Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seatback Scratched

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S4WRXTTCS

May 3, 2015
Snohomish, WA
The massive interior space is so seductive to putting things back there that I was bound to fall for it.

The problem is I'm an idiot, and I often end up scratching things because I fail to notice things. No moment of my life is safe.

It's just how my life is, and i really shouldn't be allowed nice things. In fact have a list of things I'm not allowed to have. Thing like wool, or pretty much any expensive clothing except suits. I'm allowed suits because I don't wear them. I just like buying them and having them.

But, enough of my weirdness and onto the question I have.

What would you do in the event that you scratched the back of the drivers seat on a Tesla. Not anything massively huge, but definitely noticeable. Deep enough that a tiny piece is plastic is dangling, but rubbing it off might cause more damage. It was caused by a cardboard box containing the top of a desk. I just didn't think to use the towel I keep in the Tesla to protect the seatback. Normally I do so, but this time I simply didn't notice it.

Would you just leave it after cleaning it as best as you can? That it's okay it's not perfect?

Is there something you'd use on it?

Last edited:
In my first S, my cat snuck into it when I had the door open. I closed the door and came back a few minutes later to find he'd scratched the leather near the driver's headrest. (At least I didn't come back hours later to find a urine-stained car, or days later to find a dead kitty). But I was still pissed!

I had black leather, and ended up doing nothing with it. I figured any attempt to improve it would just make it worse.

In my first S, my cat snuck into it when I had the door open. I closed the door and came back a few minutes later to find he'd scratched the leather near the driver's headrest. (At least I didn't come back hours later to find a urine-stained car, or days later to find a dead kitty). But I was still pissed!

I had black leather, and ended up doing nothing with it. I figured any attempt to improve it would just make it worse.

cats suck. I think you're right though - normally if you try to "fix" something, you sometimes end up doing more harm than good. I feel this way with touch up paint. The scratch or nick might be more acceptable than a smeared touch up paint blob.