Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center : is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone Else has had similar experience. I had a scheduled service appointment for this morning at 10am. I had meetings, do dropped the car off on the SC lot around 8am right before the SC opened (this was noted in my comments to them via the App). There app says “in service” however, I have had zero dialogue with anyone leading up to the appt nor over the last 5/6 hours since my appt. no responses back or requests to answer questions about the reason I brought the car in (another bad manufacturer stabilizer).

I live an hour away from the sc, so it’s not as simple as head over There and check it out. a bit concerned, no correspondence at all, no clue timing of completion, nothing. as you know, there’s no way to speak to anyone live.

I tried the customer support live chat... rrrright.
Anyone had completely silence from day of scheduling the appt through 6 hours after you’ve dropped off the car?

There was a time you could call the service number and there was an option to check status of car, which would connect you with a live employee. I haven't tried that in a while. Not sure if it's even an option now.

Last couple of times I had car in for service, the service center responded to my messages from the messaging function in the mobile app.

Good luck. So frustrating how Tesla provides such subpar service.

When i drop off my car there is usually a line of people doing the same so if you didn't actually give it to someone your car is gonna sit there for a good while before they realize its there and start messing with it. I mean the SC opens at 8 why didn't you just wait a few min to talk to the service advisor and do a proper turn-in?

Also the uber credits suck ass for me because i live 2.5 hours from the SC so i have to like go to a mall and sleep on a bench with a beer till my car is ready. Sometimes (like today) when i drop off the car for stuff if they think it'll take longer than COB that day i'll get an uber ride to the enterprise 2 miles away and they will give me a free tesla or maserati loaner till tesla says to come pick up my car.

When i drop off my car there is usually a line of people doing the same so if you didn't actually give it to someone your car is gonna sit there for a good while before they realize its there and start messing with it. I mean the SC opens at 8 why didn't you just wait a few min to talk to the service advisor and do a proper turn-in?

Also the uber credits suck ass for me because i live 2.5 hours from the SC so i have to like go to a mall and sleep on a bench with a beer till my car is ready. Sometimes (like today) when i drop off the car for stuff if they think it'll take longer than COB that day i'll get an uber ride to the enterprise 2 miles away and they will give me a free tesla or maserati loaner till tesla says to come pick up my car.

Yup uber credits suck. But we should make sure to stick it to Tesla and use all $100. Even if that means doing fake rides

Tesla "Service" has gone South of Yugo. Jerome is remarkably out of touch with just how bad it is; note his reply to the SayTechnologies question (upvoted by hundreds!) at the last quarterly earnings call, "The best service is no service." [paraphrased]

So we get no service;-)

It's so very, very bad, and IF the cars didn't break it wouldn't be that terrible . . . .

But they do, and service, frankly, is becoming a bad joke made worse with appointments available weeks out, next-to-zero loaners, text messages which may (or may not) arrive for status updates, and then after several days in the shop you'll get your Tesla returned remarkably filthy because washing your friggin' six-figure Tesla "doesn't align with Tesla's mission." (WTF?!?)

Elon: please fix this.

Thx.

Curious if anyone Else has had similar experience. I had a scheduled service appointment for this morning at 10am. I had meetings, do dropped the car off on the SC lot around 8am right before the SC opened (this was noted in my comments to them via the App). There app says “in service” however, I have had zero dialogue with anyone leading up to the appt nor over the last 5/6 hours since my appt. no responses back or requests to answer questions about the reason I brought the car in (another bad manufacturer stabilizer).

I live an hour away from the sc, so it’s not as simple as head over There and check it out. a bit concerned, no correspondence at all, no clue timing of completion, nothing. as you know, there’s no way to speak to anyone live.

I tried the customer support live chat... rrrright.
Anyone had completely silence from day of scheduling the appt through 6 hours after you’ve dropped off the car?
Yes. I had almost the same experience... over 2 years ago. Took me 3 weeks of calling to get my car back for what was supposed to be a quick fix (swapping out the 4 curbed rims that were delivered with the car for 4 new rims).

Interestingly, when the heating elements started spontaneously falling off my rear window last summer, the car was in and out of the service center in less than 8 hours. I actually had two service center techs meet me to go over the issue when I brought it in for that. I am guessing it was because they didn't want to cover that one under warranty, though, as they asked me all sorts of questions and then whispered within earshot whether it would be a warranty cover...

Has anyone NOT had this same horrific experience?

I've never gone to SC. So far in all these years only mobile rangers.

But yes SC do suck, as does general customer service, quality control, etc. Audi is AMAZING when it comes to this. You can always get someone at corp to fix anything with the dealer. But the dealer is still amazing.

That said I love my Tesla's.

In my dream they forget to disable Ludicrous mode, too.
In my dream i asked for a an extra Uber credit since i had to go to work and needed an extra to pay for the ride back to the SC. They said sure no problem.... Oh wait that was a dream. They actually told me I didn't go to work and just go hitup the local mall or grab a meal and come back later

Has anyone NOT had this same horrific experience?

When I went to Sterling, VA SC to get my MCU2 & AP3 upgrade in Jan, they mentioned Uber credits, but I asked for a loaner instead. They gave me a MS 75 - dropped my key in the box and they texted me where the loaner was. The upgrade ended up taking more than a day, but they were pretty good about informing me that it was going to take longer. They finished after closing on day 2, but I was able to pick it up after hours and drop the loaner key in the box. Never talked to anyone in person. All in all not bad.

When I went to Sterling, VA SC to get my MCU2 & AP3 upgrade in Jan, they mentioned Uber credits, but I asked for a loaner instead. They gave me a MS 75 - dropped my key in the box and they texted me where the loaner was. The upgrade ended up taking more than a day, but they were pretty good about informing me that it was going to take longer. They finished after closing on day 2, but I was able to pick it up after hours and drop the loaner key in the box. Never talked to anyone in person. All in all not bad.

Nice my SC claims no loaners because of pandemic and stock price

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl