Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm whether the Fortune article got a detail correct or wrong? Their story says that the TM-Dahn agreement comes into effect in one year - until then, Dahn's previous contract with 3M remains.

Can anyone confirm whether the Fortune article got a detail correct or wrong? Their story says that the TM-Dahn agreement comes into effect in one year - until then, Dahn's previous contract with 3M remains.

Yes, the agreement with Tesla come into effect June 2016, seen in school news and elsewhere. Of course, it is not too soon for this team to start thinking about the specific problems Tesla needs to solve. Just framing the right questions can help researchers see new connections. As they finish their work for 3M perhaps they would be giving thought to how specific materials developed for 3M might apply to Tesla's situation. The difficulty they have had with 3M is that 3M was interested in creating new materials for battery makers, but not in making the batteries themselves. Thus, they could develop something promising, 3M would pitch it to clients, but if there were no takers, that would be the end of it. I suspect at this moment it would be well in 3M's interest fir the team to evaluate all those 3M materials for potential application to Tesla. This would open the possibility for 3M to become a supplier to Tesla. If something pans out, then both 3M and Tesla win. So we've chatted about silicon anodes. Let's see if any of these move the needle for Tesla.

Lol, I did the same thing! 240 strike 4 contracts sold break even at $11. That lucky SOB that bought them from me...

For once, I played a good move:I entered the week with 240 and 245 calls expiring friday, was in the red as I had been greedy and had kept them through the week-end, how stupid.... I decided on monday (as it was in the low 247...) to sell them at a loss and as I'm still bullish short term but not so sure about this week, I used the product of those sales for 2 things: majority would buy myself one more week, as I chose 250 26th June, and I "transformed" the 3 calls 240 into 11 calls 250 same expiry this friday, as lottery ticket. Break even with previous "strategy" was 255 roughly, and one more week to decide what to do. I was rewarded, for a change!

Now, crossing my fingers for today!

Are they for real? How do they do that magic of unbrickable LiIon?

it seems so. Swiss quality I'd say:cool:. However, they are more focused on battery storage for utilities and this is also interesting to know:

Alevo’s battery is based on a non-flammable, non-combustible 3rd generation lithium-ion technology with unique inorganic electrolyte chemistry that has demonstrated up to 10 times the life of competing technologies, while retaining its power capacity. Alevo holds multiple patents, and controls 100% of its IP.

although I'm not a battery specialst who is familiar with 3rd gen LiIon battery technology...

It will be interesting to see how options are played at the end of day tomorrow. I'm hoping for a buying opportunity, but Friday's are so hard to judge.

Indeed. Will be very interesting to see if today was a bear trap. I suspect many added to their short positions or bought puts because of the neutral mood today. However, we technically closed above the upper BB for the 2nd day. Cup and handle?

Indeed. Will be very interesting to see if today was a bear trap. I suspect many added to their short positions or bought puts because of the neutral mood today. However, we technically closed above the upper BB for the 2nd day. Cup and handle?

You are looking at a cup starting from Nov of last year? That is a pretty messy cup, but I see it if I squint... Not sure it meets the rules.

It made me laugh today when I noticed an ad on TMC today that read,

"Invest in Oil & Gas while you still have the chance."

I certainly want to be among the last investors to own wells so I can tell my grandkids about the old days when oil ran the world.

Apparently Cramer said today that when the Fed predicts tepid growth of the economy, it's time to invest in red-hot tech stocks such as Palo Alto Networks, Tesla, and Ambarella. Link here.

One reader responded: Good thing Tesla cars are so safe, otherwise Jim Cramer would have whiplash from his back and forth TSLA recommendations. Tesla is going to succeed long term and we don't care what you think this week or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.