Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA gonna save the whole market next week ... mark my words ;)

Giga India, well behaved Elon, yes we are doing both RT and Gen 3 ....
Here is how I’m anticipating the earnings call will go:

Martin: Welcome…Elon would like to say a few words

Elon: Let me quickly answer the most important question that’s on investors mind. We are going balls to the wall on Robotaxi. Nothing else matters.

Stock drops instantly and TSLA finishes green on the next trading day.

Here is how I’m anticipating the earnings call will go:

Martin: Welcome…Elon would like to say a few words

Elon: Let me quickly answer the most important question that’s on investors mind. We are going balls to the wall on Robotaxi. Nothing else matters.

Stock drops instantly and TSLA finishes green on the next trading day.
My Bingo card will include:

Delaware
56 BILLION
Iran
Interest Rates

Well, that was some ride today!

Fortunately I got the STO 5x NVDA -c900 @$32.1 executed in the last pop above $810 before it really went downhill... the flip sides that I did sell 5x -p900 yesterday, but my saving grace is that these are against Jan 2025 +p900's, which also gained a fair wedge of value, so the loss there isn't so bad, and some rolling opportunities together those -p900 expired so I can then offload the 500 shares put to me for $900 next year, having, in the meantime, sold weekly/monthly calls against those shares too, should be fine. Not what I had in mind though

SMCI, pfff, I had 4/26 -p930's open, and the extrinsic was totally gone, forced to roll. 5/3 -p1000's have enough extrinsic to park there and see how things evolve, I now have 4x of those.Also good news is that the Jan 2026 +p1000's I bought went up a good whack too, not so much the Jan 2026 +p800's, but loads of time to sort all that out

Just need to keep an eye on the extrinsic on these puts, roll in good time and try to get a lower strike from here owards

Will be amusing if NVDA and SMCI come with great earnings and it all shoots back up again, tile will tell!

Still holding 100x TSLA 4/26 -p140/-c150, TBH TSLA was pretty resilient today, not sure how to read that, next week will be interesting though, that's for sure. I'm thinking to roll the -c150's up and out to avoid Elon behaving and popping the stock, any downside I'm OK with though

yes, for this reason i am transitioning into Covered Short Strangles (instead of spreads): less income but more protection from black swans (twice already this year)

today's 0dte ~23% drop is even worse than the Feb -20%, enough to wipe out months of profits :mad:

View attachment 1040022

Yeah, given that I have SMCI -p1000, -p930 and NVDA -p900's open before the crash today and I'm not really bothered, that's the benefit of calendar diagonals, lot of time to recover this situation. If they were spreads I'd be in a far less jovial mood

Reactions: Yoona and Noneduck
My Bingo card will include:

Delaware
56 BILLION
Iran
Interest Rates

A few from mine:
  • The economy continues to be in a precarious state
  • People are tightening spending, can’t afford to buy cars
  • Difficult times ahead
  • If you can’t handle the volatility don’t own the stock
  • Red wave
  • Order of magnitude
  • Prototypes are easy, production is hard
  • In the low cost EV segment the Chinese will devour any competition
  • Autonomy is the future
  • Step Change
  • Reasonably optimistic
  • Not many people understand this
  • By a factor of…
  • Ketamine laugh
  • To be honest, the length time between Tesla’s next growth waves may be longer than we anticipate and is outside of our control
  • Machine that builds the machine
  • The entire earth is our market
  • Extremely confident will happen this year…
  • Ha ha ha…

A few from mine:
  • The economy continues to be in a precarious state
  • People are tightening spending, can’t afford to buy cars
  • Difficult times ahead
  • If you can’t handle the volatility don’t own the stock
  • Red wave
  • Order of magnitude
  • Prototypes are easy, production is hard
  • In the low cost EV segment the Chinese will devour any competition
  • Autonomy is the future
  • Step Change
  • Reasonably optimistic
  • Not many people understand this
  • By a factor of…
  • Ketamine laugh
  • To be honest, the length time between Tesla’s next growth waves may be longer than we anticipate and is outside of our control
  • Machine that builds the machine
  • The entire earth is our market
  • Extremely confident will happen this year…
  • Ha ha ha…
You forgot this.....

1713565109095.png

wow, that’s a good chart..
I read on BB that the Mag 7 erased 967B in market cap THIS WEEK,,, lets just round that up to 1 TRILLION.. that’s gonna leave a mark.

If you are IN or trading NVDA, my base case target for this correction is $675,,, adjusted a tad ~ $680. As I said earlier this week, this is moving to a $7xx, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be $6xx before this is all said and done. I’ll be adding there.

Last edited:
I read on BB that the Mag 7 erased 967B in market cap THIS WEEK,,, lets just round that up to 1 TRILLION.. that’s gonna leave a mark.

If you are IN or trading NVDA, my base case target for this correction is $675,,, adjusted a tad ~ $680. As I said earlier this week, this is moving to a $7xx, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be $6xx before this is all said and done. I’ll be adding there.
The time to get in with +c's / -p's is before ER; it's a month away so six handle is possible.

I hope you are wrong 🤣

Do you have a base case for TSLA?

Asking for many friends ;)

Post in thread 'Selling TSLA Options - Be the House'
Wiki - Selling TSLA Options - Be the House
"TSLA is in break down IMHO, I’m pretty sure we’ll get under $140 at this point, if not settle somewhere between $128-140, I’ll be a buyer in there somewhere."

Thanks Tivoboy.

Just wondering how are you getting to these numbers on NVDA, TSLA, etc.....was it TA or you a practitioner of some sort of voodoo?

Reactions: khill
"TSLA is in break down IMHO, I’m pretty sure we’ll get under $140 at this point, if not settle somewhere between $128-140, I’ll be a buyer in there somewhere."

Thanks Tivoboy.

Just wondering how are you getting to these numbers on NVDA, TSLA, etc.....was it TA or you a practitioner of some sort of voodoo?
I throw a handful of bones on the floor..try and divine some Kanji number from their shape and then add to that the numerical day of the week.

But really, it’s TA, VWAP, historical price action, time spent at various levels, again VOLUME of buyers vs. sellers at various support or resistance levels, relative performance, RSI, not really MACD, mccl occilators all rolled into one…. Oh, and SOME amount of fundamentals or macro/sector analysis but with momo stocks that’s really not one of the top components.

pull back to 10,000 ft and look at the chart that @Jim Holder posted last night.. what do you see?

Post in thread 'Selling TSLA Options - Be the House'
Wiki - Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

I posted this I think over a month ago.. there are NO BUYERS here… look at the volume, both equity and options. Where is the incremental buyer? Who wants to support this. Obviously nobody who is a holder wants it to go down at all (well, maybe one person, not me) but for a stock to go up they ALL have to want to buy more or find MORE PPL who want to buy the stock. Until that interest changes, it’s not going to find support or appreciate measurably.

NFA

Last edited:

Puru thinks $550 😮. I need a bounce $800 so I can reposition.

Reactions: DaBooster