Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking long term feedback from Visium owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the email I got today from Maurizio at Visium:

Dear __________________

Thank you for your email

For the Tesla Roadster we have two versions :

- Hardtop Visium Premium cost 2500 Euro, insured shipping included.

The offer includes:

- Visium Hardtop Premium , with anti-scratch treatment on both sides.
- DTC certification
- Protective Custody
- Cleaning Kit
-Insured shipping

The Hardtop Visium Premium are produced on demand
Waiting time from order is about 70 days.

or

-Hardtop Visium Basic cost 2150 Euro

The offer includes:

- Visium Hardtop Basic , with Anti-scratch treatment outer side only.
- DTC certification
-Insured shipping

The Hardtop Visium Basic are produced on demand
Waiting time from order is about 70 days.

Both versions are visually similar, but the basic version is
distinguished by a one-sided
anti-scratch.
The scratch resistance, and the optical quality of the premium version
is higher.

It only takes 5 minutes to install the hardtop visium, with 6 clamping bolts

On this link, you can see a visium hardtop
Exige V6 360 Panorama | 360Cities
I remain at your disposal for further clarification.

Best Regards

Maurizio Zanier

---------------------------------------------

Officine VISIUM
Via Verghetti Nr. 45
03014 Fiuggi (FR)
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.visium.it
If you're not sold on the concept, check out the 360-view link he has of the Elise. Might change your mind!

My new Visium top was a hit at Fully Charged in Austin/ COTA over the weekend...it was drawing raves from both roadster and non-roadster owners....at least 2, perhaps 3 said they would be ordering....

I'm totally happy with it...quieter than the soft-top, lighter than a hard-top, exposes the carbon fiber behind the driver instead of being covered by hard top.

The open feeling with it is close to being topless.

My new Visium top was a hit at Fully Charged in Austin/ COTA over the weekend...it was drawing raves from both roadster and non-roadster owners....at least 2, perhaps 3 said they would be ordering....

I'm totally happy with it...quieter than the soft-top, lighter than a hard-top, exposes the carbon fiber behind the driver instead of being covered by hard top.

The open feeling with it is close to being topless.

Honestly, I was so skeptical about it until seeing it in real life. That thing is on fire! It was such a well designed after market product that I kinda I feel like it may have inspired the S/3 glass roof...

It's great. And for that price grab it. I paid a lot more (over $4,000) for the same premium top but wanted piece of mind since the company was in the east coast. It appears they buy their tops from Italy and then to us owner's in the states. Mine also had a weird fit issue where both corners stuck out a bit which improved after putting more force on the exterior before screwing in the top.

OK - I'll give it another day or so and then I will try to send from another email address in case it was going to spam.

Thanks @Logticom
Definitely can take a few days to get back to you sometimes....but always replied to my emails eventually, within a week. He's working on Italy time, so more like Mexico siestas in the afternoons...

It's probably training you to be patient, since the top will take up to 8 weeks to arrive in the states after order, based on my experience... :)

Reactions: Matteni
Been waiting 40 days for my Roadster I purchased (10 days in shipping) and only got to enjoy it for an hour.

Been waiting 40 days for Tesla to reply to my email and register my car so I can setup appointments.

Yes - I can see Tesla Roadster ownership is a lesson in patience!

PS: My car FINALLY arrives in about 2 hours!

• Love
Reactions: im4uttx and drewski
Been waiting 40 days for Tesla to reply to my email and register my car so I can setup appointments.

Forget the email. Tesla.com now has ability to upload your docs to get the car added.

Login. Click on account. Scroll to the bottom of the options and go to "Ownership Transfer"

Car added in 2 days vs 4 months of frustration with the email!

Here is the owner of Visium’s full contact info:

Maurizio Zanier
via verghetti 45
03014 Fiuggi
Italia
[email protected]

keep in mind that he probably also has another job. I suspect he doesn’t sell enough of these that it’s his only business. Even when I wanted to send him funds he took a couple days to get back to me, so agree with @im4uttx that patience is in order. After a couple days, send him a gentle nudge.

Reactions: drewski
I got mine in July 2017 and fell in love with it immediately. I have a factory Tesla hardtop, but rarely use it or the cloth top at all anymore.

Then just a few weeks ago, I saw this... it appears that the UV/scratch resistant clear coat is pealing off the outside. The photo below is that largest spot, but there are other, smaller spots where it is beginning to bubble and peal off.

It reminds me of the well know issue with pealing on the Roadster headlight assemblies.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on what to do about it?

8CEC9254-D5E7-4839-A1E6-ECC34C4D6167.jpeg 51082F83-0134-41A3-A69A-C7962D8CFE75.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: IslandRoadster
Aw man, that's a shame to see. How difficult is it to remove the remainder of the coating? Perhaps then it can be taken to a tint shop to have a UV film applied? Out of curiosity, is there a specific product you previously used to clean the roof or the car in general that might have contributed to the deterioration?

Aw man, that's a shame to see. How difficult is it to remove the remainder of the coating? Perhaps then it can be taken to a tint shop to have a UV film applied? Out of curiosity, is there a specific product you previously used to clean the roof or the car in general that might have contributed to the deterioration?

I would guess that any detail shop that applies paint protection film or window film could both remove the old film and apply new film. They could also buff out scratches, I suspect. The shop I went to did a nice job on my Roadster headlights, so I wouldn't see how the Visium hardtop would be that much different.

• Helpful
Reactions: Roadster
My new Visium top was a hit at Fully Charged in Austin/ COTA over the weekend...it was drawing raves from both roadster and non-roadster owners....at least 2, perhaps 3 said they would be ordering.....

I was one of those owners who said they would order. I did order mine. Just re-installed it after having the soft top on for the summer. Completely transforms the car, IMHO.

Reactions: drewski