Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock has oscillated violently between 170 and 180$ a few times in the last few weeks but it hasn't accumulated any significant trade volume in this range. Therefore as soon as the last resistance level above 180$ is broken the stock just falls down straight to the first resistance around 170$ (and viceversa). There are almost no intermediate trade levels.

it's not me who wrote the article...
i'm getting the blame again for posting news, so from now on i'll keep it to myself

I'm not blaming you for posting news. Just the emotional outburst.

Wedbush probably ended my plan to buy telsa at 150s before earning
cursing.gif

You display a pattern of posting only negative news articles but no positive ones and then making alarmist comments about them, and you have previously stated that you have an agenda to emphasize negative news in the hopes that you can buy in much lower before earnings. I appreciate the news links and I do not fault your strategy, but I would hope for more objective discussion and analysis.

Last edited:

i bet the shorts are calling/emailing this NHTSA administrator David Strickland disguised as concerned citizens of new technology asking him to open an official probe which they know the press reporting of should send the price down further. I just hope there are some longs in his ear as well telling him that there are a lot of enemies of Tesla (ie. shorts, oil companies, other auto companies) that will probably be all over him to open an official probe and he needs to just be aware of that.

anyone know how to get his contact info?

i bet the shorts are calling/emailing this NHTSA administrator David Strickland disguised as concerned citizens of new technology asking him to open an official probe which they know the press reporting of should send the price down further.

It would be unreasonable to expect that NHTSA would not look into the matter. If the government wasn't shut down, this would have been near a singular investment event instead of two separate ones.

It would be unreasonable to expect that NHTSA would not look into the matter. If the government wasn't shut down, this would have been near a singular investment event instead of two separate ones.

Agreed. This is standard operating procedure, and one could expect that in looking at the event, NHTSA will come to the same conclusion we all did shortly after the event: very few cars on the road could have protected the driver from injury when impaled with a steel spike with the force of 25 tons. The armor plating underneath the Tesla Model S may well have saved the driver's life. They will come to the same conclusion, and may make some note of fire safety of batteries for first responders, but this is also already known.

Good point, I tried to email him anyhow (not sure if I got his email right) just to ask him to be aware of the passionate enemies Tesla has and would love as much bad press as they can get and to ask him to not let that influence his professional judgement. Figure it is better to be an activist investor than passive when possible.

Gahh why is everyone asking why it tanked. CNBC has aleeady concluded that segment.

Answer: computer algorithms.

and if u dont believe this, enter the tickers of all the companies ive listedand look at todays chart. They are ALL THE SAME.

There were probably several individual reasons that drove the algos to pile on. Definitely AAPL rose big this morning and then some took profits ahead of the announcement today. TLSA had the NHTSA info come out. These probably caused some significant movement that was accentuated by the algos. TLSA is still gyrating a bunch and working its way back up.

I think the upgrade from Deutsche and Wedbush came too early -during turmoil- battery fire, govt shutdown, etc, hence reducing their potentials for a positive impact on TSLA. If these guys had waited till the end of the govt shudown BS and then released their price targets closer to ER (even last week or this week), TSLA would have been in a better place in the market. Market sentiment and timing are important when releasing potent ammunition.

I think the upgrade from Deutsche and Wedbush came too early -during turmoil- battery fire, govt shutdown, etc, hence reducing their potentials for a positive impact on TSLA. If these guys had waited till the end of the govt shudown BS and then released their price targets closer to ER (even last week or this week), TSLA would have been in a better place in the market. Market sentiment and timing are important when releasing potent ammunition.

Or they came at just the right time and stopped the bleeding, hard to say. I kind of like it this way though. I was worried that everyone knew about Q3 now and expectations would be too high. I no longer feel like this is the case. I feel like most of the market has forgotten or wasn't paying any attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.