Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just food for thought but if the stock was priced at $146 before earnings, then why would it be a good idea to sell at $154 after earnings?

Just my personal opinion but if you want to stay invested in TSLA then stop trying to time the stock. Buy and hold and enjoy the ride. I think there might be more momentum for the stock to go to $180, but on the flip side I can't see the stock falling below $146 in the near future. That is a risk/reward scenario that I am comfortable with and will stay invested.

If you are thinking of selling at $154 only to buy back at $140 then don't do this. If you are thinking of doing this, but at the same time have a stop loss order in case the stock price sours then you are a "pig and you are going to get slaughtered."

If you invest in a company that you firmly believe in and believe that there is room for the stock to run then buy some shares. If the price goes down then buy even more. Dollar cost average all the way down, since you know TSLA will come back eventually. Putting in stop loss orders is just another way of buying high and selling low.

That is how I invest and have had success recently. I buy a company that looks like a good investment to me and then buy even more if the price continues to fall. This requires patience and a strong will to stick to your strategy no matter what. In the end you will be rewarded handsomely for sticking to this strategy.

Therefore, don't sell your TSLA today. If it goes down then buy some more before it takes off for good.

My favorite Warren Buffett quote, "We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful."

Just my personal opinion but if you want to stay invested in TSLA then stop trying to time the stock. Buy and hold and enjoy the ride.

This rings very true to me. I only have some experience in how it is to sit through downturns in an investment and convince yourself that you have done the right thing. To repeat the best example: Investors in Amazon would be right that the company was a good investment at $80 in late 1999, but would have to endure being down more than 90% over periods of several years. If you got in at $80, that is several years of beating yourself up over what could have been. It eventually took almost 8 years to get back to the late-1999 levels. If you haven't tried that, it is hard to know how you would feel and act during that time.

This is why I think I will hedge, by selling 1/3 of my holdings during the runup I think will come now. Then I will have the opportunity to double down if there is a significant dip.

And here we... stop? I think we can discount the rocket upward scenario.

It was the same behavior the day after Q1 earnings. There will be significant profit taking in the first 90 minutes or so. Actually, if I remember correctly, most of the day after Q1 the stock trading in the high 60's and low 70. That was after opening at 70. It wasn't until 2 days later that it made the move to 80.

So you can't really say anything yet.

It was the same behavior the day after Q1 earnings. There will be significant profit taking in the first 90 minutes or so. Actually, if I remember correctly, most of the day after Q1 the stock trading in the high 60's and low 70. That was after opening at 70. It wasn't until 2 days later that it made the move to 80.

So you can't really say anything yet.

I am searching around for a May 9th daily chart. I have not found one yet.

Just my personal opinion but if you want to stay invested in TSLA then stop trying to time the stock. Buy and hold and enjoy the ride.

Amen! Please just quit asking things like "What do you think the price is going to be tomorrow?" or "Should I buy now or wait?". Just do a quick read starting from 5 pages prior to the latest post on this thread and you'll have pretty information to make an informed decision. I'm long and really enjoy the intelligent discussion, especially people modeling and coming up with estimates based on information shared here.

Here is the hourly for May 8-13:

hourly.JPG

Thinking of buying some higher calls, but wondering if we'll see a higher run. What are some options people are getting?

Afraid it would head towards 160 i bought the Sept 200 Calls at today's peak (my timing is horrible) Now the i'm down since the implied vol crush happened soon after and the shares are also lower. I'll be happy is she closes above 154 and then pops tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.