Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA looking pretty bad pre-market, sub-140 today? IV also popped to 110%

I do still have 100x -p140 / -c150 in play, but I really struggle to see what could be said in the earnings call to pop the stock, but there's plenty to dump it further from here

Need to get those puts out of the way, so I'm planing to roll the -c150's down to -c140 for this week and use the premium to buy-back the -p140's, going to start writing -p90's, I'm a buyer at that price

Yes, -c140's down here is a bit risky, but easier to roll those up for the next two years than end up with puts $50 ITM...

That being said, I do also have 20x Dec 2025 -p190's (and -c190's), that I need to keep an eye on...
Do you think 25 and 26 options are at risk for early assignment?
Holding June 26 250 -P, but still some extrinsic in it.
Also June 24 220 -P which gets tricky, but fully covered by cash.
May let it assign or roll it a few months or even years.

Because Friday's order @$145.65 did not get filled, I was happy to partly buy back in on shares a few moments ago (outside RTH) @ 142.65 . Also have again an order set on buying $139.05 (as I had on Friday).
For the rest I wait for ER plus Conference call to decide when to get back in fully. Will sell some NVDA OTM puts to get me covered.

Do you think 25 and 26 options are at risk for early assignment?
Holding June 26 250 -P, but still some extrinsic in it.
Also June 24 220 -P which gets tricky, but fully covered by cash.
May let it assign or roll it a few months or even years.
I just checked my Dec 2025 -p190's and they still have loads of extrinsic, at this moment, lid is $60, so $17 stills of Friday, looks like they need SP around $100 before they get into trouble - then the plan is to roll out and down, which is somewhat facilitated by them being straddled with -c190's too

TBH I don't have a huge experience of getting long-dated puts assigned, @BornToFly is more knowledgeable on that, I think

PSA: $1 increment strikes added for TSLA this week down to $105... I take that as a sig that the markets expects to visit these levels, or might just be a scare-tactic by the bears

I for one wish that if we are going to break 139, please let it happen tomorrow so I can fully position for the downside going into ER. I loaded some hedge at 150 151 but not enough since I expect the 140s to hold. Market will probably hold the 140s going into ER though. The scariest thing would be one massive red candle after numbers and I cant do nothing about it.

I’m fully hedged with May 2024 150 puts which I got in at a very good price.

At some point before ER I want to convert these into a calendar spread by selling puts for 80 or 90 strike price perhaps one year out especially with IV now spiking.

In case of a crash I will let go my remaining TSLA shares and hope to get assigned on the 80 or 90 puts.

Any thoughts on this strategy? I know @Max Plaid uses calendar spreads so tagging him too.

🩸

$141 hit

1713784000340.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vikings123
I’m fully hedged with May 2024 150 puts which I got in at a very good price.

At some point before ER I want to convert these into a calendar spread by selling puts for 80 or 90 strike price perhaps one year out especially with IV now spiking.

In case of a crash I will let go my remaining TSLA shares and hope to get assigned on the 80 or 90 puts.

Any thoughts on this strategy? I know @Max Plaid uses calendar spreads so tagging him too.
Mostly my calendar spreads are with weekly shorts - admittedly right now, -p90's don't pay a lot on a weekly basis, and writing them out, say for Jan 2025 will get a nice $5 ro so, but by that time the SP may have bounced-backup again

My strategy, with the July +p150's is to offload them and the go heavy on CSP's with all my cash...

• Helpful
Reactions: vikings123
PSA: SMCI sub-700 in PM 😬
that would be me starting the SMCI wheel

friday's black swan spooked me so bad i am going back to the basics - see page 1

according to last night's chain, even 110 OTM CC gives a decent $1k income if stock drops further

no more spreads/IC - wipeout risk is very high; i'm finally terrified of these weekly surprise 20% moves

1713788304071.png

as for NVDA, my wheel starts at 625

friday's black swan spooked me so bad i am going back to the basics - see page 1

according to last night's chain, even 110 OTM CC gives a decent $1k income if stock drops further

no more spreads/IC - wipeout risk is very high; i'm finally terrified of these weekly surprise 20% moves

View attachment 1040644

Same here. Any thoughts on NVDA for today? The short sale restriction should be in effect today. I need to $800 to reposition myself for the potential downside.

View attachment 1040644

Well SMCI is like a meme-stock on acid... I'm going to keep rolling the -p1000's see what happens, have the +p's don't forget, so calendar diagonals, low risk other than early assignment

If the price can stick through open, I may just bite the bullet, shutdown the two spreads, move on with extreme caution. If you have a minute, please post an SMCI Vanna ... I loaded up the chain from CBOE , appears dealers can take it to 650 or 750 equally.