Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: GoTslaGo and Drax7
What could a case for market manipulation cost VW's ?

Verdacht auf Marktmanipulation: BaFin zeigt kompletten VW-Vorstand an - SPIEGEL ONLINE
German watchdog Bafin filed complaint against whole VW board - source

VW will has a very big financial challange ahead anyway with CARB penatlies, compensating counties on their clean air incentives etc, etc. If VW then also sees lower sales and a case against it for market manipulation.

Could get tough to invest Billions in announced switch to EV's and their own GigaFactory.

• Informative
Reactions: DrJohnM and Lessmog
You know I've been telling people *not* to buy Teslas for the last year? This is because in this area new owners *can't get them serviced* at a reasonable price.

That is the exact opposite of what you must do to attract Tesla service centers to your area.

Until there is a significant number of Tesla cars in a geographical area, it would be foolish for Tesla Motors to pay for a service center and employees who would be twiddling their thumbs most of the time. The current plan of making a Tesla mechanic available for service at another firm’s facilities is prudent until more Tesla cars are in a particular area.

People living in less populated areas need to be patient. Tesla shareholders should understand, even if as Tesla car owners they have a conflicting agenda. If Tesla car owners would suggest purchase of Tesla cars to their neighbors, that could speed the arrival of service centers.

That is the exact opposite of what you must do to attract Tesla service centers to your area.

Until there is a significant number of Tesla cars in a geographical area, it would be foolish for Tesla Motors to pay for a service center and employees who would be twiddling their thumbs most of the time. The current plan of making a Tesla mechanic available for service at another firm’s facilities is prudent until more Tesla cars are in a particular area.

People living in less populated areas need to be patient. Tesla shareholders should understand, even if as Tesla car owners they have a conflicting agenda. If Tesla car owners would suggest purchase of Tesla cars to their neighbors, that could speed the arrival of service centers.

And this is exactly how Tesla handled the Supercharger build out; build where there are the most sales.

And this is exactly how Tesla handled the Supercharger build out; build where there are the most sales.

Indeed. The situation was similar a century ago when horse transportation continued to prevail in rural areas. No one was going to build gas/service stations there until a sufficient number of local residents had vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. The economic efficiency of mechanical tractors got the ball rolling. Farmers spread the word to their neighbors. General stores started installing gas pumps. That led to farmers buying cars for personal transportation. Finally local entrepreneurs saw gas/service stations and car retail franchises (service centers) as potentially profitable businesses. Now the process is being repeated with electric cars and their requirements.

• Informative
Reactions: gene
Tesla’s stock (TSLA) is rising following reported analyst meeting with management on production

Tesla’s stock price (TSLA) is up over 3% following a new note by RBC analyst Joseph Spak to clients this morning. The analyst recently visited Tesla’s Fremont Factory and met with the management. He came out of the meeting with the impression that Tesla is confident that it can ramp up Model 3 production quickly, which is essential to the company short- to mid-term goals.

It looks like analysts aren't so convinced that they can meet their production goals, especially since history indicates they keep missing. Let's see how this gigafactory plays out Tesla Motors (TSLA) Analyst Ratings | TipRanks

It looks like analysts aren't so convinced that they can meet their production goals, especially since history indicates they keep missing. Let's see how this gigafactory plays out Tesla Motors (TSLA) Analyst Ratings | TipRanks

So far what I gather from that link is 170 is a strong buy and 348 is a strong sell. I concur.

cant wait for this sideways movement to end. so boring.

While i watch AMD go on a tear the last couple weeks.

yeah but they sell lottery tickets.

More generally, gas pumps are now seen at convenience stores (general stores a century ago) in hopes that drivers will buy not only lottery tickets but also other items in the store. Those non-gas purchases are indeed more profitable.

Similarly, electric car charging stations are being installed at an ever growing number of retail businesses to attract customers to their more profitable products and services. This process begins in metropolitan communities and should eventually spread to rural areas, as was the case with the supporting necessities for internal combustion engines.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchJi
but charging stations are not necessary. since people are supposed to charge at home. so unlike ICE where number of cars has direct correlation with gas pump stations, charging station demand does not necessarily scale the same way.

And until charging stations are widely adopted, the marketable audience for EV is limited to those who own a house.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
but charging stations are not necessary. since people are supposed to charge at home. so unlike ICE where number of cars has direct correlation with gas pump stations, charging station demand does not necessarily scale the same way.

And until charging stations are widely adopted, the marketable audience for EV is limited to those who own a house.

Seemingly good points, nevertheless your two paragraphs appear to contradict each other. I am in the process of leaving an apartment with no access to car charging outlets in our public garage, and will move next month to a home I am having built with a garage and a charging outlet.

A reminder that the current discussion began in regard to the need for service centers, not charging stations. Colletimj reminded us of the similarities.

Reactions: MikeC and Drax7
I feel like I just got lawyered. haha fair enough. im just playing devils advocate anyway. I know things will work out eventually with all this demand for EV and all.

Regarding the service centers. Is it possible for Tesla to sponsor an EV program or something to certify existing shops owners to handle EV. How can 3rd party support come into the fold?

Reactions: MikeC
Status
Not open for further replies.