Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have plenty room above if ER send us a $50 dollar NVDA candle instead of to the ER:

IMG_5023.jpeg

Sigh....June 2026 LEAPS finally open up trading but the stock is down so much from its relative high a month ago and volatility is dropped so much that the premium isn't not worth it to me to sell CC's.

The intent is clear to me, keep the stock below the 2+ year downtrend line with buffer to absorb any surprise positive news such as the CPI print incoming in anticipation of Q4 earnings in 2 weeks. The nonstop hit pieces and negative Tesla articles has noticeably increased in the past month.

Seems anything but a blowout earnings report will be treated negatively, and the stock will be punished. Even if TSLA meets expectations, I expect the stock to be sold off hard when they break the uptrend line from last Jan's low around earnings since it's now not that far from the current share price today. It'll be around 224-225/share by earnings date.

I just don't see Tesla having anything in terms of positive news to counter a pre-planned sell off except for Cybertruck production rate being higher than expected (doubtful) or Energy having a large jump in revenue recognition quarter to quarter while margins continue to improve (definitely possible). There's some talk that Tesla is trying to get V12 out before the earnings report but Wall St is simply going to ignore that. A FSD China release could definitely cause the surprise breakout but the rumors of that release being beginning of Jan have come and gone. Really just nothing to get excited about Tesla business-wise for the next 6 months at least.

The only silver lining is that a break of the uptrend low will probably turn a sell off into a major sell off down to possibly 150'ish area so would be good chance to close out my CC's, buy some more 2026 LEAPS and roll my current LEAPS. But I'd be taking on some risk in doing that and I prefer not to go down that road but it seems i should start to prep for that scenario playing out.

Part of me thinks I should just bite the bullet and sell CC's 2026 LEAPS on a handful of shares to get some cash before the stock goes into major selloff. But the other part of me knows that once the surprise catalyst come, whatever it may be, the stock will explode out of the gate 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Sigh....June 2026 LEAPS finally open up trading but the stock is down so much from its relative high a month ago and volatility is dropped so much that the premium isn't not worth it to me to sell CC's.

The intent is clear to me, keep the stock below the 2+ year downtrend line with buffer to absorb any surprise positive news such as the CPI print incoming in anticipation of Q4 earnings in 2 weeks. The nonstop hit pieces and negative Tesla articles has noticeably increased in the past month.

Seems anything but a blowout earnings report will be treated negatively, and the stock will be punished. Even if TSLA meets expectations, I expect the stock to be sold off hard when they break the uptrend line from last Jan's low around earnings since it's now not that far from the current share price today. It'll be around 224-225/share by earnings date.

I just don't see Tesla having anything in terms of positive news to counter a pre-planned sell off except for Cybertruck production rate being higher than expected (doubtful) or Energy having a large jump in revenue recognition quarter to quarter while margins continue to improve (definitely possible). There's some talk that Tesla is trying to get V12 out before the earnings report but Wall St is simply going to ignore that. A FSD China release could definitely cause the surprise breakout but the rumors of that release being beginning of Jan have come and gone. Really just nothing to get excited about Tesla business-wise for the next 6 months at least.

The only silver lining is that a break of the uptrend low wil probably turn a sell off into a major sell off down to possibly 150'ish area so would be good chance to close out my CC's, buy some more 2026 LEAPS and roll my current LEAPS. But I'd be taking on some risk in doing that and I prefer not to go down that road.
Maybe you BUY them, before you sell them?