Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Model X 75D Bought November 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not a smart man....I impulsively bought the Model X because I love Tesla in theory and I'm a big Elon fan but it is not the right car for me for a number of reasons.

I know I am going to lose a lot of money on the sale but I am hoping to keep the bleeding to a minimum. Hopefully you fine people on this forum can help me figure out a fair price. Perhaps someone on here will be interested in purchasing it.

I am fine driving it for a few more months, but I know now that ultimately I do not wish to own this car indefinitely.

I work in an industry where I feel like driving a super nice car is not a good thing for me.

I have attempted to post the window sticker. There are about 4500 miles on it. Otherwise it is like new.

It's Blue.

Any advice is welcome and thank you for reading!

Jeff
Tesla Model X window sticker.png

Onlyusedtesla.com is another place to post. U can also get a gauge of how to price it. Also if you purchased any accessories your might want to list those too. Remember if u try to sell here on TMC the Tesla for Sale is not a true classified section and there is a trolling community on the sellers page. They will most likely highjack your thread in the guise of helping you. GL

Thank you for the offer but I am looking for more than that and I can afford to hold out for a few months.

No worries, just food for thought. New owner cannot realize the $7,500.00 rebate on your vehicle. New inventory or loaner vehicles are discounted pretty well and still qualify for the rebate. We also don' know if the vehicle you're selling is one of those vehicles which might go for 85-90k direct from Tesla with an additional $7,500 tax credit available.

The first 1-3 years is where the most depreciation will occur and 20-25% year one is pretty average. I really do wish you luck selling, just be prepared to take a bit of a beating. I picked up a (PUP, EAP, C.F. trim, sunroof) 2016.08 MS from a local private seller with 3k miles for $55k on AutoTrader.

No worries, just food for thought. New owner cannot realize the $7,500.00 rebate on your vehicle. New inventory or loaner vehicles are discounted pretty well and still qualify for the rebate. We also don' know if the vehicle you're selling is one of those vehicles which might go for 85-90k direct from Tesla with an additional $7,500 tax credit available.

The first 1-3 years is where the most depreciation will occur and 20-25% year one is pretty average. I really do wish you luck selling, just be prepared to take a bit of a beating. I picked up a (PUP, EAP, C.F. trim, sunroof) 2016.08 MS from a local private seller with 3k miles for $55k on AutoTrader.

@ChicagolandMX,

That had to be a bare bones 60. Correct?

Ski

I am not a smart man....I impulsively bought the Model X because I love Tesla in theory and I'm a big Elon fan but it is not the right car for me for a number of reasons.

I know I am going to lose a lot of money on the sale but I am hoping to keep the bleeding to a minimum. Hopefully you fine people on this forum can help me figure out a fair price. Perhaps someone on here will be interested in purchasing it.

I am fine driving it for a few more months, but I know now that ultimately I do not wish to own this car indefinitely.

I work in an industry where I feel like driving a super nice car is not a good thing for me.

I have attempted to post the window sticker. There are about 4500 miles on it. Otherwise it is like new.

It's Blue.

Any advice is welcome and thank you for reading!

Jeff
View attachment 269733

@jhiggins24,

What specifically don’t you like about the X? Also will you go with an S or 3 or are you leaving the Tesla family entirely?

Ski

@ChicagolandMX,

That had to be a bare bones 60. Correct?

Ski

@Skione65

Refresh model, leather upgrade, carbon fiber accents, sunroof, enhanced auto pilot, 75kw battery (unlockable for $2k extra), premium upgrade package w/ bio defense mode, electric tailgate, sound. Far from bare bones, makes the wife happy and I don't feel guilty driving a loaded MX that cost twice as much.

Last edited:
I got a great deal when I got mine and that is a great deal sir . That's 7-10k under market value. Question tho. Do u have a 60 or 75? We know the 60 is unlockable but it's a 60 until unlocked. That was unclear. Still a good deal but a 60 and 75 have different market value so just curious.

I got a great deal when I got mine and that is a great deal sir . That's 7-10k under market value. Question tho. Do u have a 60 or 75? We know the 60 is unlockable but it's a 60 until unlocked. That was unclear. Still a good deal but a 60 and 75 have different market value so just curious.

I purchased it as a 60 with verification through Tesla that it had a 75kw pack installed. We charge it to 100% as a 60kw which is +/- 86% of the 75kw rated mileage. When we decide we need the extra 4% for daily driving, or will use for a trip, we'll look at upgrading. Till then we'll either wait till the price drops more or unlock it for extra resale value when that time comes (maybe $8k net added value to upgrade at today's values).

Reactions: Lee_B