Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage 2022 Model Y LR. High Voltage Battery contactors not closing. Car has the new Li-Ion 12v battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes if u have a later software u may don’t need to replace anything u may just need to hit the clear post crash load shed… however if the car has an old software from the beginning, meaning first time u turn the car on, highly are the chances that u have Mohammed case or my case where the only option is the one described by Mohammed.
what version soft you think youd need at a minimum?

Yes is true I had to buy a 12-24V maintainer to keep the car alive. However there must be something else that happen when the car crash besides pyro fuse and srs module because the car is equipped with 15.5 V battery and still does not close contactors and keep saying electrical system power reduced. “vehicle load shedding is active; or reverse battery transistor issue detected”.
Can you tell me which maintainer you got?

Fix the Car, Painted and assembled and they have to accept the car for repair... they have too!!! I will help you with that!
Hi, my name is Jordan and I am from UK. I have the same problem as you guys. Thank you sharing all your experience. It is really helpful! We cant buy this part from UK. It is restricted. It can be only supplied and installed by Tesla. You mentioned that Tesla SC cannot refuse to repair the car if the car is fully pained etc. Is this correct?

yes man replace vcfront and everything will go away. just solved that issue on mine.
Hi Nintendo, I have the same problem you guys are mentioning here with my 2022 model 3 I bought a M3 involved in an accident. I replaced the pyrofuse and bought a brand new battery but it is being getting dead after some time and after reading all your problems there are 100% like the problems I have. What is the part number of the VCfront for me to replace it? I have a 2022 M3. I highly would like your help.

Hi Nintendo, I have the same problem you guys are mentioning here with my 2022 model 3 I bought a M3 involved in an accident. I replaced the pyrofuse and bought a brand new battery but it is being getting dead after some time and after reading all your problems there are 100% like the problems I have. What is the part number of the VCfront for me to replace it? I have a 2022 M3. I highly would like your help.
I had to replace my vcfront also, I have a 22 MY. I go the model off the one that came with car and went on ebay and found someone local who had it for sale.

Hello everyone,
Very new to tesla repair.
I seem to have the same problem that most of you are talking about.
I have a 22 Tesla 3 that was in an accident.
I’ve replaced airbags, seats and rcm.
The pyro and a new lithium ion battery.
My question for you is, if I replace the VCfront for a new one from tesla, do I need to do any programming at all? I don’t have toolbox at the moment.
Or do I need toolbox either way, whether that be replacing VCfront or resetting the crash data?
Thank you

Newer versions of firmware will let you do clearing of load shed right from service mode, make sure you have both headlights plugged and try to update the firmware to latest available version.

If you have latest version which is: 2023.2.10
You can change the battery type from Toolbox, this will let you plug regular acid 12v battery instead of Li-Ion and work on fixing the car the switch back to original Li-Ion afterwards.

In anyway make sure you have powerful enough external support to the LV system, should be between 13V and 16V, with 20-30 Amps.

The VCFront has eFuse system that stays open in case there was an accident, you can either clear the state on the bench (not sure how they do that, but can be done)
Or you can update firmware of car and clear it your self from service mode.

View attachment 907944
Hi, what do you mean by external support? A charger or just a regular car battery? What kind of charger, I can't find a 30 amps for lithium ion. Thanks

Thanks for all your help/knowledge posted. Do you know what software version will require just a new Vcfront, which will require Toolbox 3 to deploy software, and which will require the car to be sent to Tesla?

My car has this and I'm wondering what my next step is. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230302_223831.jpg
    20230302_223831.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 188