Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned (finally) when we get euphoric and you can make some $ on a short term option take it: Sold 3/4 of my July calls; keeping Sept for possible continued good news. Be careful out there with short term calls. Remember we are almost 100% bulls here.

Analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, long-time bears on Tesla Motors Inc.TSLA, +2.74% raised their price target on the stock to $180 from $65, saying Tesla is "an important catalyst" for the car and electric-car industries. Its shares remain overvalued, however, which is reason to keep their rating unchanged at underperform, the analysts said.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...ly-tripled-at-b-of-a-merrill-lynch-2015-07-02

That's a massive jump for these Bears (I realize they are switching analysts but still ...). Does anyone know what the average PT of the all the analysts covering TSLA?

That's a massive jump for these Bears (I realize they are switching analysts but still ...). Does anyone know what the average PT of the all the analysts covering TSLA?

the average 12 month PT of 23 analyst covering TSLA (BBG only) is now: $286.00
so we are less than $12 away...having in mind that the stock price increased so quickly, this is crazy. Beautiful. Let's see what the future will bring:wink:

Attachments

• TSLA_ANR_07 02.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 622
LOL. He has a buy on Ford, GM, and Honda. Sell on Tesla.

Ooookkkayyy.

No doubt a hundred years ago there were analysts with buys on Standard Carriage and General Horse, and sell on Ford Motor.

And Ford just recalled 430k vehicled in North America due to a software bug that could leave a car running after the ignition is switched off.

TSLA seems to be hitting resistance at $275.

I think Jim Cramer is an honest man and will give credit when credit is due.

not sure if that was said sarcastically or literally. either way, this video has Jim Cramer himself directly telling all of us that he has used lying as a technique to try to manipulate stock prices.

Jim Cramer Explains How The Stock Market Is Manipulated - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

They must be spending a fortune right now. Cojones, or foolish? The market will be their judge!

I might be a buyer on this dip from the open.

I actually have a theory that a large chunk of the multi-year short position in Tesla is just a marketing expense of some massively wealthy oil nations, corporations, and individuals. In other words, being short 15% of Tesla since it was $30 until now would have cost about $5 billion. $5 billion over 3 years is a very small cost to these entities, and they may be betting that as part of a campaign (in addition to getting gibberish pumped out through the media) to dampen enthusiasm for Tesla and EVs for years it may have extraordinary gains in terms of incremental retained oil sales. This is all conjecture on circumstantial evidence, and could be totally wrong... but even with the surge in Tesla shares from ~$40 to $190 in the Spring and Summer of 2013, did the short position ever go below 20%?

From the Q4 letter, around 55k delivers for 2015, 40% in the in the first half of the year. First half actual deliveries were 21,552 so we are just 448 off through the first half of the year. I think we are good depending how the 4Q15 push goes.

Last edited:
Re John Lovallo, if he still works for BOA, I think that's quite suggestive that he's always simply been doing what BOA asked him to do... put out hit pieces on Tesla. Lovallo's name has been associated with a price target absurdly below all the other analysts, and in recent months his name has been associated with his TipRanks rating among the 30 or 50 lowest of roughly 6,000 to 7,000 analysts they track. In other words, if it's all been a BOA propaganda campaign, they burned out Lovallo's credibility with it, and moved him into other coverage, and placed Murphy as the primary covering analyst (he had already been on Tesla with Lovallo), as a fresh name to use to take shots at Tesla from a less obviously slanted $180 price target.

Status
Not open for further replies.