Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aargh. Closed my -150/+160P for next week at a bit of a loss near the open. I still have my -165/+170 for Friday that is doing well. I missed out on selling CCs near the open. Now I wait to see if we recover because this is just a stupid MMD, or if we drift down the entire day and I really kick myself.
Have you considered establishing a rule to wait til the 1hr or 1day chart closes before making a decision?

Reactions: thenewguy1979
BTO 10x +P150 4/26 @4.80 (2nd roundtrip)

1710771349578.png

I noticed several of these too, like no turn signal when entering the highway, and preference for LEFT most lane even when it was clear that other cars were doing 10+ miles above posted speed and the car won’t allow any speed ABOVE posted of that nature. I hate ppl like that (who get into the left lane and just lock it into the posted maximum) it’s dangerous for all OTHER drivers who will either tailgate (hate that too) or have to constantly move around them - passing on the right at speed - just to keep going at either their 5+ or 10+ speed often just with traffic.

Wrong thread, I know.

Reactions: DaBooster
I noticed several of these too, like no turn signal when entering the highway, and preference for LEFT most lane even when it was clear that other cars were doing 10+ miles above posted speed and the car won’t allow any speed ABOVE posted of that nature. I hate ppl like that (who get into the left lane and just lock it into the posted maximum) it’s dangerous for all OTHER drivers who will either tailgate (hate that too) or have to constantly move around them - passing on the right at speed - just to keep going at either their 5+ or 10+ speed often just with traffic.

Wrong thread, I know.
Dog got 2 TSLA, model X and Y, both with FSD. No update receive. That's warrant more downside in my book.

• Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid
One can assume lots of things. Doesn't make them true.

Very FEW of my own disengagements, for example, are to avoid accidents. Much more often they're to either avoid FSDb making an incorrect navigation decision (with no accident danger) or to avoid annoying other drivers because of weird non-human-like stuff FSDb does that wouldn't necessarily cause an accident.

If V12 is more "human like" I'd expect a significant drop in disengagements for myself even without changing the likely accident rate at all

Also this discussion probably belongs here:
When talking about robotaxi disengagement, we are only talking about safety critical. No one cares if a robotaxi needs an accelerator press because it's taking too long to think. That is part of an autonomous future. What you are talking about is perfect driving which no company will need to do that in order to be a robotaxi.

When talking about robotaxi disengagement, we are only talking about safety critical.

If right now a lot of peoples disengagements are like mine-- mostly comfort/routing problems rather than safety ones-- and V12 fixes THOSE (but not the safety ones) then you'll see a large drop in disengagement while not actually getting ANY improvement in safety for example.

Whereas if most disengagements today ARE for safety, and you see a huge drop, then there is such an improvement.

But you have no way to know if FSDb disengagements are "safety critical" or not.

Thus a change in rate does not, inherently, tell you much useful about potential accident rates.

Especially when there's entire pieces of the system that do not exist yet to be able to be an RT (complete OEDR and an L4 fallback capability to name two). Right now the human is doing those tasks. We've no idea how well the CAR can do them until the car starts doing them.

• Informative
Reactions: 2Pearls