Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you try and sell those before expiry tomorrow or will you convert to stock if ITM?

It almost seems like a no brainer - sell 9/2 $200 puts (currently trading around $1/contract) and let them expire worthless tomorrow... This assumes we hold $200...

Mike
I will put in a sell order tomorrow, hope it takes. So much fear today this morning and, judging by the trickling volume now, hope the lull will convince some to buy in.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Thanks - how do these compare to Q1 and Q2 of this year? Trying to get a handle on how much intl deliveries have picked up compared to earlier 2016.
May 2016 was 156 Model S. February 2016 was 113 Model S.

338 combined Model S/X in Norway is pretty good.

(Doesn't seem to be slowing down, either. 9 Model X and 6 Model S today. 15 per day for 30 days means 450 for September.)

Last edited:
Inside EVs reports their estimates on Tesla's delivery numbers in US only. So, they did a pretty good job in Q4 2015 given US has been around 50% of global for quite some time.
I'm not knocking InsideEVs - I'm actually taking them more seriously these days - I'm just trying to estimate that non-US factor. I don't really mean their numbers are "off." The point was that the non-US deliveries were high in Q4 2015 and probably at their lowest point in early 2016, and the InsideEV "off" percentage reflects that. The question is now how much have intl deliveries bounced back in 2016 such that the InsideEVs numbers start getting further from actual deliveries? To me, this is the crucial question for estimating Q3 deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: stealthology
I'm not knocking InsideEVs - I'm actually taking them more seriously these days - I'm just trying to estimate that non-US factor. I don't really mean their numbers are "off." The point was that the non-US deliveries were high in Q4 2015 and probably at their lowest point in early 2016, and the InsideEV "off" percentage reflects that. The question is now how much have intl deliveries bounced back in 2016 such that the InsideEVs numbers start getting further from actual deliveries? To me, this is the crucial question for estimating Q3 deliveries.

Another factor is tesla had over 5k cars "in transit" to customers at the end of Q2.
Assuming most of these cars were on boats to international markets, then non-U.S. Deliveries will see some boost as a result for Q3.

I doubt tesla will have 5k cars in transit again in Q3. Tesla explained during their Q2 deliveries announcement that production ramped in June and it was too late to get these cars delivered by end of Q2.

I think Tesla has already put nearly all cars on boats already for overseas deliveries. I'd expect cars being produced now at Fremont are mainly for US delivery.

I suggest anyone on here who is complaining about Elon or about the merger take a deep breadth and step away from their computer. Seriously. What is wrong with you people?

Side note : All of the information being reported on today was known yesterday morning. Also, the filing stated that the independent firm evaluating SolarCity OVERSTATED SolarCity's debt by around $400 million. The filing also says that both parties, after becoming aware of the double counting error, discussed the matter, and decided it wouldn't cause either party to change their offer. The aggreement was reached long after the error was discovered and addressed, as very clearly stated in the filing. This is a good thing for Tesla!

The amount of BS being published today is ludicrous.

I doubt tesla will have 5k cars in transit again in Q3.

Do you expect Tesla to be able to deliver most of the last couple of weeks of production almost straight away? I would have thought that even a lot of US deliveries would not make it it in time, let alone some international vehicles that will still be in transit (I know that Tesla tries to time most of these to arrive before the end of the quarter, but we can still expect to find that some are in transit). If production has ramped to almost 2200/week by the end of the quarter, then we should expect the number of in-transit cars to be generally higher in future than in the past, so a steady number in the vicinity of 5000 undelivered cars seems reasonable to me, and probably not much lower than around 4000.

Correct me if you think I am wrong. I assume Sep will do at least as good as Aug. So double the Aug number and add the July number, we get an estimate for Q3 in US: 12850.
Then again I assume US is 50% of the whole world (I heard China was not doing bad). Then we get an estimate 25700 for Q3.
Unless Aug is heavily added up by the "5000 on transit".

September will be better than August, but US is currently doing heavy lifting, more than 50%, as US is the only market where you get two year lease, and you get heavier discounts on demo cars than Canada for example.
Where that leaves us? I'd say 25K is optimistic, but I also think we're almost assured of more than 20K now. How much more?

Another factor is tesla had over 5k cars "in transit" to customers at the end of Q2.
Assuming most of these cars were on boats to international markets, then non-U.S. Deliveries will see some boost as a result for Q3.

I doubt tesla will have 5k cars in transit again in Q3. Tesla explained during their Q2 deliveries announcement that production ramped in June and it was too late to get these cars delivered by end of Q2.

I think Tesla has already put nearly all cars on boats already for overseas deliveries. I'd expect cars being produced now at Fremont are mainly for US delivery.
Why not? When they were around 1000/week production, they pretty consistently had more than 2000 in transit at the end of quarter. Now assuming they are at 2000/week or even more, without doubling service center/stores, why wouldn't there be more than 4000 in transit at the end of quarter?

But if you simply wait the number until Oct 3 or so, then everybody knows it just like you. And then you will be "buy on the news" with the already-went-up-SP. Does that make you earn money?

I could dismiss the repeated failures to execute, but now the the solar-city deal
aggravates the financing situation. Nonetheless, sustained sales above 24,000 units will offset most liquidity issues.

Moreover, If the firm will be worth a trillion as elon said, do you think i will still get a chance ?

• Disagree
Reactions: drinkerofkoolaid
Do you expect Tesla to be able to deliver most of the last couple of weeks of production almost straight away? I would have thought that even a lot of US deliveries would not make it it in time, let alone some international vehicles that will still be in transit (I know that Tesla tries to time most of these to arrive before the end of the quarter, but we can still expect to find that some are in transit). If production has ramped to almost 2200/week by the end of the quarter, then we should expect the number of in-transit cars to be generally higher in future than in the past, so a steady number in the vicinity of 5000 undelivered cars seems reasonable to me, and probably not much lower than around 4000.

Yes, I believe tesla will still optimize end of quarter deliveries such that the last cars off the production line are cars being picked up at the Fremont factory (zero transit time to customer).

I think your other point about higher production translating into more cars in transit is a valid point. It wouldn't surprise me if there are are a few thousand cars in transit at end of Q3. But, I certainly think tesla is going to try hard to maximize deliveries in Q3

As long as it's not a failed strut for the oxygen pressurization composite wrapped tank full of helium I am not worried. Pad looks fairly intact on the new photos.

Sold my position on armh and purchased a split of solar city and tesla with twice as much solar city. SC is low and I expect it to go through but cash flow could make for some risk so why not split the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.