Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat heater after v11 is too hot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a software update last spring (when auto seat heaters first showed up), I feel like my drive seat heater gets way too hot, even if manually set to the lowest setting. When I toggle between all 3 levels, I don't even really notice it getting hotter. Leaving it on the first setting (which I used to do comfortably before) is way too hot and I just end up switching it off.

This is in addition to the very annoying issue that the auto seat heater always switches to max even if the cabin is set to like 73 and outside temp is 60, and doesn't seem to want to throttle down on its own.

Does anyone have this issue? Could this be a hardware issue?

Mine regularly uses settings 1 and 2 when in auto. That said Im in CA so my car isnt trying to do as much of a temperature swing. If you wanted to trouble shoot lower the temp and see if the seat temp lowers with it. If its not you may have something off.

As a side note I love that Tesla seats get so hot. Way better than my various GM vehicles ever had.