Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly getting tired of all the drama and the slow bleed, lower each passing day/week. And being flat on short calls/puts due to the uncertainty (“don’t short here”). Plus still stuck with 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can assign at around $134-$138 😭

I just want to sell everything and take a break. May be the worst time to do so though at the 52-week low and tall 150 put/GEX wall.

Maybe ATM CCs or -C170 is the answer vs just selling here?

View attachment 1039585

What a mess, no?. The few LEAPS that I bought for 2026 are destroyed. I am already counting them as a total lost in my head and I going to let them ride out. I need $280 by Jan 2026 to breakeven.

I wonder if enough shareholders will vote to pass the 2018 pay package given where the stock is today and self-inflicted Elon drama the past couple years. Terrible time to ask for it if you ask me.

I also don’t know what would happen if the vote fails.

Look who retweet this:

Screenshot_20240418-083309.png

A lot of people are fed up with Elon.

It was supposed to be a joke. I see 3 difficult questions, therefore 3 red candles.

Grrr….

What do you make of this SP weakness and what’s your guess how deep will it go before the pain stops?

The lack of heavy put OI below $150 is 👀 unless they’re waiting for Monday to save on Theta burn (or India announcement)?

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed
Tesla gets a downgrade from Deutsche Bank

The tough times will continue for Tesla, according to Deutsche Bank. Analyst Emmanuel Rosner downgraded the electric vehicle maker to hold from buy. He also slashed his price target to $123 from $189 🩸

The new forecast implies downside of 20.9% over the next 12 months.

The downgrade is based on the "considerable risk from 'going balls to the wall for autonomy.'"

The analyst now expects $TSLA to delay the launch of the $25K Compact past its previous late-2025 launch date.

Rosner had previously rated Tesla as a buy, anticipating the introduction of a $25k next-gen vehicle late next year, which would have supported volumes, margins, and free cash flow.

However, the decision to delay this launch will create "significant" earnings and free cash flow pressure on 2026+ estimates, thus leading to the downgrade.

The future of Tesla, according to Rosner, will now be linked to "cracking the code on full driverless autonomy."

(Had Deutsche Bank always been from the low/bearish estimates?)

Grrr….

What do you make of this SP weakness and what’s your guess how deep will it go before the pain stops?

The lack of heavy put OI below $150 is 👀 unless they’re waiting for Monday to save on Theta burn (or India announcement)?
read the last 2 or 3 paragraphs. nothing has changed.
On the 1H timeframe, you can see that after the stock broke the 1h trend support at 174.6, it curled up to retest that level before gapping down the next day. This is a very common occurrence.
View attachment 1035301

On the 2H timeframe, the trend support was at 170-171. Since we have not tested it after the break down, I said there's a good chance we'll go up to test that level this week before any more downside can be expected. That's happening right now.
View attachment 1035302
Was 387k priced in? I don't know. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but what I can feel is there's at least 1 big buyer that's been buying up shares since last week. I think even if we go down to 153 or 145 that buyer is still going to buy so their existence doesn't preclude more downside from happening. I think ER date of 4/23 caught everyone by surprise a bit. What ended up happening was a lot of the 4/19 puts had to be closed, which led to 4/5 puts getting trashed as well and so we're recovering a bit here.

I think we're still going down into ER as we have made a lower low compared to the 166 low 2 weeks ago. That previous bounce is looking mighty like an ABC dead cat so I think we're in another leg down and not some retracement of that bounce. It's bouncing nicely now, but as we approach ER, sellers are going to resurface.

Multiple falling wedges can be drawn on the chart which shows this crash is now a bit long in the tooth. We're also approaching the end of a seasonally weak period for the stock which ends around the end of May. So I think 145, maybe a tiny bit lower. Falling wedges typically see each of their sides touched 3 times before terminating and we've only seen 2 touches to the downside. One more is due.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Honestly getting tired of all the drama and the slow bleed, lower each passing day/week. And being flat on short calls/puts due to the uncertainty (“don’t short here”). Plus still stuck with 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can assign at around $134-$138 😭

I just want to sell everything and take a break. May be the worst time to do so though at the 52-week low and tall 150 put/GEX wall.

Maybe ATM CCs or -C170 is the answer vs just selling here?

View attachment 1039585
I've been clearing out my long dated calls and down to 16 2025 CC's. Those were rolled out when we bounced from 100 and I was too close. For 4/19 I have 150, 155, 157, 160 and 162 CC's. I expect we'll test the 144 gap and hopefully bounce next week. If Elon gets his package, he's going to want to pump the stock. I expect some version of a physical robotaxi will be announced to be produced from Austin and that will help reassure the market. The robotaxi could in turn, be the chassis and foundation for a consumer compact car. After this week, I'll be mostly cleared out going into earnings. Some May 3 200 CC's, and then just 300+ 2025 calls.
If we hit 144 before earnings, it could be an interesting time to take a chance on some leaps.

Reactions: mickificki
I won't be surprised if Elon purposely takes Tesla down with him if the result is no, and then blame everyone for trying to break the advent of sustainable energy
"Let's see how Earth responds to that. If the company fails because of an advertising boycott Delaware," he said, "That's what everybody on Earth will know." -Elon 🤣

BTW....is Tesla able to see how I vote for these matters? I'd hate to vote against Elon and then they decide to never deliver my "2020" Roadster.

I'm in the same predicament. Might do ATM calls on up to 1/3 of my shares for next week.
Be careful, when all hope is lost, its not hard to have a short covering run up. We could bounce at 144, or crater. I bet that we'd drop this week, but I am taking money off the table and will listen to the earnings call with hope that there is a reasonable plan beyond balls to the walls.

Be careful, when all hope is lost, its not hard to have a short covering run up. We could bounce at 144, or crater. I bet that we'd drop this week, but I am taking money off the table and will listen to the earnings call with hope that there is a reasonable plan beyond balls to the walls.
yes, chance of losing capital is too high and there is risk of losing income gained to date