Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a dource for this? Looks like a solution better than my trash can with the wings.
YONZEE Storage Box Compatible with Tesla Model Y Rear Center Console Flocking Underseat Organizer Tray, Backseat Second Row Organizer Storage Container Trash Can Replacement for Model Y Accessories https://a.co/d/9VeHiOo

Reactions: drdumont
Anyone else having issues with the automatic wiper off functionality after the latest update? Sometimes my wipers will just randomly kick on, and pushing the automatic wiper off button doesn't work to shut them off. Before the latest update it worked fine all the time. It may be some interaction with the battery preconditioning function, but I am not sure on that.

Keith

Anyone else having issues with the automatic wiper off functionality after the latest update? Sometimes my wipers will just randomly kick on, and pushing the automatic wiper off button doesn't work to shut them off. Before the latest update it worked fine all the time. It may be some interaction with the battery preconditioning function, but I am not sure on that.

Keith
What software version? I just updated last night to 2023.20.7 but haven’t tried it yet.

BTW, I was talking about the windshield wiper problem showing up after the latest S3XY button update, not a recent Tesla software update... just to clear up any confusion. Too late to edit my last post :)

Keith
I had this problem too, and I was able to resolve it by toggling the "Wipers Auto Off" setting (from On, to Off, then back to On) in the S3XY app.

Its a piece of plastic and some tape. If you cannot figure out how to get something to stick to a hard surface then im not sure what to tell you. I understand many Tesla people are not car enthusiasts, but posts like this really show how whiney and entitled some owners truly are.

I think you are trying to get free buttons from them, but thats just my opinion.
Whiney and entitled? I want free buttons? You are being quite rude. Making baseles accusations and adding zero value to the discussion. Comenting about me without knowing anything about me is more of a reflection on your personal issues. Way beyond the scope of the buttons. In the process wasting everyones time. Go back to play online games.

Potential buyers beware that you are paying for a product that does not do its most basic function of sticking to the panels. If you dont mind going the extra steps to buy additional tape and figuring out how to make them stick then go for it. But those that want to buy them and have them properly stick…. They wont.

An update. The company was nice enough to take the equipment back. I was also wrong about their location. Regardless of the tape issue I personally did not find value in the buttons for my daily use especially now that I am fully versed in the tesla screen. Its a personal decision on the use and if you like to have to fix a new product.

Whiney and entitled? I want free buttons? You are being quite rude. Making baseles accusations and adding zero value to the discussion. Comenting about me without knowing anything about me is more of a reflection on your personal issues. Way beyond the scope of the buttons. In the process wasting everyones time. Go back to play online games.

Potential buyers beware that you are paying for a product that does not do its most basic function of sticking to the panels. If you dont mind going the extra steps to buy additional tape and figuring out how to make them stick then go for it. But those that want to buy them and have them properly stick…. They wont.

An update. The company was nice enough to take the equipment back. I was also wrong about their location. Regardless of the tape issue I personally did not find value in the buttons for my daily use especially now that I am fully versed in the tesla screen. Its a personal decision on the use and if you like to have to fix a new product.
Again, yours (going off of the several threads about these buttons) seems to be a case that is in the minority. Most seem to stick well; however, those that do not seem to have no issue with paying an extra $6-8 for some good double sided tape. Your inability to find value in the buttons is either deliberate or myopic. Whether it’s enough value to justify the purchase would be another question; however, that there is value in the buttons is undeniable. Your seeming crusade against the buttons , “…buyers beware…” is curious, especially because you, having read this thread, know that most do stick.

You are whining about something not sticking and were demanding free buttons. I commented because you wouldn't stop talking about it.

Nobody else had the issue so you did something to prevent it from sticking which could be easily rectified by yourself. But many Tesla owners are not car people or know how to work with their hands. Glad you got your money back so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

Nobody else had the issue so you did something to prevent it from sticking which could be easily rectified by yourself.
Not true. I have one button that won't stay stuck. The others buttons stayed just fine, and I applied them all exactly the same way. So I assume the button is defective, and they should replace it. (I haven't contacted them yet to see how they respond.)

and were demanding free buttons.
It isn't about demanding free buttons, it is about wanting a defective button to be replaced.

Im gonna be a bit more direct than @bmah was in his mod note, and say that since the specific member who had an issue with buttons sticking has been addressed, it can likely be stopped.

We definitely allow feedback, both positive and negative (as evidenced by that discussion not being removed previously), however not only is that particular situation resolved, its starting to spiral toward a confrontational tone between posters, which we dont allow.

Has anyone else noticed their buttons not working the first time you press one during a drive? (But then they respond reliably after subsequent presses.)

I don’t use mine super frequently, so it’s hard to say if I’m observing a once-in-a-while bug or if this is a common/repeatable behavior.

PLEASE…

Please add the flashing blue warning that precedes AP Deactivation. The model Y can sometimes deactivate AP (e.g. put you in AP Jail) without a single audio warning. Having the extra “blue glow” on the App Dashboard would be really helpful in these circumstances.

Think of it this way, green glow on left and right of dashboard for turn signal, blue glow near the top of Dashboard for AP de-activation warning.

Also, the latest update BROKE your “interior lights” feature. Worked great until I updated. Stopped working after latest update.

2023 Model Y LH (Feb ‘23 Build date)
iPhone 13 Max
iOS 16.3.1