Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/26 -p205/+p165 look good to you? I left to sit 1/19 -p215/+p175 but could be a decent roll if needed, good lower IC position standalone.

1/19 options market predicting 205-230ish

1705425943390.png

That is a nice premium for $230 for this Friday...I'll join you, STO 200x C230s for this Friday against some of my newly-purchased shares from this AM.
BTC those for a nice $15k profit this AM, TY for making me think of this strike, @BornToFly - dinner at Dante's on Grant is on me if the timing ever works out, as a minor "TY!" :)

Now on to more fun, STO 200x C225s for this Friday instead. If @dl003 gets his run up to $232, I'll still be very happy with seeing this particular block of shares get called away at $225.
Again, ask yourself if you should be trading this stock. Don't want to be an asshole. Just want to remind how easily manipulated we can be sometimes.
Hmm...question asked of myself, and I answered back with a resounding "Absolutely not!" Then I clicked over to the Fidelity tab... 🤣

Do you think that will be a magnet, or make 230 Calls safe?
OI call walls are not the same as gamma walls

1705434626782.png

sp doesn't magnet or gravitate into a call wall, no matter how high it is

if sp is below but near a tall gamma wall, especially those with high OI, it will magnet into it going up (dealers buy shares)

if sp is above but near a tall gamma wall, especially those with high OI, it will magnet into it going down (dealers sell shares)

there are times where a tall gamma wall = tall OI wall, this almost always happens as we approach 0DTE (hence, the confusion)

this is why sp is gravitating towards 220, because it is the nearest tall gamma wall which also happens to have a lot of OI

Last edited:
OI call walls are not the same as gamma walls

View attachment 1009514

sp doesn't magnet or gravitate into a call wall, no matter how high it is

if sp is below but near a tall gamma wall, especially those with high OI, it will magnet into it going up (dealers buy shares)

if sp is above but near a tall gamma wall, especially those with high OI, it will magnet into it going down (dealers sell shares)

there are times where a tall gamma wall = tall call wall, this happens as we approach 0DTE (hence, the confusion)
Thanks for clarifying! I should really learn to call them gamma walls.

Reactions: DaBooster
next week max pain = 235 but gammas saying 200-210

if dealers succeed in pushing up sp near mp, the red walls shrink and the green walls climb

if they fail and we are near the tallest red walls, they become magnets

View attachment 1009515

To my untrained eye this looks like the options market is setting up for and earnings + forecast miss and subsequent dump.

The dilemma is how to play it in case they are wrong about the dump.

Reactions: SpeedyEddy
btc -C226.67 (don't know if I reported the open but SP was just a dollar up so mainly scalping Theta @ 0.33 "katsching".
So not any loss today, shares ending higher as well. Couldn't have guessed such an outcome at pre-open today.
Good thing I kept the promise to myself, to just do options (or just day trade shares, back in overnight)
Positions besides shares:
-/- TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Apr19'24 205 PUT (closed the April 190 with a profit as well, seeing the price action)
-/- TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Jul19'24 230 PUT
-/- TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Jun18'26 300 PUT
planning on letting these all run until 1/24 and close before ER thenif we get to much of a run up to get a feeling other than "sell the news".

Well that was a funny old day, eh?

And a bit of juice after-hours for good measure...

I did put a buy order for my 100x 1/26 -c240's in at close, but wasn't really serious and it didn't hit. Not that I think -c240's are particularly at risk, just to free up some contracts in case I need to roll the -c230's and/or -c220's

Last edited:
$224.9-$228.92 is sellable resistance. A close above $228.92 turns TSLA bullish to $241.82 in 3-5 days and retest of $256.06 in the following 2-3 weeks.

Staying below $224.82 keeps $194.07 in reach in 2-3 weeks and $178.35 by end of February.

If we lose $212.8 tomorrow then can expect $202.80 where we can round back up for a bounce before heading back down.

Worth a watch (8 minutes):

IMG_5167.jpeg

IMG_5169.jpeg

IMG_5170.jpeg

Last edited: