Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shop for Pre-Track Day Tech/Safety Inspection Around Boston?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know a shop in the Boston area that will do a tech inspection for my M3P before going to the race track? I called a local shop but they said they don't work on Teslas because they're worried about messing something up as Tesla hasn't released service manuals. I did mention that it would be just the brakes/suspension for the most part, which should be the same as regular cars AFAIK.

The track day is this Sunday and I thought I'd be able to just drop by a shop to do it, so I'm getting a bit nervous!

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know a shop in the Boston area that will do a tech inspection for my M3P before going to the race track? I called a local shop but they said they don't work on Teslas because they're worried about messing something up as Tesla hasn't released service manuals. I did mention that it would be just the brakes/suspension for the most part, which should be the same as regular cars AFAIK.

The track day is this Sunday and I thought I'd be able to just drop by a shop to do it, so I'm getting a bit nervous!
No specific recommendations, but I'd check the websites of local car clubs that do track days for lists of tech inspectors, then start calling around. COM, PCA-NER, BMWCCA-Boston, and Audi (NAAC and NEQ) immediately come to mind.

Who is running the track event? Have you called all of the tech inspectors they recommend?

No specific recommendations, but I'd check the websites of local car clubs that do track days for lists of tech inspectors, then start calling around. COM, PCA-NER, BMWCCA-Boston, and Audi (NAAC and NEQ) immediately come to mind.

Who is running the track event? Have you called all of the tech inspectors they recommend?
Thank you! I'll look at the sites!! I just also left a message in the Facebook group for the track group, asking if anyone knows any shops

Hey everyone,

Electrified Garage in Amesbury would be an option as well. They specialize in Tesla work, have done some amount of track performance upgrades on Tesla and have lots of experience overall.

Is the work you are looking to have done related to the Model 3 Challenge by chance? Or is it some other track event?

Link to the TOCNE event listing for the Model 3 Challenge (not a Tesla Owners Group run or or hosted event)

If this work is not related to the Model 3 Challenge, consider it. Also on Sunday May 19th in conjunction with the Model 3 Challenge going on there all weekend there is an ElectricDay event exclusively for EV track time you might want to consider. I've done it the past 3 years it's been running and it's a lot of fun and an opportunity to see how driver and car work on track for novice to experienced drivers a alike.

Link to the TOCNE event listing for the ElectricDay MassTuning event (not a Tesla Owners Group run or or hosted event)

Presumably MassTuning Trackfest at Palmer this coming weekend.

Reactions: play150
Electrified Garage in Amesbury would be an option as well. They specialize in Tesla work, have done some amount of track performance upgrades on Tesla and have lots of experience overall.

Is the work you are looking to have done related to the Model 3 Challenge by chance? Or is it some other track event?

Link to the TOCNE event listing for the Model 3 Challenge (not a Tesla Owners Group run or or hosted event)

If this work is not related to the Model 3 Challenge, consider it. Also on Sunday May 19th in conjunction with the Model 3 Challenge going on there all weekend there is an ElectricDay event exclusively for EV track time you might want to consider. I've done it the past 3 years it's been running and it's a lot of fun and an opportunity to see how driver and car work on track for novice to experienced drivers a alike.

Link to the TOCNE event listing for the ElectricDay MassTuning event (not a Tesla Owners Group run or or hosted event)
Very interesting, I had no idea this was going on