Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyway, seats still don't fold but Tesla has provided some renderings apparently.
Album

Oh this is very interesting. Just saw it on reddit also.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like quite a bit of room to me, especially if there's more in the frunk. I'd be surprised if many people cancelled their reservation over it.

Having said that, those 2nd row seats have me perplexed. What the heck makes them so complex?

Yes it seems like a ton of room. Remember the X is bigger so possibly same storage as an S with fold flats. I think the whole... scaling of this is deceiving.

Oh this is very interesting. Just saw it on reddit also.- - - Updated - - -Yes it seems like a ton of room. Remember the X is bigger so possibly same storage as an S with fold flats. I think the whole... scaling of this is deceiving.
My first thought was that there isn't enough room for a bike... The bike in the picture is folded up, so you can't stack multiple bikes on top of each other, and I'm not too happy about the handle being in a bent angle... Seems like it might cause damage to the back of the seat or the bike in case of a lot of vibrations, sudden breaking etc. Personally, I wouldn't buy the car with only that much storage space... Disappointed but not surprised.

My first thought was that there isn't enough room for a bike... The bike in the picture is folded up, so you can't stack multiple bikes on top of each other, and I'm not too happy about the handle being in a bent angle... Seems like it might cause damage to the back of the seat or the bike in case of a lot of vibrations, sudden breaking etc. Personally, I wouldn't buy the car with only that much storage space... Disappointed but not surprised.

I will buy a used yellow school bus, and go to baja california and live in it. i need space.

Wait time parity

Cross-shopping will be a real boon to Tesla. The more time people spend comparing the S to the X, the more sold they will be on buying a Tesla.

We should be delighted to see the Model X cannibalize as many Model S sales as possible. This will maximize revenue. The bigger risk is that Model S will cannibalize Model X sales simply because the wait time for the Model S is shorter, not because the S is the customer's first choice.

We need to get to wait time parity between X and S as quickly as possible. Once that is achieved, we'll stop worrying about whether one model is cannabalizing another.

Trivia question: What state in the US has the third highest number of Supercharger stations?

Answer: Utah.

Boom, there's your ski trip right there. California has the most Superchargers and abundant skiing. Oregon and Colorado are also in the top 8 Supercharger states. Yes, we want pictures of Model X owners out in ski destinarions.

Trivia question: What state in the US has the third highest number of Supercharger stations?

Answer: Utah.

Boom, there's your ski trip right there. California has the most Superchargers and abundant skiing. Oregon and Colorado are also in the top 8 Supercharger states. Yes, we want pictures of Model X owners out in ski destinarions.

Maybe we can also get a side argument started between the snowboarders and the 2 skiers? :biggrin:

I was just thinking the good news might be any delays or problems with seat suppliers might be negated by the amount of people who seem to prefer a more cargo oriented set up?

Based on the slide-forward 2nd row and 2-golf bag frunk, I'm predicting no negative on TSLA in the near term.

If the 2nd row fold flat isn't eventually an option it will hurt sales in the long run.

Does this mean those who sold there shares in anticipation of "SEATGATE" are buying back in at the slightly higher price we're at now?

I would hope so or they may miss the Momentum Train which is about to depart the Station...i think i can i think i can i think i can

Does this mean those who sold there shares in anticipation of "SEATGATE" are buying back in at the slightly higher price we're at now?

I would hope so or they may miss the Momentum Train which is about to depart the Station...i think i can i think i can i think i can
You have one of the voices I respect the most here. Here is the 'but':biggrin:.....I have not sold my shares based on some of the issues that seem to be being discussed about the X but if we get a run up prior to 9/29 of 5-10% I may sell some to buy puts. I am not convinced that there will be a tremendous ground swell of positive reviews and news about the X. I have been wrong before and I am confident I will be wrong with some of my decisions regarding TSLA in the future....The train may leave me behind but it also may be heading down the wrong track

I believe it's "foldgate", not "seatgate". But mostly it's unimportant if you ask me. TMC has known the ins-and-outs of the MX for a long time, with only a few very minor unknowns to obsess about. To the world outside of our little click however just watch as the reaction to the falcon wing doors and the "world's fastest SUV" overshadows any potential mechanism for stowing the 2nd row.

Status
Not open for further replies.