Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who suggested it, but one forum member noted a few weeks ago that success in obtaining financing for existing Solar City projects, even at somewhat unattractive rates, could provide all of the cash that Tesla needs without a new capital raise. I wonder if that's what Elon is now expecting?

• Informative
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Three questions, I'd appreciate some opinions.

What is the plant expansion for? It's clearly not for the early part of the M3 ramp. Any impact on the SP?

What will the SP be when Fremont is spitting out an M3 every 20-30 seconds and the Gigafactory is producing 25-50 gwh per year of TE products?

Will that be in 2017 or 2018?

Does the increase in the base price mean that an upgraded AP HW announcement is imminent?

Thanks!
I do think the expansion is for Model 3. Maybe not the ones next year but they are preparing for the ramp. Factory tours show the current Fremont plant is almost full. And the expansion is just plan now, it takes time to get approval, build the exterior, fill the interior, test the machines, etc. A bit over a year of lead time is not that long.

upload_2016-10-9_17-31-22.png

I can't remember who suggested it, but one forum member noted a few weeks ago that success in obtaining financing for existing Solar City projects, even at somewhat unattractive rates, could provide all of the cash that Tesla needs without a new capital raise. I wonder if that's what Elon is now expecting?

It was suggested by @neroden.

Another possibility is offtake agreement related to TE with large upfront payment by the buyer in return for a large discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.