Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is somewhat funny, that Elon does not know something, that every other person, who is interested about Tesla knows..

But I understand it as he has two public companies and one private company (with urgent issues) to take care of.

Yeah, but he knows a ton more about Tesla that we don't know. And about much more important stuff.

Reactions: landis
Not the first time this question gets asked. From the latest S 4-A page 13 :

That would be call options, I guess. Puts, I don't know.
Thanks yeah I was talking about call options (not executive/vested options). Is it normal to interpret that statement as applying to calls/puts as well? I remember bringing this up a while ago and I think some were thinking they just become worthless, and someone was saying they turn into weird fractional calls where 1 scty call would turn into .11 tsla calls. This would be nice to know for since 2019 scty calls are looking pretty discounted and they aren't even available yet for tsla.

Man, what kind of shenanigans is going on with the SP. Exact same pattern as the end of last month.

Thurs Sep 1st Close Price: 200.77
Today's Close Price: 200.70

On Wed Aug 31, the SP took a dive down from 212. Just like yesterday's dive down from 208.

If it's anything like the end of last month, we'll finish at 197 tomorrow. Just like last month, my vertical put strikes are at 200 so it's just low enough to screw me over.

This stock is like a heat seeking missle where it closes on the stock price that'll completely mess me up even when the whole month looked like it was going to expire with room to spare.

Doesn't matter. The GPL is viral, see clause 6. If the kernel was really NVidia provided, then both NVidia and Tesla seperately have to comply. In fact, if you as a person sold your Tesla to someone else, you'd be bound to the same terms as well and offer a way for the buyer to get the source code as well.
Quite true. Looked into this and they do appear to be in violation of the GPL. Haven't contributed to a linux kernel since the end of the last millennium so my recollection was a bit fuzzy and my contribution was a worthless hack of a real time process scheduler that didn't work. No idea if they based off a debian distribution but it looks like some old ubuntu 10 distro many be the basis. They really should put out the source for the distro now that they have signing for all critical code I can't see why they shouldn't after version 8 is released world wide. This feels like a question that should be aimed at JB not Elon. Next time he is at a shareholder meeting maybe some one should mention it before someone releases the Software Freedom Law Center on the issue. Not likely to lead to damages just compliance.

I found today a bit less than funny.

Well grats to whoever has spare money laying around.

Hopefully, the market rebounds tomorrow + Friday bump + delivery number hype will bring us back up where we were or higher.
Should always have some money laying around. I try not to be all in unless we are way south of 180s...

I have learn never sell/buy all at once.

Impressive, shorts really hammering high volume into the close today and got some nice macro tailwinds to help them out.

This could be related to whoever bought a massive number of October 7 puts at the asked price yesterday: 1000 puts at the 197.5 strike price and 1000 puts at the 200 strike price. Coordinated dissemination of FUD could make a lot of money for any short sellers in the loop and cooperating bloggers, if the puts end up in the money and the resulting profits are shared.

This could be related to whoever bought a massive number of October 7 puts at the asked price yesterday: 1000 puts at the 197.5 strike price and 1000 puts at the 200 strike price. Coordinated dissemination of FUD could make a lot of money for any short sellers in the loop and cooperating bloggers, if the puts end up in the money and the resulting profits are shared.
Then use proceeds to fund more FUD bloggers. Repeat.

Reactions: madodel
Man, this thread sure goes off into the weeds doesn't it? I understand the impulse to look for clues about Tesla's operations as it might inform stock price, but worrying about paint shop capacity and GPL licenses is ridiculous. Yeah, paint shop capacity is important, but you have to believe that Tesla manufacturing is at least minimally competent. I mean they DO pump out a lot of complex cars every day, right? There are thousands of things they have do right to increase production to 500K cars, permitting/engineering the paint shop just being one of them. It isn't worth any non-employee's time to dig into these issues, as there are hundreds of Tesla employees looking after them on a full time basis.

Rather than chase down every little issue, you need to look at the big picture. Has Tesla delivered in the past? Yes, with time delays. Expect more of the same in the future.

Hit pieces like the one that questioned paint shop capacity aren't even worth the time to read and rebut. And anyone that invests based on them deserves everything coming their way.

Man, this thread sure goes off into the weeds doesn't it? I understand the impulse to look for clues about Tesla's operations as it might inform stock price, but worrying about paint shop capacity and GPL licenses is ridiculous. Yeah, paint shop capacity is important, but you have to believe that Tesla manufacturing is at least minimally competent. I mean they DO pump out a lot of complex cars every day, right? There are thousands of things they have do right to increase production to 500K cars, permitting/engineering the paint shop just being one of them. It isn't worth any non-employee's time to dig into these issues, as there are hundreds of Tesla employees looking after them on a full time basis.

Rather than chase down every little issue, you need to look at the big picture. Has Tesla delivered in the past? Yes, with time delays. Expect more of the same in the future.

Hit pieces like the one that questioned paint shop capacity aren't even worth the time to read and rebut. And anyone that invests based on them deserves everything coming their way.
TM builds cars, and i'm confident they know how to do it. Analysts do not build cars, that is why there is panic.

Reactions: Ulmo
Quite true. Looked into this and they do appear to be in violation of the GPL. Haven't contributed to a linux kernel since the end of the last millennium so my recollection was a bit fuzzy and my contribution was a worthless hack of a real time process scheduler that didn't work. No idea if they based off a debian distribution but it looks like some old ubuntu 10 distro many be the basis. They really should put out the source for the distro now that they have signing for all critical code I can't see why they shouldn't after version 8 is released world wide. This feels like a question that should be aimed at JB not Elon. Next time he is at a shareholder meeting maybe some one should mention it before someone releases the Software Freedom Law Center on the issue. Not likely to lead to damages just compliance.

There's one TMC member who's been on this particular soapbox for at least 3 years or so. Do a search, see if you think it's a big deal (most of didn't), and forget about it as a problem.

September 23rd has now been set at the record date. Is there an SEC rule that says the minimum number of days after the record date a special shareholders meeting for the purpose of a vote can be held?

I think the date will be announced tomorrow and the vote will take place during the middle of next week, possibly on Friday.

There is way too much BS being spread around about the merger, and in my view, the vote needs to happen soon to shut up the trigger happy lawyers and pundits who are spreading lies and insane views about the merger.

Does anyone honestly believe the merger has no logical rational and the primary reason it is being done is to prevent SolarCity from going bankrupt? Can Elon sue a law firm for spreading lies about Tesla and making outrageous and baseless allegations about Elon's motivation for supporting the merger?

Obviously Elon is lying about Tesla having a new product that will surprise all the nay sayers and will prove that the merger makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Obviously SolarCity is in the process of reshuffling its operations to prepare for the merger for lols, and has no confidence that the merger will be approved. :rolleyes:

Obviously Elon is lying when he says the majority of shareholders who know what they are investing in support the merger. He must also have lied in the SEC filing that outlines the DD procedures that took place and the insiders and independent groups that support the merger. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.