Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else happened; my 3 other stocks are seeing their own spike and were all preceded by a small dip as well.

Fed minutes released

Red report did not say yes to Taper to the market rejoiced. TSLA is just along for the ride :)

Ah I see. Yeah everything else I'm watching took a spike up and continuing north as well. I'm surprised I didn't see it in my newsfeed, oh well. Speaking of going north, TSLA is now in the green.

OK, I'll admit it, I balked when it hit 139 and did the inadvisable thing, sold on emotion, but with the clear goal of not losing principle and retaining modest gain since originally in at $125, which I did achieve. I held the cash for a week, watching. the safety rating was the shot in the arm I was looking for. got up early expecting it to hit $150 and drop from a bunch of limits sales. bought in at 147.5, my first truly timed buy in. it was exciting, almost felt like I knew what I was doing... anyway, selling low was a learning experience. interesting study of one's own mood impulses. It's clear to me that without something on the horizon or in the news for Tesla, it's all to easy to fall pray to vertigo.

Another controversy in the making?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tesla-crash-test-rating-high-maker-claimed/story?id=20024779

NHTSA says they don't rate beyond 5 stars. :)
Yeah this is Elon getting free PR.

Here is the quote from NHTSA at the bottom of the page:
"No matter what, you can't say it's the safest car ever tested, just that it had the best overall test score of any vehicle tested by NHTSA."

In other words there is a reason they don't rank cars and Elon isn't supposed to advertise that they had the highest score. The bottom line is there are other very safe cars out there even with the hindrance of an ICE. Still, the Model S is probably the safest.

OK, I'll admit it, I balked when it hit 139 and did the inadvisable thing, sold on emotion, but with the clear goal of not losing principle and retaining modest gain since originally in at $125, which I did achieve. I held the cash for a week, watching. the safety rating was the shot in the arm I was looking for. got up early expecting it to hit $150 and drop from a bunch of limits sales. bought in at 147.5, my first truly timed buy in. it was exciting, almost felt like I knew what I was doing... anyway, selling low was a learning experience. interesting study of one's own mood impulses. It's clear to me that without something on the horizon or in the news for Tesla, it's all to easy to fall pray to vertigo.

Perhaps you missed my post.

Tell me, when in TSLA's history has it been a bad idea to buy when it was 13% off the highs?

Updated chart, BTW:

Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 3.26.38 PM.png

As usual, I'm standing by my prediction of closing between 146 to 148 (obviously closer to 148 now) perhaps i'll miss by a few cents... but we're definitely closing red and i'm really on a roll! but please you may ignore me LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Closed 147.86 ! Wow I'm surprised by myself.

Don't know why everyone else was so excited about testing 150... Like I said earlier today we're more than likely to close in the red between 146 to 148...
So 150 was definitely out of the question, that jump up was like meh, time to sell...
Oh well, disclaiming myself again please ignore my predictions as I've just started doing this recently

Clarence Ditlow, the director of the Center of Auto Safety: "No matter what, you can't say it's the safest car ever tested, just that it had the best overall test score of any vehicle tested by NHTSA."

Um...that's either semantics or an admission that NHTSA tests aren't accurate...

"Clarence Ditlow, the director of the Center of Auto Safety, told ABC News that the Tesla Model S did earn very high marks on NHTSA's crash tests. However, he also says that Tesla Motors's spin on the score is misleading. "No matter what, you can't say it's the safest car ever tested, just that it had the best overall test score of any vehicle tested by NHTSA."

Or a little bit overzealous on Tesla's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.