Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to read history of ice cream and how Americans added air to make it light. My daughter travels a lot in Europe and reports how much better ice cream is there without the air. Perhaps smaller containers means less air?

You can buy the good stuff even in American grocery stores it will just cost a you a premium.

Hear in LA we have ultra premium shops like Cold Stone Creamery.

16238549920_fe63f20661_z.jpg

DSCN4568-800x600.jpg

is it my imagination or are the posts getting longer and longer. Not pointing fingers and I am sure that everyone has valuable opinions but frankly I find myself skipping many which are way too long to read. I think posters who can express their opinions with more brief texts will be moe effective communicators. Unless there is a contest going on for the longest post. If there is I would love to compete. Let me know the prize

+1 if your post is long and relevant to short term stock price, please give us a tl;dr (especially if your post is an ad hominem rebuttal - I'm not going to take away your right to defend your opinions or dispute the other's choice of facts, but some of us have the ability to read multiple points of view and make up our own minds, we don't need to watch the debate spiral down into a deadly embrace)
deadly embrace2.jpg

Last edited:
OK, we've covered American Ice Cream and post lengths. How about some comment on the snowstorm next?

Back on topic, TSLA hopefully improves its customer communication going forward or the upcoming events like the Q4 ER and the Model 3 reveal are going to be overshadowed by all the complaints and articles about clueless customer service. Why does this hi-technology company have no means of tracking a vehicle's status other than rare vague statements that say nothing? This is going to be a disaster when they really start ramping up especially for the Model 3. I know that is 2 or 3 years off, but it's been months since they started production of the X and they still can't tell people what is going on with their cars.

No, the smaller packages are just to maintain the same price and deliver less product. It is a hidden price increase. Tuna used to be sold in 7 ounce tins and then was reduced by 1/4 ounce at a time until it is only 5 ounces. But the price is the same. It is going on everywhere.

The ice cream in Europe isn't ice cream. It is gelato or custard. And the price is pretty shocking at stands, especially in Paris. But you can always do as one does here and buy it in the stores. The difference between here and Europe is that what you get in the store is pretty close to being the same as what you buy at the stand.

So, um...is there an ice cream, gelato or custard stock we should consider investing in? Or have you heard rumors of Tesla putting electric ice cream machines in the up coming Model 3?

- - - Updated - - -

... we don't need to watch the debate spiral down into a deadly embrace)

I'm actually down for that, especially if there's a car chase and/or explosives involved.

Last edited:
Tesla Model X P90D Review - Part I (4K) - YouTube

Judging from all the features in the X, Tesla will have a very good year.
Nice review.

The next one that Youtube proposed right after it was even more interesting, to me at least. It's about the P90D reviewed by a self-confessed petrolhead in Germany for his Youtube car-reviews channel (he has tons of reviews for German performance cars). Rather than showing the 0-60 launches or autopilot features like most Youtube reviews do, he takes the car through its paces from the perspective of a German driver. He comes away very impressed.

You can also tell from the comments that anti-Tesla trolls are getting push-back from a much more informed audience than in the past (which was a bit of a surprise given the particular audience of this channel).

Good review to send to slightly skeptical friends on the fence.

Back on topic, TSLA hopefully improves its customer communication going forward or the upcoming events like the Q4 ER and the Model 3 reveal are going to be overshadowed by all the complaints and articles about clueless customer service. Why does this hi-technology company have no means of tracking a vehicle's status other than rare vague statements that say nothing? This is going to be a disaster when they really start ramping up especially for the Model 3. I know that is 2 or 3 years off, but it's been months since they started production of the X and they still can't tell people what is going on with their cars.

This is an interesting topic and it's been brought up a number of times before. Honestly, I don't think the communication thingy will affect Model 3 at all. First of all, there will always be people who complain simply because they like being negative and making everyone else around them as miserable as they are. Some of the complainers fall into that category. (If the shoe doesn't fit, don't try and jam it on your foot.)

But for discussion's sake let's pretend the customer is always gracious, reasonable, positive and right. And let's pretend Tesla doesn't improve in this area (and frankly what are the odds considering it's been a complaint for a number of years?). As a comparison, people have complained about dealerships for decades, but they still buy cars from dealerships by the truckload. They've complained about mechanics ripping them off, but they still take their cars in to be fixed hoping they'll get one of the honest ones. They've complained about politicians being corrupt, but people still choose to vote even when their choice is bad and really bad. They complain about Tesla communication, but they love the car and often really like Tesla employees so they keep buying. I could go on and on and on. Point being, people adapt, they give concessions, and sometimes they just grin and bear it. It's part of life - accepting that nothing and nobody is ever perfect and *we* always think *they* should do a better job, because surely *we* could do a better job and *we* expect it but interestingly rarely get it.

Companies are groups of people and people aren't perfect. Tesla is a car company in Silicon Valley. WTH?! That gives it both strengths and weakness, advantages and disadvantages. The company culture and the general personalities and traits (and median age?) of the employees is quite different than a century old car company in Detroit. Additionally, the world is going through a big communication transition because of the Internet, social media, cellphones/texting etc... I just saw a FB posting today that basically suggested we're headed back to the days of hieroglyphics for communication.

Most ice cream in usa is crap whether you buy it in the store or at a stand.

Turkey hill all natural (in the black package) is the only real ice cream sold at a decent price around here.

This is rather a bearish take on American ice cream, but I support your right to hold this viewpoint. In the future, could you please provide a line of logic or verifiable evidence to support your claim?

I just hope no one leave the forum permanently over this heated debate, especially since we all know what happens to ice cream when it it heated.

This is rather a bearish take on American ice cream, but I support your right to hold this viewpoint. In the future, could you please provide a line of logic or verifiable evidence to support your claim?

I just hope no one leave the forum permanently over this heated debate, especially since we all know what happens to ice cream when it it heated.

Agreed! And now I feel I must apologize since I think my last post was too long.

I apologize for utilizing an analogy that steered the thread slightly off course. The container should be empty by now. Let the dog lick it.

As to the comments about poor communication, people and companies don't change unless it is a necessity for survival, or maybe they see the light and feel motivated. In the case of Tesla, good or bad, the company probably doesn't see that their communications have affected the company negatively. When it does, and it becomes clear changes are required, I am sure they will recognize the need to put in place the structure and personnel to address those concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.