Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score after initial 7 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I lost my 1st point 2 days ago. I navigated a sharp right turn slowing from 35mph with regen breaking to around 15mph then slowly turning 120 deg turn. Aggressive turning was tweaked when I checked later. Now, I am at 99% :-(

I find myself taking the wife's ICE car more and more. See this FSD Beta is bad for the environment :)

I really find it outrageous that TESLA just doesn't allow folks who pay the FSD $5-10K just to get the beta. So is not one of the points how it can HELP bad drivers be safer? Also by limiting it to certain groups of drivers it is not real data?

M

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.24.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.24.17 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
For what it is worth, it is also clear that using autopilot actually hurts your safety score in traffic. I've been dinged for following too closely (with following range set on 5) and hard braking for drives when the triggers that caused those dings were when autopilot was on. It will be interesting to see how Tesla addresses this long-term (including for those who get FSD-beta released to them...since it likely will cause similar dings to what autopilot causes)....
also like when people cut in front of you with only 2 feet of room.....happened to me on 3 or 4 occasions

Actually, my criticism in this thread is halfway sarcasm. It is what it is, but it seems another Elon Musk game we are playing. I'm in right now, and playing the game. I understand they want to show they are only releasing the "advanced" beta FSD to safe drivers, and this is what they (and we) have to show the regulators that the release is screening drivers to try to stop delivery of the beta product to "unsafe" drivers. One thing I suppose we are learning is patience. It is all a bit overboard at times.

Reactions: skipere and T-Racer
I drove 90 miles tonight......I had 4 people cut in front of me with less than 8' of spacing.......I also had 5 people cut in front with less than 5 feet.....tapped brakes once.......got home and looked at score....had 15.6% for following too close and .5% hard braking and 2 hard turns......I am at over 475 miles and have 7 of 12 days with 100%.....the rest are 99% and one at 98%.......even though I am at 99% overall, it will probably take me months and months to get fsd released to me.....LA freeways and drivers suck......but at least its not Boston traffic.....

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
I drove 90 miles tonight......I had 4 people cut in front of me with less than 8' of spacing.......I also had 5 people cut in front with less than 5 feet.....tapped brakes once.......got home and looked at score....had 15.6% for following too close and .5% hard braking and 2 hard turns......I am at over 475 miles and have 7 of 12 days with 100%.....the rest are 99% and one at 98%.......even though I am at 99% overall, it will probably take me months and months to get fsd released to me.....LA freeways and drivers suck......but at least its not Boston traffic.....
Why would it take you months if you’re at 99%? I’m at 80 dude!

Musk said: "FSD Beta 10.2 rolls out Friday midnight to ~1000 owners with perfect 100/100 safety scores. Rollouts will hold for several days after that to see how it goes. If that looks good, beta will gradually begin rolling out to 99 scores and below."

To the people who are getting forward collision warnings, you can make any of your drives "not count" towards your score. It was mentioned in another thread and I tested it after I got cut off and heard about people dropping from high 90s to 60s after a single collision warning. When you get to where you're going, (or sooner if you'd like), park the car and do the double button reset before you exit the car. Then you can exit the car or resume your drive and the "bad" drive won't show up on your score.

To the people who are getting forward collision warnings, you can make any of your drives "not count" towards your score. It was mentioned in another thread and I tested it after I got cut off and heard about people dropping from high 90s to 60s after a single collision warning. When you get to where you're going, (or sooner if you'd like), park the car and do the double button reset before you exit the car. Then you can exit the car or resume your drive and the "bad" drive won't show up on your score.
You don't need to park, you can do the reset while the vehicle is in motion. I used to do it all the time when I had MCU/1.

I know this is a dumb question, but what is the "double button reset?" This the software reset using thumb wheels on steering wheel?

And thanks for the tip!

Kinda pissed my safety score was impacted on the breaking and accelerating on a turn when literally had to avoid a car while on auto pilot to avoid a potential issue. would love Tesla to pull logs to fix my score. im currently 94 and really tried my best for the beta software..

• Funny