Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nibble - NVDA STO 2 740 PUTS for $1 each.
Good choice, I did it the other way around and bought may22 C 1200 for 2.27. Just gambling in a bit of the nice profit on P/C MSTR (BTW I bought some $MSTR shares as well Wednesday and yesterday, bottom of.
BTC seems to be in and indeed, the rocket has launched already.
Guess I will stay in as long as BTC is below 100.000, maybe even 150.000.
$TSLA: Back in business on dec '26 -P 270 and 300 and +C dec '24 C (LEAPS) $90, maxed out, so a macro dump would likely kill me.

Good choice, I did it the other way around and bought may22 C 1200 for 2.27. Just gambling in a bit of the nice profit on P/C MSTR (BTW I bought some $MSTR shares as well Wednesday and yesterday, bottom of.
BTC seems to be in and indeed, the rocket has launched already.
Guess I will stay in as long as BTC is below 100.000, maybe even 150.000.
$TSLA: Back in business on dec '26 -P 270 and 300 and +C dec '24 C (LEAPS) $90, maxed out, so a macro dump would likely kill me.
Still waiting for my MSTR Jan 25 300, 360 PUTS to lose value, with IV 130%, not budging even after earnings over
(+ I sold these when MSTR was in 900s, but because IV spiked, even as SP went up, the value of the PUTS @300 went up :( )

Jan 25 300 still giving $18 .. not a sexy bet, but long time before needing to monitor at all .. ;)

Got lucky with the SMCI day trades - and then i thought should not try my luck too frequently ;)

Last edited:
I'm 100 pages behind on the other thread (despite fast scrolling through most of the nonsense), just went through all the earning-call posts yesterday, the refusal of most of the folks there to engage in any discussion that might be considered "bearish" is shocking, and the derision to factual posts that don't fit their narrative is disturbing. TBH I was very much in that same camp for years, I sucked-up everything I was served by Musk and took it all on faith, but I've managed to snap out of that now and view it as an echo-chamber, in essence no different from TSLAQ

Anyway, the number will be populated here: Wiki - Tesla Europe Registration Stats

The argument from Musk in the earnings call is that the excess 50k cars would all be delivered in Q2 and inventory levels would drop back to typical levels. If that's correct then the EU delivery wave should be smoothed further, but for those countries that have so far reported, the numbers are down on January Q1, which doesn't corroborate this statement

Not an options-specific thing, I know, but could have a meaningful impact on the short term SP and give us an early warning on the final Q2 P&D
You might want to take a look at yourself and this thread before casting stones. The EXACT same thing happens here when the SP doesn’t move in the desired direction of your (specific and general) options.

When the SP goes down and you don’t want it to, it’s Elon and Tesla’s fault for an endless list of reasons. When it goes up and you don’t think it should, suddenly Elon is pumping the stock, so his fault again.

I dare you to go back and read all the posts from P&D to now and then come back and lie about how you and many others behaved. Pay particular attention to @dl003 who on a number of occasions pointed out the bad behavior.

Survey says
Not likely.

Quick crowd source question:
Anyone know if it’s true that ppl ordering CT literally 1-2 months ago are receiving confirmed VIN for delivery now? Anyone here have that experience? I’m not sure WHEN exactly @BornToFly put their order in, but it was most likely YEARS ago.
I got my email on April 26 from Tesla saying "EST. DELIVERY MAY 2024 - JUNE 2024".

Edit- I reserved this 4-(or was it 3 motor?) CT years ago.

I'm going to have to wait till TSLA satisfies my current positions, however, lest I end up drivine a $6,000,000 Cybertruck in 4 years.

Last edited:
Well, the companies the people who can afford care about interest rates and sale of their products. Thats why interest rates are not limited to consumer goods companies. Infact in recessions, generally luxury goods manufacturers suffer more than consumer staples.
Agreed. It is all about the rate (and when the cut will begin). Per the dual mandate and JP's mention of the need to turn the focus to that on unemployment, today's data reinforces the need to reduce rate before it gets worse bad. It (the narrative on the need to focus on unemployment) seems less about logic / economics and more about politics...as it will justify the impending cut (likely in September / before the election).

Agreed. It is all about the rate (and when the cut will begin). Per the dual mandate and JP's mention of the need to turn the focus to that on unemployment, today's data reinforces the need to reduce rate before it gets worse bad. It (the narrative on the need to focus on unemployment) seems less about logic / economics and more about politics...as it will justify the impending cut (likely in September / before the election).
I'm not sure about the "politics" part.

High rates are bad because they can lead to more unemployment. Unemployment hurts people - that's why its bad. Nothing to do with politics.

1714746535449.png

You might want to take a look at yourself and this thread before casting stones. The EXACT same thing happens here when the SP doesn’t move in the desired direction of your (specific and general) options.

When the SP goes down and you don’t want it to, it’s Elon and Tesla’s fault for an endless list of reasons. When it goes up and you don’t think it should, suddenly Elon is pumping the stock, so his fault again.

I dare you to go back and read all the posts from P&D to now and then come back and lie about how you and many others behaved. Pay particular attention to @dl003 who on a number of occasions pointed out the bad behavior.
Disagree, not because of fairweather fandom here based on the stock movement as that certainly happens. Rather there is certainly more openness to dissenting viewpoints here, which is the part of MaxPlaid's post that resonates the most with me. Posters who disagree do not get labeled immediately as trolls and put on ignore.

Yesterday's 10 hour surgery got moved to today. I'm going to have to scrub out at 1:40 MDT to possibly manage 187.5 (my mom's) and 190CCs (mine).... Hopefully we stop at 185. Alarm set on my phone.
Don’t worry just give me your logins I am sitting in a Stryker Arthroplasty conference in Toronto right now I have all my time today to roll positions

I was just about to post this, saw it earlier this morning. It SEEMS like a pretty big deal for sector at least, I wonder when/if someone will derive which auto’s were to date excluded and which will unlock the $3750 or $7500 credits again.?

I was just about to post this, saw it earlier this morning. It SEEMS like a pretty big deal for sector at least, I wonder when/if someone will derive which auto’s were to date excluded and which will unlock the $3750 or $7500 credits again.?

That's seem to be good new. Back in green.

AAPL is holding 184 like a rock. Big Conference next Tuesday. Thus Monday leading into the Conference Tuesday should help maintain green for AAPL.
Buy the rumors sell the news.....

Reactions: DaBooster

You're right that both threads are hijacked by emotional posts upon big swing days (either up or down).

That said, I do feel this thread is more about trying to stay focused, calm and calculated and how to play the hand the market deals us. Many of us that have seen dark days (for example when $TSLA dropped to $104 a little more than a year ago) have learned from it and came out of the recent trip to the $140's unscathed/unfazed.

This thread is less focused on dealing with every little Tesla news item so obviously has less trolls surfacing. That's my main issue with the main thread. You combat them well IMO (80's action hero style, swift and deadly), but many others try to earn boy scout medals by engaging in "peaceful detailed discussion" regarding subjects brought up five to ten years ago.

Oh well, people need to spend their time some way I guess.

I only visit the main thread upon big news releases, to check in what the vibe is. (ER or product releases and the like)