Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now we are focused on a new Smart Action to disable the Auto High Beam when AP is activated which comes on automatically with the latest Tesla update.

Dimitar

I'm not understanding why Auto High Beam would necessarily be turned on automatically when AP is activated. One would think that the two functions would best be mutually exclusive. Is these somewhere in the world where bonding the two functions are legally necessary?

I'm not understanding why Auto High Beam would necessarily be turned on automatically when AP is activated. One would think that the two functions would best be mutually exclusive. Is these somewhere in the world where bonding the two functions are legally necessary?
It helps AP Teslavision see better. At least, that's what makes sense to me, intuitively. It wants to have the best chance to do the right thing.

It helps AP Teslavision see better. At least, that's what makes sense to me, intuitively. It wants to have the best chance to do the right thing.
While that does make sense, it would therefore seem odd that automatic high beams can then be manually disabled while keeping AP on. The annoyance being, for anyone who finds the AHB function does not work well, it has to be manually disabled each time AP is engaged.

While that does make sense, it would therefore seem odd that automatic high beams can then be manually disabled while keeping AP on. The annoyance being, for anyone who finds the AHB function does not work well, it has to be manually disabled each time AP is engaged.
Agreed. I think maybe the ability to turn it off is a nod to the fact that AHB is not perfect. I have found it to be about 80%.

Hey dimitar.ns,

Any update on a shorter time on the "pull the door handle to open the funk" option?

Thanks,

Keith
I must say while it is long, it has been helpful as my kids, for some reason, just hold the door open whenever they are getting something out of the car for me. Also, I have to close the charging port several times a week, because when my son gets in he holds the door handle open long enough to open the charging port. If the timing changes, having the option of shorter or longer time would be great.

What's the recommendation when taking a S3XY button equipped car into Tesla for service? Disconnect everything, so as not to tempt Tesla into voiding the warranty?

I'd probably remove the Commander module and its cable if for no other reason than they might want to plug something into that diagnostic connector. I don't know if that's what you mean by "everything".

Note that at least in the US, Tesla can only refuse warranty coverage if they can prove that your modification caused a defect or damage (see "Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act").

Bruce.

I must say while it is long, it has been helpful as my kids, for some reason, just hold the door open whenever they are getting something out of the car for me. Also, I have to close the charging port several times a week, because when my son gets in he holds the door handle open long enough to open the charging port. If the timing changes, having the option of shorter or longer time would be great.
Yeah, if you read the earlier conversations on the subject, the shorter pull to open charge port / frunk would be an additional option, not in place of the current 4 second pull.

Later,

Keith

Reactions: samori01
I just installed in my TMY.
The dashboard is nice. But I have a problem when I get a phone call. After the phone call is done, the Dashboard/commander disconnects. And I can't seem to reconnect it from the application...

Guys, we just released v2.9.2 (beta) for iOS phones (Android will come in a few days too).
Here are the release notes.
Hope you like the new Smart Actions...more coming soon together with more parametrization to each one!

- Migrated to 2022.28.1! WARNING: Don’t update your Commander to v2.9.2 if you are with older Tesla software (otherwise Headlights buttons and indicators will not work).
- HighBeam Off Smart Action - Turn off HighBeam when it’s activated after starting AP (by simulating left stalk push forward).
- Kickdown Smart Action - press the acceleration pedal all the way down to switch to the max power mode of your car (Chill, Sport, or Plaid).
- AC toggle button
- Recirculation toggle button
- Added “Car Info” screen with data like the model, year, modification, etc.
- Multi-language support. Added languages DE, FR, and NO."

The next big features are Multi-actions for each button, preconditioning of the battery, fog lights, and stopping mode.
Stay tuned!

I just installed in my TMY.
The dashboard is nice. But I have a problem when I get a phone call. After the phone call is done, the Dashboard/commander disconnects. And I can't seem to reconnect it from the application...
Please, send more info to [email protected] such as phone model and os.

Am I the only one having an issue with 28.x and blinker/light icons on the dash ?
These issues are fixed with 2.9.2 we just released so check it out if you are with iOS. For Android, we should wait the app some more.

Last edited:
cool, i got on issue and it is solved the next day, come on, is there anything else like this ? :lol:
has anyone inquired if it would be possible to have a smart action lighting the software deactivated foot lights on TM3 SR+/Propulsion when the doors are opened ?

@dimitar.ns, so with the dual action buttons, would we be able to say click once for AP and then a second or perhaps double click to shut off high beams?
Love the product and the your reception to customer feedback.
With our latest update you won’t need that as there is a new Smart Action which will do it for you. But yes, you could do that in the future if you need.

66E585A0-69BF-45E4-A7A2-802EB19F5D7C.png

Got the new iPhone 14 Pro. Went to update and I am in a perpetual loop of connected then connecting, then connected. I cannot do anything with the app.
@dimitar.ns is there a way to break this loop? The buttons still work. Do I need to delete the app off of my old phone? Not sure how to reset it to my new phone.

Installed v2.9.2.
Kick down... doesn't kick in because of the long delay switching from chill to sport (TMY)
Yes, it comes gradually in 2-3 seconds, as if you change it from the screen. Unfortunately, we cannot change this as it's just how the inverters are programmed.

Got the new iPhone 14 Pro. Went to update and I am in a perpetual loop of connected then connecting, then connected. I cannot do anything with the app.
@dimitar.ns is there a way to break this loop? The buttons still work. Do I need to delete the app off of my old phone? Not sure how to reset it to my new phone.
Sorry for the inconvenience, there might be some issues with the new iPhone, and if so we will fix them asap. Please, send a screen recording and explanation of the problem to [email protected] and we will take it from there.
The Commander could be connected to additional phones but you have to manually press a physical button in the car due to security reasons. Just follow the screens in the app. You don't have to reset or remove it from your previous phone in order to do that. The Commander "remembers" up to 8 phones. If you lost your phone you can press "Forget Other Devices" in Commander settings which will force it to unpair all other phones (that's just in case someone finds your phone and wants to mess up with the Commander).

Reactions: samori01