Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing Supercharger busy state when not in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
You know how in the Tesla nav it’ll show “3 of 8 stalls available” (for example) when you look at the info for a given Supercharger? Is there any way we can get that in-use status when we’re not in the car, like on some website? I think the answer is “no,” but I thought I’d ask just in case someone knows something magical.

Note: I know the phone app shows this for the few nearest chargers. But beyond those...

It shows up in the charging screen of the app.

Attachments

• C0CB7430-9209-4028-8EB0-0D94AD6BA67A.png
    C0CB7430-9209-4028-8EB0-0D94AD6BA67A.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: Saghost
For a little while one of the forum gurus was aggregating the data and publishing it on a web site. Tesla contacted him and convinced him to take it down - I think they were concerned about competitors learning too much from analyzing the data.

As noted above, you’ll always see the four closest to you on the Charging page of the Tesla phone app these days.

TezLab works! Thanks again, @davewill!

I had to create an account, and download their app on my phone. At the bottom of the main screen, there is a Find Nearby Superchargers button. That takes you to a map centered on your location, with blue lightning bolt tags on nearby Supercharger locations.

But!

But you can scroll and zoom the map to look at the geography you really want. Good enough for my purposes! Touching the tag for Corning, CA, I see only 2 open stalls at the moment.

TezLab works! Thanks again, @davewill!

I had to create an account, and download their app on my phone. At the bottom of the main screen, there is a Find Nearby Superchargers button. That takes you to a map centered on your location, with blue lightning bolt tags on nearby Supercharger locations.

But!

But you can scroll and zoom the map to look at the geography you really want. Good enough for my purposes! Touching the tag for Corning, CA, I see only 2 open stalls at the moment.
The initial popup is sometimes dated (you'll see how long ago it was updated at the bottom of the popup). Clicking the popup or exiting the map and reloading it will get you a refreshed number.

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC