Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reuters: Tesla recalling 90,000 Model S sedans to check seat belts

Tesla Motors Inc said Friday it is recalling all 90,000 Model S sedans produced to check for a possible defect in the front seat belt assemblies. The cost of the worldwide recall will be "immaterial," the company said. The problem was discovered after a single report to the company in early November of a seatbelt assembly breaking when a customer in the front passenger seat of a Model S on the road in Europe turned to talk with passengers in the rear seat.

By Mike Ramsey

Tesla Motors Inc. is recalling its fleet of 90,000 Model S vehicles after an owner in Europe had an issue with a bolt holding the seat belt system in place coming loose.

Tesla said the owner wasn't involved in an accident and the auto maker has determined the flaw was an installation issue, not a problem with the fastener. Tesla is asking all its customers to have their vehicles inspected.

The company previously recalled its vehicles to add a protective plate under the vehicle to guard the battery from roadway objects. It also performed a software update to detect problems with charging.

Tesla notified customers in an e-mail Friday.

Write to Mike Ramsey at [email protected]

Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

November 20, 2015 12:08 ET (17:08 GMT)

Wait times for service will go up. Slightly :)

I love the safety proactive thinking. Screw the stock, screw perception. A true dedication to safety without hesitation.

Completely agree. Would never want to have artificially profited by putting anyone's life or well being at risk. I would rather loose my entire investment than have anyone get hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

This could test the bottom again, I don't care. Plenty of room for new or current entrants to the stock if nothing else.

Should be a really crazy day now! Big volume today folks.

Way too risky to sell hoping to buy back in at lower entry. If EM has anything to pull off the shelf for support one could be rushed over the weekend. Even though he claims the SP is not on his radar.

Pure entertainment for me at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

might be picking up some calls here shortly. Worried its not done going down, seems like it got off easy, relative to how the market usually treats TSLA.

I'm not brave enough to go either way. Might as well head to Vegas for the weekend than play this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.