Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! There’s our ol’ TSLA giving back a chunk of its gains in the same session.

Glad I sold a bunch of calls at $177 and BTC some short puts even though $180-$220 was ‘threatening’ to steamroll tomorrow 😎
The real ol' TSLA will still outperform the macro's today...only to severely underperform tomorrow :rolleyes:

That's the good ol' TSLA we all know

Nobody, except 1 guy who stood by his call, not by how many cars were delivered, but by what he saw in the tape.
I'm still looking for that one person who meticulously documents all their calls in a spreadsheet, tabulates their misses and hits and publishes those. Like Troy does for P&D ;)

If anyone can consistently get even 60% right, they will be worth their weight in gold to hedge funds ...just sayin'.

1712258162688.png

Can anyone explain what the billions in TSLA buying was this morning, only for it to give back half or more of its pop in hours.

Was it perhaps shorts/puts moving from 4/19 to 4/26 (because of the surprise move of ER date) and closing puts=buying shares=a pop, then opening the new shorts/put brought SP down again (helped along with macro fade), or is something else going on?

Reactions: CHGolferJim
I'm still looking for that one person who meticulously documents all their calls in a spreadsheet, tabulates their misses and hits and publishes those. Like Troy does for P&D ;)

If anyone can consistently get even 60% right, they will be worth their weight in gold to hedge funds ...just sayin'.

View attachment 1035579
I have all my trades since 2021 in Excel, I need them to calculate my taxes (brokers in Belgium don't do this as personal stock market transactions aren't normally subject to capital-gains taxes, except when they are... but as I trade in a company account, I do pay taxes, and they need to be calculated and self-declared, so I have every open and close trade side-by side with the gain/loss)

Reactions: EVNow

View attachment 1035579
I follow a few people here and there as what they do seems to compliment my model very well. So I don't take everything they say or predict as a whole, but just tidbits here and there.

Back to the Uber guy: I thought the 180-220 range was way too big to be taken seriously as a whole. Though, the market internals that led to that call can still be incorporated into our own model, without the crazy 465k delivery or whatever else he may have said. I think we'd be trading above 180 right now had Tesla not missed the number by 50k. 50k is a disastrous miss. Like really really bad. So, 1st week he nailed it. This week, he missed it, by his standard, by a lot. Doesn't look like we're going to close the week above 180. Still, the mere fact that he remained bullish since Tuesday was pretty surprising. Also, there's something important under the surface that he's reporting to us: someone is buying a lot of shares. Personally, that's the same thing I've been seeing so what it does for me is I give more weight to reversal candles off the lows, like these 3 4H candles that just refused to break the 4H trend support. If nothing else, I can use his feed to monitor option flow. Good info can be found in unexpected places.

1712258231783.png

Last edited:
Nearing a standard support for a wave (4), but then again it's zoomed ALL the way out to the 3-minute so take it FWIW.
Below $170.70 enters diagonal territory, and below $168 may represent a failed setup.

1712258730032.png

Credit: MarkA

View attachment 1035579

With the exception of the publishing part, I just may do this for purposes of my own personal reflection / growth.

I follow a few people here and there as what they do seems to compliment my model very well. So I don't take everything they say or predict as a whole, but just tidbits here and there.
Not a knock on you at all. I do exactly what you are saying - look at many TAs to get a sense of what the market participants are thinking.

Just pointing out (to newbies, mostly) not to consider any one person as an Oracle and bet the house on what they say.

I have all my trades since 2021 in Excel, I need them to calculate my taxes (brokers in Belgium don't do this as personal stock market transactions aren't normally subject to capital-gains taxes, except when they are... but as I trade in a company account, I do pay taxes, and they need to be calculated and self-declared, so I have every open and close trade side-by side with the gain/loss)
But thats not what I'm talking about - people who say SP will be at this price on this date (or week etc). I have not seen anyone rigorously put it in a spreadsheet and publish their forecast vs actuals.

To me its like the soothsayers. If they are real, do you know how much CIA would pay for them .... several "3rd world" countries, at least ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed and 2Pearls
Here’s where I always get confused. Buy them back now for 40% profit or no? On one hand great gains for the day. On the other hand I may not have a good opportunity to make that remaining 60% by next Friday anyway.
NFA I always take (decent) green when I see it. To me I can always re-STO from here or next break of support level if we continue going down. This way I still have the gains in my pocket in case of a reversal upside, and can get back in if it continues down. This approach did me very well.

NFA I always take (decent) green when I see it. To me I can always re-STO from here or next break of support level if we continue going down. This way I still have the gains in my pocket in case of a reversal upside, and can get back in if it continues down. This approach did me very well.
Bought them back for $1.51. $1.08 profit in a few hours. You’re right, take the money and run. Thanks for the NFA!