Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that happens I wait for the inevitable fade (even a few days/weeks if necessary) and/or roll up and out any caught positions for credit. If I can't I let it get called away, I'm okay with that too.

Because I'm VERY careful and conservative with choosing strikes and DTE before I STO a position, while keeping pulse on TSLA's ebb and flow of the day/week, I've had to roll a position very seldom. On most days I can count on TSLA giving me $2-$3 moves which is enough for me. Any more is simply a bonus.
Thank you!

Reactions: Jim Holder
Algo got excited just now:

View attachment 1005898

So inverse Algo is the right move....

1704401456541.png

If that happens I wait for the inevitable fade (even a few days/weeks if necessary) and/or roll up and out any caught positions for credit. If I can't, I let it get called away, I'm okay with that too.

Because I'm VERY careful and conservative with choosing strikes and DTE before I STO a position, while keeping pulse on TSLA's mood + ebb and flow of the day/week, I've had to roll a position very seldom (I've been quite burnt in the May/June 2023 run and learnt my lesson). On most days I can count on TSLA giving me $2-$3 moves which is enough for me. Any more is simply a bonus.

In general I'm experimenting with different dates and strikes but eventually I'm aiming for larger qty of contracts on a smaller set of dates. Need more time and real-world practice to flesh it out.

I also try to keep a qty of long-dated -C and -P contracts active all the time to capture the real big swings TSLA gives us 2-3 times a year.
-C and -P means selling calls and selling puts ? am i right?

Reactions: BornToFly
Nice week for my formerly ITM short calls, closed all of them from 240-255 at 80-90%. I got pretty used to having them and now feeling kinda naked and exposed if we drop further. But not sure I want to sell more for next week down here with ER coming up.

My guess is flat to down next week for annual options expiration (223 gap fill finally?) and then up the next week going into ER.

Nice week for my formerly ITM short calls, closed all of them from 240-255 at 80-90%. I got pretty used to having them and now feeling kinda naked and exposed if we drop further. But not sure I want to sell more for next week down here with ER coming up.

My guess is flat to down next week for annual options expiration (223 gap fill finally?) and then up the next week going into ER.

I wonder if the fade into closing was due to unknown (or someone actually knows…) re any pricing changes coming tonight.

I feel the same way about the cadence you outlined for the next couple weeks.

Reactions: MikeC
Again, I'm not saying ER will crash the stock. How many times do I have to repeat it?
This is me responding to @Jim Holder on his question regarding taking a directional bet, what I'd do if I was betting against the stock.
When I turn bearish, you're going to hear about it. I'm not, yet.
Got it. Cleared.

Be protective till end of January - checked
Don't get into any Bull-Poop Trap - checked
Wait for DI003 to turn into Bear - checked

Thanks

I'd like to fade this algo. Bottom tomorrow around 231-232.
Below is the cheapest and highest ratio max loss to win plan (10x) for tomorrow. Max profit at 232.5.
Got to monitor it or do GTC auto closing at middle strike prices.

Or do the debit put spread but max win loss ratio I could get was 1:4 (4x)

Pricing to entry should be cheaper tomorrow as below are afterhours rates.

1704405093295.png

1704405497682.png

Reactions: DaBooster and dl003
I wonder if the fade into closing was due to unknown (or someone actually knows…) re any pricing changes coming tonight.

I feel the same way about the cadence you outlined for the next couple weeks.
Hedging for BLS tomorrow maybe? ADP was HIGH, if BLS is stronger than expected - which should be considered a December, XMAS, Hanukkah anomaly for this past year, would raise the 10 yr. (I know I KNOW), increase $DXY strength, and lower prices for stocks.

I mean AMZN hired 250K ppl this holiday season year, more than IN HISTORY.. UPS similar. I think both retail and travel were really incented to get the last share of wallet from the American consumer. Move inventory, fill seats on planes (we’re now back to 2019 levels of daily passengers, although FEWER flights overall) and hotels, lodging as well, and sell down as much product as humanly possible. Black Friday was ONE thing, the deals before were even better, but it was the deals AFTER BF that took the cake.

Last edited:
Below is the cheapest and highest ratio max loss to win plan (10x) for tomorrow. Max profit at 232.5.
Got to monitor it or do GTC auto closing at middle strike prices.

Or do the debit put spread but max win loss ratio I could get was 1:4 (4x)

Pricing to entry should be cheaper tomorrow as below are afterhours rates.

View attachment 1005924

View attachment 1005930
Nice trade, are you IN this? you might have to wait till later in the day for it do step drop and make ppl bite. Normally, I would say “till you see the whites of their eyes” but your nails probably need a trim anyway, no clicking around on the kitchen floor. ;-)

Nice trade, are you IN this? you might have to wait till later in the day for it do step drop and make ppl bite. Normally, I would say “till you see the whites of their eyes” but your nails probably need a trim anyway, no clicking around on the kitchen floor. ;-)
No biting. I'm a trained dog. Waiting till Market open and will see from there. These Short Iron Butterfly work best when there's a defined target toward the end of the week. Great in theory but not sure how well in execution. DI003 provided the targets I just bite. Cheap shot why not?