Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

S 75 non D RWD Uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm posting this, because there seemed to be no solid answers in the threads. Particularly for the RWD S 75.

I picked up my October build inventory S 75 yesterday and it was factory uncorked. They stated they all come that way now. They more call it delivered with “upgraded performance.”

Hope this helps all those ordering inventory units and wondering.

Cheers!

I'm posting this, because there seemed to be no solid answers in the threads. Particularly for the RWD S 75.

I picked up my October build inventory S 75 yesterday and it was factory uncorked. They stated they all come that way now. They more call it delivered with “upgraded performance.”

Cheers!
Mine coming out of Production Monday and was told the same... uncorked

Cheers!
All Model S75 built and sold after July 1st 2017 should already be uncorked. They claim the older Model S75 cannot support being uncorked due to hardware differences, but it's not clear if that's true or that's their way of saying they won't uncork older cars. Around June 19th 2017 they started selling cars with a new option code DU01 which is supposedly a newer drive unit that can handle the increased performance. I say supposedly because they claimed earlier the same was true for the 75D with the DU00 drive unit, but then they uncorked (nearly) all 75D built prior to July. Hopefully things will change, but for now older S75 RWD got left out and are slower than the Model 3 LR. It's a shame since I think a lot of S75 RWD owners would have sprung for the 75D for that kind of improved performance. I think Tesla can upgrade the older cars, but is choosing not to (hopefully that changes).

Yeah, I had read that too, but prior to delivery I wasn’t coincident. The forums were all over the place and even when I ordered and confirmed it had the old 0-60 specs. The sales reps seemed nervous to say for sure. Kind of odd that I bought a 2 week old car brand new with 8 miles and they hadn’t listed the proper 0-60 time. It was still listed at 5.5 seconds.

Reactions: Gt1948
I took delivery of a showroom S 75 a few weeks ago VIN of 184xxx. Would like to know if I have an 'uncorked' vehicle. What is the easiest way to run a test or look at logs to confirm? I've seen the Dashboard for Tesla app where you can run a 0-60 mph test. Outside of that app for Android users, is there another way of retrieving the data? In another uncorking thread there was mention of copying a URL from the spec sheet into a Word document?

Thanks.

I took delivery of a showroom S 75 a few weeks ago VIN of 184xxx. Would like to know if I have an 'uncorked' vehicle. What is the easiest way to run a test or look at logs to confirm? I've seen the Dashboard for Tesla app where you can run a 0-60 mph test. Outside of that app for Android users, is there another way of retrieving the data? In another uncorking thread there was mention of copying a URL from the spec sheet into a Word document?

Thanks.

The easiest way is to floor it. Obviously that only works if you know what a sub 5 second car would feel like. The most certain way is to ask Tesla what your build date was. If it is after July 1st you're uncorked. You can also ask your OA if it was after the uncorking, and what your 0-60 is. If you want to gather your own data, Powertools for iOS has a function for collecting quarter mile and 0-60 times.

Reactions: isjka

Thanks.
Please update us when you find out if your car has been Uncorked. Your VIN's production date is likely earlier in 2017, which would be a great indication if it's truly hardware limited.

Just got mine back from service yesterday. It was a 60D July 2016 build now a 75D. Have not yet gotten to doing a 0-60 test but immediately noticed more "snap" to it. I am LOVING Tesla with this upgrade. They also did the brake recall (Replace LH and RH Parking Brake Calipers - Gear Recall) and changed the pads. Re-badged , Removed and Replaced Forward Facing Camera Due to Internal Fault. I had been getting an inconsistent AP error msg.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I thought you all might be interested in a sample 0-61 run. This was done with 60% battery and PSI that was over the recommended by a couple. With a higher charge and lower PSI I might have been able to do even better. It was 60 degrees and 971’ elevation. Just a quick try from a stoplight.

Attachments

• 5350C8B7-FD30-4599-89FB-9089EABAF750.png
    5350C8B7-FD30-4599-89FB-9089EABAF750.png
    533.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Funny
Reactions: Krash