Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor,
I assume you reported me for posting the unfettered truths. You have deleted 4 of my posts containing material information or argument, for 'inappropriate behavior', while at the same time turning a blind eye to all the insults hurled upon myself and other people holding a different view than yours. And you yourself, being a mod, have happily engaged in such insulting behavior. Certainly shows your immaturity at your age.

I suggest users report 'Intl Professor' as unsuitable for his duty as a moderator. A moderator should be impartial, and moderate, and even protect the underdogs. But here we have a person who frequently posts irrelevant, and sometime inappropriate messages (including lurid description of his various bodily functions). Making this forum an echo chamber of kool-aid drinkers can potentially cause major losses for some gullible investors.
I reported you for insulting our moderator as immature. Go away troll.

1, Do not feed the trolls
2, The ignore button is a wonderful function of the forum

On topic... I love the price action, still it seems a little weird to me one man's comment had a bigger effect than all the positive catalysts of the past months, including M3, X being on track, most analysts sticking to their positive outlook and price targets.

Oh well, the markets need to take their lithium pills more often.

After seeing the action in the X May and June delivery threads and listening to Elon and JB spending 3+ hours entertaining us with a trip down memory lane, and Elon just generally appearing to be rested, relaxed and showing what appears to be "a life" outside work on the factory floor: Q2 numbers are in the bag.

Last edited:
I'll just replay the future for you guys so we can all prepare our arguments.

FCF positive. Depending on whether or not they are going to use non gaap FCF that will include the capital raise. If they do. Non gaap FCF will surprise to the positive.

The stocks jump on open due to the initial surprise

Then seeking alpha will come out with walls of articles blasting Elon on including the capital raise as cash flow. These will be prewritten and posted on seeking alpha around 10 AM. Then zero hedge will come out with an article showing how TSLA is a ponzi scheme because of this around noon time. Calling for SEC crack down on new unicorn financing from silicon valley.

TSLA stocks drop around noon.

Elon then come out after close and fess up about how he shouldn't have done it that way on twitter. Then says: Non gaap income without the capital raise is $710 707

And the world died of laughter.

P100D here we go?

Also I know Jason (wk057) posted another hash after the first one, this time salted so that no-one could figure it out in advance, just to datestamp a discovery he made in the firmware. Maybe he can share the content after this announcement?

If TM listened to many of us the announcement will be the P100D but also include that the '90' Xs can be increased to the 100 by a software update (yeah..probably not, but one can hope)

Interesting to see how this apparent tailwind and the macro headwind will mix to produce the SP of TSLA

Futures lower as data, Draghi eyed

edit: I wonder why TM did not announce this earlier before the cap raise as it probably would have made for a pop in price and more $ from the secondary?

1, Do not feed the trolls
2, The ignore button is a wonderful function of the forum

3. If you must feed your troll-for-trolling habit (and we all applaud your passion and zeal for truth, and you do pick them up sooner than I do with my quick catch-up scans of this forum) and really can't bring yourself to ignore rule #1, please include @<troll-name> or a small snippet of what set you off (helpful if the humor of your retort is lost without the context) so those of us who have found the serenity and joy of rule #2 can add new trolls to our ignore list and can more easily avoid the dreaded "show ignored content"

Thanks in advance - and, btw, appreciate the on-topic and respectful dialog from everyone on the short-term stock movements (it sucks when one of y'all gets your self banned... for ALL of us!!)

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd already done that? Just like supercharging capability and autopilot? and how the 40s can be 60s with a paid order? Hello CFP :)

Yes. This is what I have been hoping for as it would cut down on the 'I just missed the newest upgrade'. Yes, it would be more expensive to use 100s and sell them as 90s but I bet lots of people would pay for the software upgrade to turn on the extra '10'

I couldn't help myself. Looks like Elon has the X under control, is handling media questions well and the stock is bullish. I am officially a raging bull again. Shares purchased. Told you I was gone forever but felt the need to resurface. I am also not concerned at all with macro at the moment. Good luck Bulls.

Next time don't insist you are right.

Leaves me wondering if the run up from the last two days was really due to Baron interview only. According to Dutch sources, media already has the information but is under embargo so a premature leak to selected sources is possible.

Doubtful. Incremental product improvements never seem to affect Tesla stock much, but analysts' opinions always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.