Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
crossed the line and macd ready to flip bullish
View attachment 1016232
Thanks Yoona.

Waiting for your great NVDA post on the other forum :)

EW update: TSLA hit purple iv / (b) and is now likely heading up toward $200-$205 area. Expect a long slog and zig zag to get there. @dl003 does this match with what you're seeing on your chart/count?

1707333669926.png

We should be bullish. The good doc this morning got his Puts assigned. Took a bullet for the team. A good man indeed :)
Far out DEEP ITM puts being assigned (as painful as it can be) is actually bullish, its usually means the put holder thinks the Delta is at a relative maximum, take the money and deploy elsewhere. We’ll see.

There's like no excitement over the potential of a breakout when you know in your gut that the stock price is going to be right back down the 180's and potentially lower depending on macro's sometime in the next 1-3 months. 🥴

Oh well, if we do manage to rally up to 215-220 area, I'll use that as an excuse to sell some more CC's.

Last edited:
Yeah there would have to be a material breakdown in Tesla's business and/or a huge macro selloff to get the stock back down to the 100-125 area. The FCF Tesla printed in Q4 combined with there cash balance now makes it much harderr to justify 100/share. I still think the 146 gap gets filled but I think it'll literally a single day, intraday dip from say 160 to 146 and then recover to 155-160 level.

I'm just hoping that the day it happens, I'm not preoccupied or away from my pc to where I can't take advantage. But knowing my luck, that's exactly what's going to happen :rolleyes:
Can't you enter your orders and just let them sit in case the time comes when you aren't watching?

Can't you enter your orders and just let them sit in case the time comes when you aren't watching?
There would be multiple moves I would be making and they would need to be in a certain sequence of executing to manage cash while making the moves. So it's something where I would need to be entering trades and follow up trades one right after the other.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
There's like no excitement over the potential of a breakout when you know in your gut that the stock price is going to be right back down the 180's and potentially lower depending on macro's sometime in the next 1-3 months. 🥴

Oh well, if we do manage to rally up to 215-220 area, I'll use that as an excuse to sell some more CC's.
There’s excitement for those that profit from the ride in either direction, like us here! We learned to make a meal out of what we get. HODL’rs Bootcamp 🤩

EW update: TSLA hit purple iv / (b) and is now likely heading up toward $200-$205 area. Expect a long slog and zig zag to get there. @dl003 does this match with what you're seeing on your chart/count?

View attachment 1016238
Just to offer my understanding of this chart, the two targets are actually alternatives.. not successive targets. If price rejects sufficiently at the first target, we will be going lower toward the 170’s again before finally bottoming

Reactions: Jim Holder
There’s excitement for those that profit from the ride in either direction, like us here! We learned to make a meal out of what we get. HODL’rs Bootcamp 🤩
The risk/reward just bleh at the moment for any selling CC's. No way would I sell CC's down here or anywhere between here and 210 and the next couple months seems like it's just going to be chop between 180-210 with some very briefs spikes/drops of 20 points in either direction of the 180-210 range. I'll wait for those briefs spikes or drops below or above the 180-210 range because the issue with chop is that on a weekly basis, the stock can (and is) easily being pushed around by other motives and it'll be impossible to tell the weekly direction.

I guess if you're playing selling CC's at a higher enough range to have a clear buffer a spike out of that range pf 210'ish area, it's safe but again, the risk/reward here is just bleh because the premiums suck. Not worth being caught with my pants down.

It'll like be some blindsiding news or just a random huge influx of volume that actually shoots the stock out of this range. I know around this area or lower is the time to be buying more LEAPS near the money for June 2026 but then you have the impending macro pullback that's probably going to happen over the next 1-2 months.

So just a period of sitting on my hands for me.

Last edited:
The risk/reward just bleh at the moment for any selling CC's. No way would I sell CC's down here or anywhere between here and 210 and the next couple months seems like it's just going to be chop between 180-210 with some very briefs spikes/drops of 20 points in either direction of the 180-210 range. I'll wait for those briefs spikes or drops below or above the 180-210 range because the issue with chop is that on a weekly basis, the stock can (and is) easily being pushed around by other motives and it'll be impossible to tell the weekly direction.

I guess if you're playing selling CC's at a higher enough range to have a clear buffer a spike out of that range pf 210'ish area, it's safe but again, the risk/reward here is just bleh because the premiums suck. Not worth being caught with my pants down.

It'll like be some blindsiding news or just a random huge influx of volume that actually shoots the stock out of this range

The beauty of trading is everyone could be as conservative as they like ;- )

I don’t know how much money is considered worth the effort for you, but for me bringing in $5k-$10k a week from simple scalps on 10-20% of my shares, like selling March/April $210-$240 CCs on opening pops, and any other other spikes during the day, and BTC at the inevitable MMD and fades same day or next is quite profitable. Since the date and strike is not close, there is time to fix things in case things go the wrong way. But you need to have a system in place and be on top of it.

The beauty of trading is everyone could be as conservative as they like ;- )

I don’t know how much money is considered worth the effort for you, but for me bringing in $5k-$10k a week from simple scalps on 10-20% of my shares, like selling March/April $210-$240 CCs on opening pops, and any other other spikes during the day, and BTC at the inevitable MMD and fades same day or next is quite profitable. Since the date and strike is not close, there is time to fix things in case things go the wrong way. But you need to have a system in place and be on top of it.
Yup I'd love to have the time and flexibility to do intraday trading but just don't have that flexibility. So I have to be much more cautious with my strategies.

Remember when I said I sold 100x 2/16 -c175 to "stop the rot", I was just kidding!! 😆

Anyway, with things looking a bit bullish, I decided to split my risk so BTC 50x -c175 and STO 50x -c200 + 50x -p200

Still 50x -c175 remaining, but that's a much easier proposition to deal with
Now I re-read this, it's like I was kidding that I made that trade, no I did make that trade yesterday, rather I meant I was kidding to do it to stop the rot, but it "worked", as it always does, the moment I feel the need to do something nuclear, that's the moment not to do it, because it always reverses!

Anyway, it think flipping half the 100x -c175's to 50x -200 straddles was quite smart, if I kept the 100x -c175's and the stock goes to $200 then that's -$250k, with the 50x -c175/-p200 inverted strangle, if the SP stays inside the range, it's -$125k, so halved the maximum loss, but almost guaranteed that loss, well less if you factor out the 100x $6.7 for the initial -c175's plus 50x -p175's @$4.3, only around $20k absolute loss

So aside the inverted strangle, there's also 50x -p175/-c200 regular strange in place too, but these legs are relatively likely to expire, will look to close them out early if possible, and then that allows the possibility to 2x the number of contracts on the roll - for one side or possibly both sides of the invert will need to be rolled, maybe one side expires, who knows, but exposure is reduced dramatically

Does this all make sense...?

To summarise: 50x -p175, 50x -c175, 50x -p200, 50x -c200

Now I re-read this, it's like I was kidding that I made that trade, no I did make that trade yesterday, rather I meant I was kidding to do it to stop the rot, but it "worked", as it always does, the moment I feel the need to do something nuclear, that's the moment not to do it, because it always reverses!

Anyway, it think flipping half the 100x -c175's to 50x -200 straddles was quite smart, if I kept the 100x -c175's and the stock goes to $200 then that's -$250k, with the 50x -c175/-p200 inverted strangle, if the SP stays inside the range, it's -$125k, so halved the maximum loss, but almost guaranteed that loss, well less if you factor out the 100x $6.7 for the initial -c175's plus 50x -p175's @$4.3, only around $20k absolute loss

So aside the inverted strangle, there's also 50x -p175/-c200 regular strange in place too, but these legs are relatively likely to expire, will look to close them out early if possible, and then that allows the possibility to 2x the number of contracts on the roll - for one side or possibly both sides of the invert will need to be rolled, maybe one side expires, who knows, but exposure is reduced dramatically

To summarise: 50x -p175, 50x -c175, 50x -p200, 50x -c200
Just keep on doing what you're doing Max. Stock is pumping.

Your strategy is as unique as Jim and Yoona. Just keep at it till it's no longer working.

How that 10K stocks buyback doing so far?

Reactions: Max Plaid

To summarize: 50x -p175, 50x -c175, 50x -p200, 50x -c200
Wow! That's a lot to juggle. With so many plates in the air how do you keep track of which legs belong to what trade?