Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$3500 for 10kWh means that in California this battery unit (plus inverter, and probably installation) is **FREE** after the SGIP incentive of $1752/kW, or, for a two-hour rated battery like Tesla's, $876/kWh.

Everyone in California now can get Tesla PowerWall essentially free. Anyone going to guess what it will do for the demand? I guess we will be production constrained forever...

Nice price. I had guessed $7500 for a 20 kWh, $375/kWh, but $350/kWh. I'm sure this is low enough to strike fear and amazement in the heart of the utility industry. They must either load up on batteries immediately or ratepayers will get their own.

Shock and awe, baby!

$3500 for 10kWh means that in California this battery unit (plus inverter, and probably installation) is **FREE** after the SGIP incentive of $1752/kW, or, for a two-hour rated battery like Tesla's, $876/kWh.

Everyone in California now can get Tesla PowerWall essentially free. Anyone going to guess what it will do for the demand? I guess we will be production constrained forever...

Oncor (listed as business partner in the press kit) is planning to install grid-distributed system with stationary storage rated 5GW/10GWh in 2018, subject to regulatory approval. They already have running micro-grid demonstration project with Tesla 200kW/400kWh battery. The system was installed with the aid of S$C Electric and Schneider Electric. The following quote from S$C Business Development Director:

Chiesa added that he hasn't see Li-ion battery prices under $500 per kWh as yet. If they dropped down to the $350-$300 per kWh range it would make a huge difference to microgrid and energy storage project economics, he pointed out.

$350/kWh?? Consider it done.

Ignition, please...

Three Reasons Oncor’s Energy Storage Proposal Is a Game Changer | Plugged In, Scientific American Blog Network

Oncor Launches Paradigm-Breaking Microgrid in Texas

Last edited:
Powerwall | Tesla Motors

Can reserve now!

multibatt.png

Multiple batteries = multiple sales, too. This just gets better and better.

Nice price. I had guessed $7500 for a 20 kWh, $375/kWh, but $350/kWh. I'm sure this is low enough to strike fear and amazement in the heart of the utility industry. They must either load up on batteries immediately or ratepayers will get their own.
There's a lot more in that box besides a battery. Look at the incremental price of 7 kWh to 10 kWh: $500. That's $167/kWh for the battery. That's a very big deal when you think about the commercial and grid batteries, where the non-battery component costs will be a smaller portion of the total.

I'm hoping that the market interprets this the way I think we are and that should mean we will never see a 22x print again

Heck after watching the presentation, we may never see a print under 240 or 250 ever again pretty soon in my opinion after the implications are realized by Energy Funds who all will want a piece of TSLA in their portfolios. If you add in a short squeeze we could be in for a very wild ride... Not sure if this will start tomorrow but soon enough as this resonates, perhaps after earnings and analysts update their models

Status
Not open for further replies.