Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if his 100M$ loan and the fact that he dumped all of his wealth and then some into both companies, Elon making money should translate into the companies making money as he is sure to quickly turn around and reinvest his wealth back into his passion.

This was one of my biggest appeals about Elon Musk in general when I first started looking into the guy back in the day. He isn't like most Million/Billionaires who were happy to make their money and then call it quits. He had on more than one occasion an out that he could have taken and retired to his own private Island, but instead he keeps rolling the dice and going all-in, which is why I admire him so much. His current "wealth" is all on paper, and should he be able to access any of that money (for one reason or another) you can bet that he would throw it back into either a current or future venture.

He talked in one interview about how he figured out how to live on like 1$ a day (way back when), so he was like, yeah, OK, If everything goes belly up I can still eat, so let's do this! If only more billionaires had his risk appetite the world would be a very different place.

I said all that to say, I agree with the assessment that the general success of Elon should translate into success specifically for Tesla, even if it is through shear brute-force of him dumping extra money to keep things going until the problems find solutions.

This. Plus the fact it just adds another notch to his silicon valley street cred - if a battlecry goes out how many leaders in tech, like Larry Page, would be willing to put their fortunes towards Musk's visions?

Also, I expect as SpaceX accomplishes really cool things the aura extends to Tesla. "We landed astronauts in a Dragon V2 on the moon wow! What, they use the same touchscreen as a Model S? Gotta check out their store!"

What just happened to Cramer?
New articel at The Street: Tesla Model S P85D Review - Even Superman Would Be Jealous
Every car has a theme song and this one almost punches you in the face it's so obvious -- the Superman theme song.
After navigating the construction of Hoboken and North Jersey in general, I was able to get on Route 78, where I discovered Insane Mode, which allows the car to become more than a car. It allows the Model S to eat asphalt and never look back, destroying nearly every other auto in its path. It's the software and hardware equivalent of Megatron from The Transformers.
(links: article, song)

Last edited:
This. Plus the fact it just adds another notch to his silicon valley street cred - if a battlecry goes out how many leaders in tech, like Larry Page, would be willing to put their fortunes towards Musk's visions?

Also, I expect as SpaceX accomplishes really cool things the aura extends to Tesla. "We landed astronauts in a Dragon V2 on the moon wow! What, they use the same touchscreen as a Model S? Gotta check out their store!"

yep. I could see spacex doing that... "We thought it would be kinda cool if we landed on the moon... Hasn't been done in a while"

Second postive article from Cramer news outlet The Street today:
Here's What It Looks Like Inside Tesla's Model S P85D
Starting at around $70,000 and running upward of $130,000 fully loaded, the Model S has everything you could possibly want in a car and more. It's truly an awesome driving experience, from the 17-inch touchscreen dash to the 200 watt, seven-speaker sound system.
Even the steering wheel is getting a good review:
Once you get into the car, you feel how awesome the steering wheel is. It's smooth and offers plenty of controls right on it, including dash control, skipping and reversing music tracks.
;)

(link)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102701742

Tesla's Ricardo Reyes points out that there is more to a good workforce than just having lots of available people. "Our hiring standards are incredibly high," he said, adding that Tesla's diverse needs—"We're a tech company, but we're also a manufacturing company"—create particular challenges.
"We hire everything from Stanford Ph.D.s to folks that need to be on the assembly line," Reyes said.

Here is the article the tipranks page links to: Morgan Stanley On Tesla: 'Major Car Dealers Quietly Supporting Elon Musk' - Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Benzinga

Interesting that individual car dealers don´t seem to have a problem with getting rid of franchise laws originally made to protect them. Wonder how many dealers they talked to...

Curious, the Auto Dealer Associations feel quite differently. Could it be that the associations only exist to work the lobby machine, even if dealers don't really care for what is lobbied on their behalf? The lobby industry serves its own ends, which is to make money by providing political services. If dealers are too stupid the reign in their own lobby organizations, then they are being billed for things they don't need.

This opens up a potential strategy for Tesla, which is to get individual dealerships to go on record as supporting free enterprise or not. This would drive a wedge between the most competent dealers and the leadership of the dealer associations.

This opens up a potential strategy for Tesla, which is to get individual dealerships to go on record as supporting free enterprise or not. This would drive a wedge between the most competent dealers and the leadership of the dealer associations.

It also makes the pool of people for the American Public to be mad at even smaller... which makes it even harder for state governments to continue to support this. If your local dealership is saying "we don't care" and the people are saying "Let Tesla sell", and you *continue* to fight it? Looks like you won't be getting reelected any time soon.

Looks like the EM bio is getting lots of attention: New Elon Musk bio tops best-seller list
A new biography about Tesla CEO Elon Musk hits the top of the Audible Best-Seller list. We'll be discussing the book with readers next week.
(link)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Southern company and tesla in battery storage pact

I did not know the utility Southern Co. is such a big company (excerpt from the article vgrinshpun mentioned in post above):
Southern Co. has more than 4.5 million customers and 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity. In the first quarter of 2015, its profit spiked 43 percent to $525 million, or 56 cents a share.
Thanks for posting!

Looks like the EM bio is getting lots of attention: New Elon Musk bio tops best-seller list

(link)

- - - Updated - - -

I did not know the utility Southern Co. is such a big company (excerpt from the article vgrinshpun mentioned in post above):

Thanks for posting!
VERY big, #4 in US by market cap according to this link

Largest gas and electric utilities - market value 2015 | Statistic

If SO is getting on board it means many many more to follow. No surprise from many of us here but nice to actually see it starting to happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.