Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla really should at least make a blog post about the Pop-Up store, it really is kind of a big thing, as I explain here. I am also pretty sure it is the secret weapon against dealers and a demand secret weapon. Also, I'm hoping investors will digest how genius the Pop-Up store is over the weekend and maybe we can see some good movement on Tuesday.

Not important enough to waste a question on.

Agreed.

Please do not ask questions about things that have already happened... we can use other means to find out that information.

If we have the ability to directly ask Elon Musk questions... we should spend our time asking about what's going to happen in the future.

p.s. I assume this mini-thread will get moved by moderators to the appropriate thread re: annual shareholders' meeting :)

At last year meeting Elon hinted at opening up the patents, he mentioned it would be fairly significant & "kinda" controversial so its a follow up question. Tesla Motors, Inc. 2014 annual shareholder meeting - YouTube

Open sourcing technology is a proven way to accelerate a new industry and establish an industry standard. Open sourcing Tesla's technology was a sign that Tesla wants to work with the industry, to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport. If companies use Tesla's technology, everyone wins. If companies don't use Tesla's technology, many companies might run into big problems by 2020.

I believe chevron has lost/quit their sponsorship of autopia. Also, it's about damn time for them to get rid of the gas in those cars. Why is there any gas in tomorrowland anyway?

That said, tesla doesn't advertise. But I think this would be a great place for them.

Autopia really must go. Smelly, noisy and not much fun.

BTW, my family just saw Tomorrowland this afternoon. It's a wonderful flick. It does a great job of expressing Walt Disney's belief in progress and the importance of inspiring each generation of dreamers. Fatalism about the future is simply not an option. Putting out creativity and imagination into finding new ways is deeply human. I'm not sure that Musk was consulted on any of this, but it is not important. What is important is that people like Musk illustrate and inspire what is needed. It's curious that Musk is so often compared to Steve Jobs, when really I'd much rather compare him to Walt Disney. Disney was a true visionary for a world.we would hope to live in, an inspiring world full of imagination, daring and wonder. It is a vision that wants to cultivate the Elon Musk in all of us. We really can't afford.to become resigned and disingaged. Sometimes we need to strap on our jet packs and do what we were put here to do.

Last edited:
Autopia really must go. Smelly, noisy and not much fun.

BTW, my family just saw Tomorrowland this afternoon. It's a wonderful flick. It does a great job of expressing Walt Disney's belief in progress and the importance of inspiring each generation of dreamers. Fatalism about the future is simply not an option. Putting out creativity and imagination into finding new ways is deeply human. I'm not sure that Musk was consulted on any of this, but it is not important. What is important is that people like Musk illustrate and inspire what is needed. It's curious that Musk is so often compared to Steve Jobs, when really I'd much rather compare him to Walt Disney. Disney was a true visionary for a world.we would hope to live in, an inspiring world full of imagination, daring and wonder. It is a vision that wants to cultivate the Elon Musk in all of us. We really can't afford.to become resigned and disingaged. Sometimes we need to strap on our jet packs and do what we were put here to do.

Musk is himself. What most tech type likes about him is how he wins it and let his tekky side shows through. I only compare him to Jobs in terms of how famous he is. And the fact that he is now the king of silicon valley. The 25 year old americans I bump into on the road all knows about him now. Compared to 3 years ago when 1/10 knows him. When I was actually in America.

The elon musk book was a surprisingly good read. I think all short and long term investors should give it a read. It will help you decide your strategy and see if its the right stock for you. What I found particularly interesting was the period in q1 2013. If you juxtaposition what is said in the book and what was experienced on this forum... It leaves you coming away with a good or bad feeling which will indicate your risk appetite and how much of your investment thesis is based on faith versus facts. After reading this book, I got more confident that this is the right investment for me.

The elon musk book was a surprisingly good read. I think all short and long term investors should give it a read. It will help you decide your strategy and see if its the right stock for you. What I found particularly interesting was the period in q1 2013. If you juxtaposition what is said in the book and what was experienced on this forum... It leaves you coming away with a good or bad feeling which will indicate your risk appetite and how much of your investment thesis is based on faith versus facts. After reading this book, I got more confident that this is the right investment for me.

Someone gave me an Amazon gift card, so I just downloaded it for my Kindle. I'm going to be up all night reading!!!

I'm in the hospital for surgery tomorrow, so I think I'll download it as well. I'll have plenty of reading time tomorrow afternoon and evening.

All the best of luck with the surgery and, while I wish someone had thought to bestow that book on me over the last 7 days hospital + 5 days convalescentarium, what I did accomplish was finally dive into the world of Sir Terry Pratchett, engulfing both Going Postal and Making Money. What a superb eye for the human condition and for the English language.

Im sure there is some short-term trading nugget in the above, honest I am.....

I just finished reading the book… I found it much more balanced than the initial sensational news reports had implied.

All the gleeful headlines about Tesla nearly going bankrupt in early 2013 were click bait exaggerations of the real situation as described. Actually, if Vance's telling of the story is true, it's a credit to Tesla's workforce that they were able to pull away from a potential disaster ***weeks*** before it became serious. Overall effect on stock price was pretty much 0, with good reason.

If there's one overall message in the book, it is that Elon Musk is mission driven to an extreme, is undeterred by obstacles, and gets things done, even if it takes longer than he initially advertises. No success is ever guaranteed 100%, but I'd say that in the long run, betting against Elon Musk would be imprudent. This is a guy who sets the rules and fully intends to win for the benefit of everyone. I would not want to work for his companies given the high demands, and I sure as hell would not want to be competing against him…

Status
Not open for further replies.