Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite pleased we closed above the 50 day MA.

I see what you did there- with the Lemonade reference. I seriously think we could touch intraday high of 198 we haven't seen since start of February. Man if I had only listened to my gut and not told my wife about averaging down when we were at 145! AHHHH!

Definitely one of the perks of single life. I can't be doing the type of stuff I've been doing over the past several months forever.

I watched the video of Andrew Left. He looked like a used car salesman and I swear he started blinking and his eyes shifted left to right when he was lying!

IMO arrogant [mod deleted] is the perfect way to sum him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
march3_char.JPG

we closed above the 50 MA, barely.

HOD. Definitely some of short covering.

Just wait til Google (Alpha Bet) announces a minority stake in TSLA. It'll be a short bloodbath
dont be surprised when it happens.

The shorts are so vulnerable now that the exact nature of the catalyst almost does not matter. At this juncture just about anything can light the touch paper under this stock and Citron crying wolf of Twitter before making a fool of themselves on National TV with nothing to back it up will have done nothing to calm oversold shorter's nerves. I would say the risk of missing a double digit break out is now the most significant near term trading risk.

Regarding Model X deliveries, the discussion today in the Model X threads is about 90D reservation holders who ordered the premium package and live in California being given VIN numbers and effectively moving ahead of many P90D res holders. My guess is that TSLA will be working to get these Model X vehicles delivered in March so that they fall in Q1. Looks like quite a few VIN numbers have been issued, so the potential is there to see a nice ramp-up of Model X in the weeks ahead.

All that come here frequently know that I like balance/conservative discussions when it comes to TSLA....BUT...This guy way a joke..very evasive. I am not 'short' TSLA but I could have given better answers....:wink:

I had just seen "the big short" and was recovering from a serious dose of Nyquil the night before I had taken to knock me out (I had a terrible head cold and needed to sleep) when the "Citron" tween came out announcing their short position based on "Supply AND Demand" issues.
The result was sort of a weird outer-body experience when I was taking a nap (under the influence of the Nyquil still I think from the night before) right afterwards where I had a very vivid dream that went like this:
The Mark Spiegl was guy getting desperate to do everything he possibly can to make the TSLA stock price go down, sort of like the Grinch who stole Christmas...he comes up with the idea to get an appt with the Citron people at their secret lair (like the "King of shorts" after their recent success and publicity) and presents his short research report to Andrew Left very convincingly and emphatically on why he needs to Short TSLA and announce it to the world right then, in return Mr. Spitznagel offered up his entire research report that Citron could use and re-brand as their own research in TSLA...from his thrown, Andrew Left calls over one of his short henchman and whispers "short 10k shares of TSLA now and start verifying this gentleman's research proposal on the TSLA short case so we can vet it and put it out as our detailed report" ... and at that moment Mr. left picks up his 'Blackberry' with a smirk and puts out that "Supply AND Demand" tweet....flash forward to the next morning and the henchman is still having trouble verifying all the details(beyond the headlines) of supporting evidence in Mr. Spitznagel's extensive but hollow short thesis research report...
At that point Mr. Left realizes he could be in trouble but has too much pride to admit his mistake hoping that his henchman can come up with some better short thesis (newsflow???) and he still goes on CNBC to regurgitate this very vague reasoning he gave as to why to short TSLA hoping it would make all of his Short followers pile in.

Last edited:
That would be a rounding error on Google balance sheet.

I can't really see why Google would buy a load of Model 3 unless it was for some kind of a staff perk and in any case I would hope and expect that Tesla will not allow very large blocks of fleet-sized M3 reservations unless they are fully prepaid or otherwise essentially firm orders with guarantees of payment on delivery. To my mind the default figure of merit will be unique end consumer deposits, unless of course any very large blocks of reservations are in fact firm orders. I don't want to see numbers like 400,000 reservations (Yay!) of which Google, Uber, Hertz and a bunch of NADA car dealerships aka scalpers reserved 350,000 units for a fully refundable $1000 per unit (Oh!). That would not be equally cool.

Tesla could always change their small text at the bottom to specify that an order of more than 10 cars will be non-refundable :)

I can't really see why Google would buy a load of Model 3 unless it was for some kind of a staff perk and in any case I would hope and expect that Tesla will not allow very large blocks of fleet-sized M3 reservations unless they are fully prepaid or otherwise essentially firm orders with guarantees of payment on delivery. To my mind the default figure of merit will be unique end consumer deposits, unless of course any very large blocks of reservations are in fact firm orders. I don't want to see numbers like 400,000 reservations (Yay!) of which Google, Uber, Hertz and a bunch of NADA car dealerships aka scalpers reserved 350,000 units for a fully refundable $1000 per unit (Oh!). That would not be equally cool.

I had just seen "the big short" and was recovering from a serious dose of Nyquil the night before I had taken to knock me out (I had a terrible head cold and needed to sleep) when the "Citron" tween came out announcing their short position based on "Supply AND Demand" issues.
The result was sort of a weird outer-body experience when I was taking a nap (under the influence of the Nyquil still I think from the night before) right afterwards where I had a very vivid dream that went like this:
The Mark Spitznagel was guy getting desperate to do everything he possibly can to make the TSLA stock price go down...he comes up with the idea to get an appt with the Citron people (like the "King of shorts" after their recent success and publicity) and presents his short research report to Andrew Left very convincingly and emphatically on why he needs to Short TSLA and announce it to the world right then, in return Mr. Spitznagel offered up his entire research report that Citron could use and re-brand as their own research in TSLA...from his thrown, Andrew Left calls over one of his short henchman and whispers "short 10k shares of TSLA now and start verifying this gentleman's research proposal on the TSLA short case so we can vet it and put it out as our detailed report" ... and at that moment Mr. left picks up his 'Blackberry' with a smirk and puts out that "Supply AND Demand" tweet....flash forward to the next morning and the henchman is still having trouble verifying all the details(beyond the headlines) of supporting evidence in Mr. Spitznagel's extensive but hollow short thesis research report...
At that point Mr. Left realizes he could be in trouble but has too much pride to admit his mistake hoping that his henchman can come up with some better short thesis (newsflow???) and he still goes on CNBC to regurgitate this very vague reasoning he gave as to why to short TSLA hoping it would make all of his Short followers pile in.

Great dream man! And probably not too far from reality. I think the other guy's name is Mark Spiegl though. It must be either this or mr. "King of short" going by his gut. Reminds me of when Steven Colbert roasted Bush Jr. as president at the annual press dinner (classic) and kept piling on about how Bush always likes to go by his gut (ignoring facts of course).

We go straight from the gut—right, sir? That’s where the truth lies, right down here in the gut. Do you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head? You can look it up. I know some of you are going to say ‘I did look it up, and that’s not true.’ That’s ‘cause you looked it up in a book. “Next time, look it up in your gut. I did. My gut tells me that’s how our nervous system works. Every night on my show, the Colbert Report, I speak straight from the gut, OK? I give people the truth, unfiltered by rational argument. I call it the ‘No Fact Zone.’ Fox News, I hold a copyright on that term.

Great dream man! And probably not too far from reality. I think the other guy's name is Mark Spiegl though. It must be either this or mr. "King of short" going by his gut. Reminds me of when Steven Colbert roasted Bush Jr. as president at the annual press dinner (classic) and kept piling on about how Bush always likes to go by his gut (ignoring facts of course).

We go straight from the gut—right, sir? That’s where the truth lies, right down here in the gut. Do you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head? You can look it up. I know some of you are going to say ‘I did look it up, and that’s not true.’ That’s ‘cause you looked it up in a book. “Next time, look it up in your gut. I did. My gut tells me that’s how our nervous system works. Every night on my show, the Colbert Report, I speak straight from the gut, OK? I give people the truth, unfiltered by rational argument. I call it the ‘No Fact Zone.’ Fox News, I hold a copyright on that term.

your right on the name...i've updated/corrected it.
That's a funny roast...Colbert is great! I'm guilty of trading TSLA by the gut (and now Nyquil induced dreams), especially when it comes to how to play the Shorts who have funded my S and X and hopefully my early retirement soon as well if my latest gut thesis pans out over the coming 6-18 months.

"Today’s Washington Post has an article touting a mathematical technique called the “Hawkes Process” for correlating terrorist attacks. Apparently, like seismic waves for which it is used, there is a mimic-like effect at first and then recurrences attenuate with time. It struck me some of you nerdy types would know if these equations are used in technical analysis of stocks. Please advise if you have the time."

I got my answer through Google. Sorry to break the flow of the thread. But this is vaguely related to the "Big Short" discussion. There are a lot of references to the "Hawkes Process" and finance. I wouldn’t be surprised if that doesn’t lead to the algorithms used by fast trading brokers. They are able to gather and initiate “shocks” to the market with massive information at their beck and call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.