Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much can it record before the 128GB override the old footage?
I’ve asked this before, but not had a response. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that the TeslaCam only uses about 2GB and then overwrites, but I don’t know if this is still the case. There is also the extra use by Sentry Mode too.

Perhaps one of our existing owners can advise?

The interface is USB 2 - fast write speeds are not necessary.

There appears to be a bug in latest software (2019.24 on iirc) which fails some drives with not being fast enough - irrespective of speed of drive - in fact slower USB 2 drives seem to fair better - this matches my experience of some fast USB 3 drives in car audio which fail to work reliably.

I’ll probably end up going with a SD card and USB adapter.

One of the advantages of being back of the line is being able to see how the .24 bug and v10 start to pan out. HW3 and/or FSD has different requirements - different compression and potentially more cameras.

One of the advantages of being back of the line is being able to see how the .24 bug and v10 start to pan out. HW3 and/or FSD has different requirements - different compression and potentially more cameras.

Actually thats not true anymore. I purchased FSD (collected Wednesday) and have been through a very long exchange with Tesla on whether or not I actually have the FSD HW3 computer. My car records videos in H264 not H265 (which I was expecting for HW3) but I do have HW3 (confirmed both by Tesla service who connected to the car as well as me by taking a photo of the computer part number under the glove box

PastedGraphic-2.png
and comparing it to the parts list here

https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47362

Tesla service EU tell me that that is expected and there is much confusion with the codecs at the moment, so I can only assume that they are now emulating HW2.5 to make software releases easier (most probably from 2019.28.2) until FSD features are ready.