Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, $2.68 would need SP to be 215 or so. My broker (Fidelity) doesn't allow that set, it's too far away from last trade. Set mine at projected price for SP at 222 ... happy to trade that just the same.
I got rid of all of them, still on a loss. No V-shape, Put wall too big. and @dl003 possibly will be right (thus deserving an honored-member-seat instead of leaving. It is ok to be a bit wrong (else I would have been ordered to leave long time ago for being very much wrong)

Reactions: intelligator
QTA Levels for today

1697722652368.png

$220 seems solid support (massive buy orders)

1697722735985.png

All the calls for Friday are nearly gone:

1697722812881.png

Bought back my JAN2024 -190cc's. Wanted to up my share count so I sold some $240puts for tomorrow @$12. In case we rebound I won't have shares but nice premiums. In case we don't rebound I'm happy with the shares and will look for a bottom with my remaining cash. (for LEAP purchasing, or shares, or put selling, still thinking it over)

Before earnings plan was to wait till Dec/Jan to roll and determine strikes ... but now did it.

Rolled Jan 24 CCs(in 360-370) range to Jan 25 500 CCs. (For now 500 seems safe :) )

75-80% gains on Jan 24 CC's (must have made like total $12 on each CC sold for whole year). Sold Jan 25 500 Calls in the 6.60-6.80 price range.

380 shares and 20 Dec 25 250 Calls with the proceeds. No change in # of Shares in account .... white swan of FSD is the only thing to worry about on the upside:) cheers!!

+ My day to day infatuation with the SP is over :) relax and watch it from the sidelines now :) Still hoping for a big pay day on all the calls I have accumulated for jan 25 onwards ....

++ my personal account likely looks ugly ... haven't looked at it yet ;)

Last edited:
But now I willl do "IT" again!
bought another LEAP 220 jan '26 against selling 2 puts, only 200's needed this time. No bad deal, so now I got 3 LEAPS for free if SP does not totally collapse like EOY '22 (uh ohhhh)
Oh man, I get PTSD reading this. I thought I was clever before the Elon selling dump by selling long term puts AND buying LEAPS with some of the proceeds.
And selling BPS (bull put spreads).
Cause we'd NEVER go below $200 again, ever.

Got margin called, sliced my portfolio by 30 to 50%, and I've been playing it a lot safer since then. I was fortunate enough to walk away with enough to rebuild. But I'm going for the slower approach now.

Oh man, I get PTSD reading this. I thought I was clever before the Elon selling dump by selling long term puts AND buying LEAPS with some of the proceeds.
And selling BPS (bull put spreads).
Cause we'd NEVER go below $200 again, ever.

Got margin called, sliced my portfolio by 30 to 50%, and I've been playing it a lot safer since then. I was fortunate enough to walk away with enough to rebuild. But I'm going for the slower approach now.
yeah that is the "uh ohhhh" (were have I done that before and why is it different this time)

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
At this morning's weakness:

STO 2x -P300 12/2025 LEAPS and used the proceeds to buy back 10x -C500 12/2025. Leaving me with 50x -C500 12/2025 @ $40.44 and 14x -P300 10/2025 @ $93.28 on my 6,000 longs. I also have 8x +C150 12/2025 @ $135.81 (currently red $18k).

I'll probably flip the LEAPS around when we get back up to $250-$300 area wherever that will be or just leave them alone.

Last edited:
BTC 105x Sep 2024 -c300's @$22.5 -> 50% profits, might flip these to "safe" weeklies given the bearish sentiment

STO 70x -230 straddle for this week @$8.5 -> I figure we might not go much lower for the moment, and chance of recovery to 230, so I take my chances on that

Still open 70x -250 straddles, waiting to see off there's a recovery for closing out the puts, the calls I'm pretty sure will expire, let them go and save the broker fees

Reactions: Nocturnal
My belief was 223 was the lowest for today. A bounce is always anticipated after such large deflation. Dont want to have any puts remain in plays. Rather wait and reenter. Learned my lessons from my days at wallstreetbet ;)

The earning was not that bad. Just the tones of delivery. The downgrade by Analyst reflected that - tiny.

...and here come the rebound.....

For those that understand options backend plumbing, is flipping short -C500 12/2025 calls for -P300 12/2025 short puts something worthwhile to keep doing on weakness? My thinking is better to be exposed to buying shares at around $200 in 2025 than capping upside.

I'm asking in case I may be missing something.

Reactions: UncaNed