Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lot of short-term indecision in the market. I'm happy to see an up day, +2.6 when I started writing this, but only +1 right now.
If you look at the charts, you see that the last 3 days we have seen solid support from the trend lines started in mid-july, as well as the PSAR, 20-day SMA, and the Ichimaku chart.. All of the short/mid-term technical indicators show support around the $160-$164 area, so we might have a trend reversal if we break below this (read a great buying opportunity for long term players).
Unfortunately the volume is much lower than I would like to see, and we see a constant decline in volume. I think we might be range bounded between $150-$170 until about 3 weeks before Q3 results. I'm writing OTM calls/puts to take adv. of this, and waiting around for the next big move.
We also have a lot of resistance from $166-$168. So look for a breakout to the upside if we cross that, but I don't think this will happen without some positive news.
tsla_3_month.png
tsla_6_month.png
Untitled.png

ok, she just said it's 4pm (EST) time now.
So the interview is going on right now here: (http://live.foxbusiness.com/?aisres...55Fx4jkxPlErOleULn61X7TOtmpSyCN4DZ4Jcfz5+Ag==)...
You can go back and take a look at it if you have internet access...

But I'm really impressed by how Elon has grown in the past year. He seemed like this young, brilliant kid more-or-less 6 months ago. During his interviews you could tell, he was a brilliant guy but not a great public speaker. Now he sounds much more mature, and looks like a CEO that's at the helm of a large company that's here to stay. He is very cautious about making forward looking statements, and his comments on the shorts whereas before he was very aggressive, and optimistic. Its really amazing to see this change and I think it says a lot about TSLA. At $20B its a large company, its not a small startup any more, and they have to act like the big boys if they are here to stay...
It seems like Elon is blown away by how quickly the stock and the company has grown, definitely even beyond his wildest imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

so why the stock is crashing after hours?
Because Elon said once again, its very highly valued (in a sense).

Would someone mind giving a quick summary of what is/was discussed. Don't have access to live TV currently :(

Really nothing all on this forum have not heard before. Reaffirmed that he won't be involved with hyperloop as it will take time away from Space X and Tesla. Tried to get him to talk about production figures and catching the 'shorts' by surprise. Gave good evasive answers but still with the hint that shorting may not be a good idea and that they always try to exceed goals they set.
Also, a dig at other automakers that all model S owners can be assured that every dollar of profit will go to R&D of the E.

We have a lot of short-term indecision in the market. I'm happy to see an up day, +2.6 when I started writing this, but only +1 right now. If you look at the charts, you see that the last 3 days we have seen solid support from the trend lines started in mid-july, as well as the PSAR, 20-day SMA, and the Ichimaku chart.. All of the short/mid-term technical indicators show support around the $160-$164 area, so we might have a trend reversal if we break below this (read a great buying opportunity for long term players). Unfortunately the volume is much lower than I would like to see, and we see a constant decline in volume. I think we might be range bounded between $150-$170 until about 3 weeks before Q3 results. I'm writing OTM calls/puts to take adv. of this, and waiting around for the next big move. We also have a lot of resistance from $166-$168. So look for a breakout to the upside if we cross that, but I don't think this will happen without some positive news.
Interesting. You guys from new york draw trendlines using intraday lows and highs instead of closing price?

Status
Not open for further replies.