Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would have released the press release by now. GRPN released their's at 4:01 today with positive news (and they are having an after hours rally). It doesn't mean anything really, but usually the press release will be out before a conference call so it can be digested briefly.

I'm sure it will be released before the conference call, but the CC isn't for another hour.

outlook could be better: "The lease accounting treatment for cars sold through our new financing plan will have no impact on our cash flows, and we expect to be roughly breakeven on cash flow from operations in Q2, despite launch costs in Europe and a huge increase in service centers, stores and Supercharger stations. However, the deferred revenue recognition required by GAAP for lease accounting will lead to a net loss on paper in Q2.”

Overall a great report….Nice job TSLA!

outlook could be better: "The lease accounting treatment for cars sold through our new financing plan will have no impact on our cash flows, and we expect to be roughly breakeven on cash flow from operations in Q2, despite launch costs in Europe and a huge increase in service centers, stores and Supercharger stations. However, the deferred revenue recognition required by GAAP for lease accounting will lead to a net loss on paper in Q2."

That's to be expected with those investment costs. They will more than pay for themselves very soon and the important thing is not losing money right now.

They bumped up their yearly guidance of Model S sales by 5% which is really nice. I expect they are being modest so they can continue to deliver good news over the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.