Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldman of course knew about the capital raise when they upgraded from hold to buy today. It seems the purpose of that upgrade was to nudge the SP up to where the capital raise took place. Goldman also alluded to continuing concerns about Model X ramp, which indicates to me that they are reserving a price upgrade for the future (perhaps near future). I cannot believe that Goldman is unaware of the Model X production line improvements over the past 2 weeks.

Edit: I would take trading around 208.81 (LeBeau's back-of-the-napkin figure) as showing the market is neutral about the capital raise. Trading around 211 shows some positive sentiment, to me.

How is the ramp derisked? Slower is more likely to meet goals.

What is derisked is the acquiring the capital at a later date. Perhaps that is what you mean. The next six quarters could be great, or could be terrible. With capital secured, it doesn't much matter.

Capital was need to make the ramp happen. This part has been taken out of the equation. Johan isn't claiming that there is not risk, just that this piece of risk has now been pushed aside.

LOL - CNBC "Calling Out" Goldman Sachs for upgrading TSLA this morning and then underwriting a financing round this afternoon.

I just want some crumbs. I'll take some crumbs falling from the good ole boys' overflowing coffers please...

From the world of made up news:

When confronted with the allegations mr. Archambault admitted that "yes, he may have overheard part of a telephone conversation held by one of his colleagues in the banking department", but went on to explain that "the idea of letting this information influence his analyst coverage of Tesla is farfetched". He also strongly opposed any allegations of him colluding with the banking branch of Goldman Sachs saying "it would be immoral, just plain wrong".

image.jpeg

Goldman of course knew about the capital raise when they upgraded from hold to buy today. It seems the purpose of that upgrade was to nudge the SP up to where the capital raise took place. Goldman also alluded to continuing concerns about Model X ramp, which indicates to me that they are reserving a price upgrade for the future (perhaps near future). I cannot believe that Goldman is unaware of the Model X production line improvements over the past 2 weeks.

Edit: I would take trading around 208.81 (LeBeau's back-of-the-napkin figure) as showing the market is neutral about the capital raise. Trading around 211 shows some positive sentiment, to me.

Last time this happened in August, someone mentioned this great wall of China that exists between the investment division and the research division of the same organization. Is that no longer needed? The Goldman upgrade today right before raising capital seems like an open and complete disregard of any such requirement. Oh well. The financial organizations need to earn their fat commissions from someone.

So, today's volume was 4,979,191 shares. Does that mean, these new shares (nearly 10 million) are not sold yet?

I'll take it a step further. Goldman knows about the improvements in Model X ramping, and their salesmen likely used this knowledge in selling the equity raise. Wouldn't you be more likely to buy in if you knew that good news was on the way soon for the product you were buying?

So for a potential big investor who wants in on a big stock position buying this secondary at a fixed price would be a good idea, rather than buying shares on the open market and "risking" sparking a rally while trying to build a large position?

Yeah, you are 100% sure to get front run if you are a big player

Heck, I got front run today afterhours. 3 times and with market orders. And I am not even a big player.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
For Elon: About $250 Million to charity and a net gain of 1.5 million shares by my account.

5.5 million shares via options exercised - 2.77 million shares sold for taxes - 1.2 million shares to charity = a net gain of 1.5 million shares.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for dilution, only the 6.8 million shares are dilutive. Elon is selling already issued shares he owns and getting shares already accounted for in executive compensation. About a 5% dilution for $2.5 Billion cash cushion that should all be available for ramp as S & X & Energy should make Tesla cash flow positive going forward and some investment in Model III (Painting, Stamping) already complete and paid forward.

I think this is net positive.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and FredTMC
Status
Not open for further replies.