Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat post wear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way to avoid it is to have a metal cap over the corner. I'm really surprised there hasn't been a third-party add-on for this. I suspect just about every Model S owner would purchase a set.

So this is still an issue? Why the hell wouldn't Tesla simply redesign the side paneling to make it narrow towards the door. If there is no "point" butting out then there won't be any point to rub up against. It seems a very easy fix (for future vehicles).

So this is still an issue? Why the hell wouldn't Tesla simply redesign the side paneling to make it narrow towards the door. If there is no "point" butting out then there won't be any point to rub up against. It seems a very easy fix (for future vehicles).
It may not be a big issue for owners who are not on the large side. I've had at least 2,500 folks of all sizes in my car and so I have the B-pillar wear.

It may not be a big issue for owners who are not on the large side. I've had at least 2,500 folks of all sizes in my car and so I have the B-pillar wear.

From what I've seen in pictures and videos - once I became aware that this was even an issue, which was only about a week ago lol - it certainly looks like it's a problem for EVERYONE. It doesn't matter your size, as that Bjorn Nyland guy isn't a rotund fellow, but he has worn his panel out, too. The problem is that the door frame, and subsequently the paneling, are designed to be anterior to the seatback and that inherently causes wear as people sit in-and-to-the-back into the seat. It appears impossible to miss the paneling unless you completely alter your entrance/exit habits.

Reactions: AnOutsider