Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most serious competitor seems to be VW, at-least if one should go by rumors and PR statements. BMW probably realized they can't compete with Model 3 without betting and restructuring the company.

So roll over and die? What an odd choice, but okay. Who's next?
I think that they can't get batteries cheaply enough to build competitive BEV's. That's why they have focused on PHEV's and worked so hard to reduce the weight of the i3.

Reactions: dakh
It is just the beginning of analyst upgrades. It looks like walstreet now wants short squeeze, easy way to meet their annual performance goal in a few days. who better than TSLA in that regard?

My predictions:
1) Adam Jonas of MS will be next with $450+ target
2) GS will upgrade a notch up and revise target to $300+

And more...

This is your last post on the forum. It has absolutely no connection to the issues my posts, the ones you disliked, were raising which is that Tesla's weak link, their Achille's heel if you will, is their public communications.

If you're going to dislike 3 posts of mine on this topic in short order you ought to also make a post of your own explaining why it is that my assessment of this is wrong and what it is that supports your view.

Last edited:
I think that they can't get batteries cheaply enough to build competitive BEV's. That's why they have focused on PHEV's and worked so hard to reduce the weight of the i3.

That's a part of it but I think there is more. It is very risky and hard for them at this point to compete with Model 3 even if they could get cheap batteries in volumes.

i3 and Leaf would be prized lower if they estimated they could sell 1M+ of them during their life time which Tesla is convinced they can do with Model 3. So BMW and Nissan now have to plan for similar volumes without knowing if they can sell them which is a big financial risk. The exact same thing is happening with Bolt. In BMW's case it is also a very big brand risk as they have been one of the technology leaders with the ICE drive-trains. I personally don't think BMW is giving up on BEV, but they realize i3 can't compete and they need to develop new platforms.

Leaf sales down 50% yoy in US and now this BMW news is very important news. It validates what some of us have been saying here for a while (I have never read it at some other source) that there is no way ICE manufacturers can just gradually ease into BEV, at one point they have to bet the company and hence a much worse risk reward ratio for their product line and investment than they have now, or they will slowly die. Both options should mean lower share price which has already happened as P/E has gone down to low levels.

Hyundai also seems to be gearing up a little but it seems it is a similar thing as what BMW did with i, GM with Bolt and Nissan with Leaf. All have been proven invalid by Model 3 and those programs will be making losses.

It remains to be seen what VW/Audi/Porsche will do.

This is your last post on the forum. It has absolutely no connection to the issues my posts, the ones you disliked, was raising which is that Tesla's weak link, its Achilles heel of you will, is their public communications.

If you're going to dislike 3 posts of mine on this topic in short order you ought to also make a post of your own explaining why it is that my assessment of this is wrong and what it is that supports your view.

Dude! Chill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.