. Do you think the ICE Pacifica steals sales from the Porsche Cayenne?

Ref : Voting from Europe.

Just talked to someone at the phone number provided at Tesla-IR and SolarCity-IR.

He was helpful, but he had to inform me they could do nothing from me, it is impossible for me to vote with my few 1.000 shares, even tough I now got proof of ownership of the shares on Sept 23rd.
The problem is that many brokers do not give out proxy-codes.

I asked a bit further, they got AT LEAST 500 such calls from worried shareholders in Europe.
Should the vote be tight (I assume it will not be that close), this problem for international voters to vote could have been decisive.

Faraday Future, based in Gardena, California, reportedly missed several payment deadlines with contractor AECOM, according to a Nevada state official. A Faraday spokesperson declined to confirm whether it missed payments, but said Faraday "is

working with" AECOM during an "adjustment period" at the plant and that it planned to restart work at the plant in 2017.

"This is a Ponzi scheme," Nevada State Treasurer Dan Schwartz said in an interview Tuesday. "You have a new company that has never built a car, building a new plant in the middle of the desert, financed by a mysterious Chinese billionaire. At some point, as with Bernie Madoff, the game ends."
Faraday Future becomes
Faraway Future becomes
Nada Future

I am sick of seeing pundits go on and on about Tesla facing competition from legacy automakers... I have put down my thoughts on why this is unlikely to happen... I suspect I am preaching to the choir here, but I do feel like I have made a succinct argument and I have some insight into the nature of the disruption that I haven't heard articulated in quite the same way.

Tesla has zero competition from Big Auto

I voted my shares held at Fidelity through their web site, but for the shares held in Merrill Lynch account, I've received a card via regular mail with control number and instructions to vote via separate web site using the control number from the card.
I am not sure if web site for voting in NA different from voting in Europe, but the website I was requested to use was: Welcome to Proxyvote.com

I was able to vote at both Merrill Edge and Fidelity online.

Reactions: Intl Professor
Ref : Voting from Europe.

Just talked to someone at the phone number provided at Tesla-IR and SolarCity-IR.

He was helpful, but he had to inform me they could do nothing from me, it is impossible for me to vote with my few 1.000 shares, even tough I now got proof of ownership of the shares on Sept 23rd.
The problem is that many brokers do not give out proxy-codes.

I asked a bit further, they got AT LEAST 500 such calls from worried shareholders in Europe.
Should the vote be tight (I assume it will not be that close), this problem for international voters to vote could have been decisive.

My broker don't allow for voting either, although I don't even have 1000, so even less influence. Nevertheless, it would have been nice to say "yes" to it and help the cause, or give Elon more of a %age in favour.

What happens to the shares that can't be/aren't voted, are they removed from the equation?

Reactions: Lessmog
I can't believe i got a MX, when i could have gotten a minivan...

If it is any consolation, the Model X is closer to a minivan than anything else. Unibody chassis, unconventional doors, powered doors, 3 row seating, available captain seats in the second row, and a glass roof. No GMC is going to come with automatic doors.
Didn't Elon Musk himself say the Model X was designed to appeal to women?

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
I fully believe that Tesla will be the best and perhaps the most profitable company 10 years from now.

I'm convinced that they trey to build a 100% robotic model 3 production line. Elon said in a conference call something like "if a human is in the line the whole thing is down to people speed". And that's why the interior of the model 3 looks so spartanic, IMO they will get rid of the instrument cluster and replace is with a HUD (easier for robots) If they archive that, the productivity will be nuts, round the clock production at an incredible pace

If you guys haven't already, I strongly (very, very strongly) recommend reading the interview by Peter Hochholdinger (Tesla's new VP of vehicle manufacturing) in the Manufacturing Leadership Journal.

Manufacturing Leadership Journal - October 2016 - 10

Here's an excerpt (see below). If you take this thinking further, then Tesla is probably trying to look at every process in general assembly and asking how can we design the car so that this task can be automated easier. Fascinating stuff.

View attachment 202465

If it is any consolation, the Model X is closer to a minivan than anything else. Unibody chassis, unconventional doors, powered doors, 3 row seating, available captain seats in the second row, and a glass roof. No GMC is going to come with automatic doors.
Didn't Elon Musk himself say the Model X was designed to appeal to women?

When TM was doing their X cross country test drive events for reservations holders that had not confirmed orders the TM salesperson described it as 'the fastest minivan on wheels' as my wife was test driving it. :rolleyes:

probably was not the right description to get my wife to confirm :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.